Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina Laws

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaQ View Post
    ..................Myself, wife and daughter went to a fish restaurant, the cashier seated us and we waited and waited. The waitress was asked by the cashier if she would get our order and she said that she would not. No problem....................
    It probably wasn't her station. Did you consider speaking to the manager?

I have had problems in restaurants but I wouldn't think to call out an entire city or state because of a single waitress.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    The problem is not the Police but a homo/transphobe named Bubba what has just finished his second six pack of Budweiser and is about to show is redneck friends how macho he is. Seriously that is the real problem in redneck areas. It is best to stay out of redneck areas.
    Again, the "redneck" thing. Define "redneck", please?

"Bubbas" live in every state of the union and in every city or town as well as rural areas.

PS: Just to show how little you know about "rednecks", their beer of choice is Bud Light, not Budweiser.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Again, the "redneck" thing. Define "redneck", please?

"Bubbas" live in every state of the union and in every city or town as well as rural areas.

PS: Just to show how little you know about "rednecks", their beer of choice is Bud Light, not Budweiser.
    Linda I'm not trying to be mean or anything but you seem to have a real problem with the way people express themselves. In todays usage a redneck can appear anywhere and be almost anyone. Granted the historic use of the term was geographically specific and was applied primarily to a specific type of people but is now more generically used to describe mean spirited men everywhere.

Also you criticized my use of the word 'fine'. If a police officer hands out a citation he more than likely is handing out a 'fine' because most citations are not contested. Therefore if a citation results in a departure of a certain amount of money from somebody's purse it is a fine.

Also I can guarentee that where I live a redneck's choice of beer is definitely not 'Budlight'.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    Linda I'm not trying to be mean or anything but you seem to have a real problem with the way people express themselves. In todays usage a redneck can appear anywhere and be almost anyone. Granted the historic use of the term was geographically specific and was applied primarily to a specific type of people but is now more generically used to describe mean spirited men everywhere.

Also you criticized my use of the word 'fine'. If a police officer hands out a citation he more than likely is handing out a 'fine' because most citations are not contested. Therefore if a citation results in a departure of a certain amount of money from somebody's purse it is a fine.

Also I can guarentee that where I live a redneck's choice of beer is definitely not 'Budlight'.
    You have a problem with me having a problem with the way people express themselves? I was responding to Jamie001's use of the word "redneck" in a derogatory context. Would you be OK with someone calling you a "faggot" because you wear women's clothes? Are you OK with peope using the word "N####r" when referring to a Black person?

Jeff Foxworthy can use the term "redneck" in a fun way because, first, he identifies as one, and second, he is not using it in a mean way like Jamie001 did. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are quite a few crossdressing "rednecks".

If that makes sens to you, that's OK. The fact remains that the police cannot fine anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    The problem is not the Police but a homo/transphobe named Bubba what has just finished his second six pack of Budweiser and is about to show is redneck friends how macho he is. Seriously that is the real problem in redneck areas. It is best to stay out of redneck areas.
    But...but I live in redneckville... What am I supposed to do? LOL

(And before anybody gets upset, look at where I live)
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Quote Originally Posted by Nitas View Post
    I got pulled over by the highway patrol one time in the mountains of NC while I was fully dressed, wig & makeup, I had to show the officer my license with my male name and photo and he didn't even bat an eye nor did he ask me why I was dressed as a girl...all I got was a warning for driving to fast for conditions
    He probably didn't believe you were actually a guy if you looked anything like your picture...
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Thanks, but you should see my driver license photo...it's really bad.

Well this may be a help. This is from our motorcycle association web site. but does pertain to us CDs too.

DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF CLOTHING OR CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS ILLEGAL

Any person whose exercise or enjoyment of rights secured by the Constitution or laws of the United States has been interfered with, or attempted to be interfered with may institute and prosecute a civil action for injunctive and other appropriate equitable relief including the award of compensatory monetary damages. The Supreme Court ruled in the case of Cohen vs. California, 403 U.S.15 (1971) that individuals have the constitutional right under the First Amendment to wear clothing which displays writings or designs. In addition, the right of an individual to freedom of association has long been recognized and protected by the United States Supreme Court. Thus, a person's right to wear the clothing of his choice, as well as his right to belong to any club or organization of his choice is constitutionally protected, and persons or establishments who discriminate on the basis of clothing or club memberships are subject to lawsuit.

And that ladies trumps any state law. period.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Quote Originally Posted by kymmieLorain View Post
    Well this may be a help. This is from our motorcycle association web site. but does pertain to us CDs too.

DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF CLOTHING OR CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS ILLEGAL

Any person whose exercise or enjoyment of rights secured by the Constitution or laws of the United States has been interfered with, or attempted to be interfered with may institute and prosecute a civil action for injunctive and other appropriate equitable relief including the award of compensatory monetary damages. The Supreme Court ruled in the case of Cohen vs. California, 403 U.S.15 (1971) that individuals have the constitutional right under the First Amendment to wear clothing which displays writings or designs. In addition, the right of an individual to freedom of association has long been recognized and protected by the United States Supreme Court. Thus, a person's right to wear the clothing of his choice, as well as his right to belong to any club or organization of his choice is constitutionally protected, and persons or establishments who discriminate on the basis of clothing or club memberships are subject to lawsuit.

And that ladies trumps any state law. period.

Kymmie
    I'm not too sure about the "period" part. This sentence "and persons or establishments who discriminate on the basis of clothing or club memberships are subject to lawsuit." could be taken to mean that restaurants (for example) could not require patrons to wear shirts or shoes, and would not allow the fancier restaurants to require patrons to dress appropriately. Many restaurants I have been to have these policies and apparently, they are not in violation of the US Constitution.

Banks and pawn shops I have been to do not allow the wearing of dark glasses, hoods, etc. inside the establishment.

I suggested above than anyone who wants to know the laws in a particular jurisdiction should contact the authorites and ask. I still think that's a good suggestion and better than relying on the advice of "Internet lawyers".
    Last edited by linda allen; 11-07-2012 at 12:18 PM.