Thread: Our work is paying off!

Our work is paying off!

I've got quite a few Halloweens under by belt. And I really have to say I think, no, let me rephrase that...
    I KNOW I saw a LOT more crossdressers out this year than ever before.
    That does not only include adults, but kids as well. We went to two parties and stopped by two bars for short dances this weekend. The first party, two couples did the gender swap theme. One couple as Bret and Scarlet. The second as football player and cheerleader. The second party was another guy in a nurse outfit. The first bar nothing, but the second had one very skimpy clad, over-endowed western barmaid.
    Handing out candy last night I had an 11 year old "female" robin hood and later a 14 something year old with 3 same age Gg's all dressed in various female super hero costumes. The boy was batgirl. Yes, "she" got a great big "atagirl"!
    This has to say something about the effect us out and about ladies are having on society. I know we will not ever get any kudos, nor do I look for them, but I'm glad we are having the effect on society for those younger ones.
    Anybody else notice this trend (or is it Arizona only?).
    What did they dress like? Good costumes or lame making fun of us type?

Aspiring Member
    No...only a few adults in regular costumes and all the kids as usual around here. I did not see one gender swap what so ever. I live in a little bitty town that has a "good ole boy mentality".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    This has to say something about the effect us out and about ladies are having on society.
    Do you really believe that?

" Do I really believe that?"
    Oh most definatly. I'm old enough to have seen what it was actually like for CD\Tg's etc, for many many years now. I think the biggest difference happened with the internet. A lot of us found out we weren't alone. There were so many of us. Information on causes of gender disforia and other diagnosis were made easily accessable so more people became aware of it. There is always strength in numbers, and we are taking advantage of it by letting the world know we are here, and here to stay. And that's it's O.K. to be who we are.

I do think that there are more cd's and ts's out now than ever before. I think it is because of the success of the gay movement. It has caused more people to realize that everyone does not march to the same drummer. There are not as many out of us as I would like to see but maybe one day it will be thought of as just another one of the bunch. Our numbers do seem to be growing....or am I just looking for it more?

Cross dressing is becoming more acceptable?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    Do you really believe that?
    well hiding and whining has not worked out very well (sorry too many political ads I guess). You cannot change people's minds by hiding in the dark
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Some of us are interested in looking as much like a woman as we can. We do not want anyone knowing we are a man. Others do not want the public to know they look like a woman and stay in the closet. With so much illusion and hiding going on it is no wonder the public is not being comfortable with us as we are hiding it in everything we do. If someone knows we are caught and we try very hard not to get caught. We want to be accepted but we do not want to get caught...a catch 22?

Platinum Member
    I do think that gender bending is more accepted each year, particularly in the playful context of Halloween. But I also have observed a gradual spillover of gender bending spilling over towards mainstream, mostly from the punk and goth influences. All for the good, I think!

The 2012 Paradigm Shift and Armageddon are coming and the end of the old world and the start of the new world, a heaven on Earth, where everyone loves everyone and dresses and acts however they damn well please (nonviolently). Hooray. And for our work, how much are we being paid?
    Last edited by LelaK; 11-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Lelak.... slowwwwwly step away from the bottle.

I actually saw a young girl (11-13 in age) that was crossdressing as a "man", fake beard, guy clothes, the works. When I was walking down with my wife she turned around and had the look of a deer in head lights. Wasn't sure if she knew I was a guy from my looks or just freaked out because I was talking normal and pushing the stroller beside my wife.

It's funny because the party I went to had the host (female) dressed as a man in a wheelchair. Nobody batted an eye but I bet if I went to the same party dressed as Gina I would have been ridiculed.

I went to two parties (different outfits), and had a blast! No one hassled me, and yes, I did know people at each party. At work all week, the guys have jokingly been calling me the crossdresser and having some fun with it. I joke right along with it, saying things, like, "Hey everybody needs a hobby!" But then this is a group that knows I'm a joker and a prankster. Last year, following a morning meeting, I leaned into the circle and told one of the guys that I decided to take him up on his offer. He says, what offer?, looking like he missed something. All the others are looking at me, asking what offer. Thus, I responded, "Joe said he would pay for half my sex change surgery, if he could be the first to use my new equipment!" Joe looked like a fish out of water, gulping, unable to speak, while everyone else was roaring with laughter. After several minutes, Joe was finally able to croak, "No I didn't!" Sooner or later, I get everyone.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GinaM View Post
    It's funny because the party I went to had the host (female) dressed as a man in a wheelchair. Nobody batted an eye but I bet if I went to the same party dressed as Gina I would have been ridiculed.
    And if you went dressed as Gina and said you were transsexual, you would be ridiculed even more I bet!

few guys at my old high school would dress as women for Halloween. I once saw a guy in a french maid uniform and he looked pretty good, passable even. I think it was because he actually had a good wig. He was pretty young, probably very early twenties.