Thread: Does anybody else's pink fog kick in when they are depressed

Does anybody else's pink fog kick in when they are depressed

I've been having a hard time lately with my partner hospitalised with bipolar and I've noticed. My urge to dress has increased during the stress and depression. Not that I've been able to act on it because we have two small children at home. Does this happen to anyone else and how do you cope?

My dressing has helped me way beyond what I can say. It has helped me deal with all the crap that has transpired in my life. It keeps me grounded like a tree. If I didnt dress I dont know how Id handle my single years.Friends can be an aweaome thing when there for real.
    Renee

[SIZE="3"]Absolutely....It's the best therapy I have ever found!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Emma Renee
    same here when i am over stressed there is nothing more calming then then dressing for a couple of hours or over night t make me feel great when i wake up in the morning.
    Emma Renee

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Dressing always feels so good to do when I am feeling good. So of course that makes me want that feeling so much more when I am depressed. If I get to dress it is hard to stay depressed long...lol. If all I can do is think about it, I do grin a bit, but stay down longer.

Hope your situation improves, both the dressing, and your partner.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Something witty.
    Definitely can relate to this. It really is good therapy, even if short-lived, I have done it many a time when down for various reasons in the past. So nice nowadays to do it when things are 'normal' too and come back on a natural high. Renee is right too about friends. For years I only did solo dressing, which while fun in its own way, I now find I prefer going out in a group dressed. The energy and confidence I get from it is therapy too.

When I'm depressed I don't feel like doing much of anything, including dressing. I just sleep a bunch or stare at a TV.

Low mood/depression/stress is one of the biggest fuels for my dressing.
    Don't get me wrong, I dress through the happy times too, but when times are crappy, making myself look pretty is a great boost.

Some people eat chocolate, some people go on a spending splurge (I should be so lucky), some people hit the gym...
    I like to make myself look as much like a girl as possible LOL

It's therefore no surprise that winter blues (SAD) kick start a whole season of dressing.
    The good news is that winter party dresses are much more to my taste than summer dresses
    Samantha -x-

Dressing is a great therapy and stress reliever in troubled times.
    Under normal conditions and your degree of outness, it can be stressful.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, most certainly feel the urge when down about life. I think it's a comfort thing

Platinum Member
    Honestly, for me dressing is so much an everyday aspect of my life, that I really don't feel its driven by moods, one way or another.

Hi Sibby. So sorry to hear about your partner in the hospital.

I definitely relate to this. I definitely turn to dressing as a means to comfort myself. My interest and focus on crossdressing goes in cycles, and I spend a lot more time thinking about it during periods when I need some extra comfort. This might simply be due to being overwhelmed, or underwhelmed, at work, and dressing up can be an escape from the stress or from the mundane. Sometimes it is due to more complicated self-esteem issues, and dessing helps me feel special, and attractive, and valued.

Anyway, I know this is not the way most crossdressers feel, but I am fascinated by the subject. If anyone would like to chat more about this, please PM me.

Thanks for asking this question, Sibby!

Regards,
    Stacy
    *StacyP*

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sibbycd View Post
    I've been having a hard time lately with my partner hospitalised with bipolar and I've noticed. My urge to dress has increased during the stress and depression. Not that I've been able to act on it because we have two small children at home. Does this happen to anyone else and how do you cope?
    Hi Sibby

Depression is a beast that will swallow your mind and then go after your heart. My ticker ain't all that great so I always need a little help.

I pray....................................

Thera