Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The waisting of lingerie, especially by GGs

Banned Read only
    I see a lot of excuses here for women not wearing sexy enticing lingerie. My wife is a very sensual woman. When she gets bored out of her skull shopping for lingerie, then it is hopeless. I personally believe too many women have not acquired the art of being alluring. Part of the romance is unwrapping the packaging. I do not buy into the notion plus size women are afraid to show their bodies. Once upon a time lingerie was used to obscure their perceived imperfections.

It seems the early 1980's started the demise of sexy lingerie and day wear. Check eBay and other vintage lingerie resellers. There is an abundance of larger sizes, up to 46, in day wear. Sometimes in order to keep romance alive there has to be a little creativity and mystique.

Yeah, wear those cotton comfortable panties to your nursing job. But, darn, do get some sexy lingerie and day wear.

LOL Snow White, that's funny.

I had a similar experience at Dillards. She brought a bra that is 2 cup sizes bigger than I've worn since I was 18, with a band 2 inches smaller than my usual band and it dug into my skin. I think she thought I was after cleavage or something. lol.

I actually did end up getting the bra (it's very pretty), but in my regular cup size and band size, with TWO pairs of the matching panties.

... all in beige. It only came in beige or black, and I already have 2 black bras, one which is fairly new.

http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/b...ownsOnly=false

And to answer Tara, yes men appreciate seeing their women in lingerie. I doubt that non-CDers would think about it in the same way as some of the CDers do, to the point where they shake their heads in dismay wondering why women aren't wearing the lingerie all the time.
    Reine

It is sort of like shaving above the knee. If someone is going to see it, then go with cute and sexy. If not, just get something that does not try and crawl up my butt.

My cute and sexy are for playtime and are bought with the idea they may be destroyed during said playtime. Everything else suits a purpose, pull it in, push it out out keep it tight.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

[QUOTE=vanphair;3011908]
    [SNIP]
    So I am biased, but what I really don't get is the "wasting of lingerie". By that, I mean wearing boring/blah women's underwear. Like nude bras or white panties. Things in icky cotton or microfiber designed to be hidden like they are something to be ashamed of. Sure, I get the whole idea of practical underwear at times for women, but I don't understand for the life of me why women don't celebrate and embrace the fact that they can wear beautiful lingerie any time they want. So many women wear flesh-toned bras and nude panties, and that just makes me sad. If I could wear beautiful lingerie every day, I sure as heck would. I wonder if women realize how lucky they are to have that choice?[QUOTE]

I've had three women who had serious problems with yeast infections when they wore anything other than cotton underwear, 2 of them had systemic candida albicans, yeast in the blood stream. One was so severe that if I used brown sugar in a spaghetti sauce, she would be almost drunk 30 minutes later. Even a small amount of sugar would be converted to alcohol - IN THE BLOODSTREAM.

Men get an itch in the crotch, they can just scratch or pinch. Women who get severe yeast infections itch even more severely, but there is nothing they can scratch. The only relief is to wear cotton panties that breathe so they can restore a healthy flora. Many of these women got too many antibiotics when they were younger.

Many women save the silky satiny lingerie for special occasions, situations where they want to feel sexy, powerful, and/or romantic. Wearing the "fun stuff" every day, would take away the thrill and just make it ordinary.

Again, I realize there are days when practical underwear is necessary, but it seems like lingerie (and I think there is a clear line between women's underwear and lingerie) is the exception to the rule in terms of a lady's wardrobe.
    Anyone else feel the same way? And for the GGs out there ... why wouldn't you wear pretty lingerie whenever you had the chance?
    I do, but even then there are times and situations where I want more support and wear the spandex, and other times when I'm sore down there and want something loose - my wife calls them "Granny Panties" that are loose tricot. Most of the time, I'm not even aware of which underwear I'm wearing. It's when I'm going to the bathroom, getting ready for bed, or lounging that I notice and am aware.

There are even times when I wear the cotton panties. Especially when I'm wearing a spandex camisole - the cotton panties keep the cami from slipping.

If you really want to wear sexy feminine undies all the time, you should do it. You're not hurting anyone, and you aren't putting anyone at risk. If you have to undress in front of a bunch of men, then wear your jockeys or boxers, but if you have privacy in the bathroom and don't need to go to the locker room, then enjoy what you like. Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    The fact remains there are still far too many girls who are anorexic or bulimic and I do blame this on the false ideal of female beauty that is very much pushed on us, beginning at age 5 when we get our first, unrealistically proportioned Barbie doll with her exaggerated figure
    Poor Barbie takes way too much of the rap for this. She's a doll, forgoshsakes, and she's no more responsible for bulimia than GI Joe is responsible for the random acts of violence occasionally perpetrated by men who played with the dolls as children. I wonder what strange behavior we can blame on Spongebob Squarepants?

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    A nude colored bra and panties are very important pieces of any wardrobe, you ever wear a black bra with a white shirt? Unless its a thick sweater the black bra will show through. This is true for a lot of color/patterned bra's.
    Yes. a beige bra is a must have item, though my colorful animal print model is more fun with opaque tops. One thing I'll never understand is why women's tops, even blouses made to wear alone, so often border on sheer.

LOL Snow White, that's funny.

I had a similar experience at Dillards. She brought a bra that is 2 cup sizes bigger than I've worn since I was 18, with a band 2 inches smaller than my usual band and it dug into my skin. I think she thought I was after cleavage or something. lol.
    LOL! One thing that even a CDer knows is that there are only two pertinent measurements, how far around you are, and the volume of the items to be contained. Once you have those two things determined you're done. It's not rocket science (and I know rocket science!)
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Eryn, I don't have daughters, but have many friends who do. They didn't like Barbie dolls any more than I did. Not the collector dolls in period costumes, but the Toys 'R Us Barbies clad in the bimbo clothing popular during the 1980s. I got turned off when shopping for a little girl's birthday party once and could not find one Barbie doll who wasn't dressed like a hooker. I ended up getting this little girl a science kit.

You should read the link I posted about Barbies and follow the links in that article to a former anorexic who constructed a life-sized Barbie doll in high school to show the world how impossibly disproportionate her body is (likely designed by men) and the negative subliminal messages it sent. Never mind, here's the link:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/425956.../#.UJjAoqUpvgM

The idea that our daughters are receiving wrong messages about what they should look like through Barbie is not new, and I totally agree that she is a bad influence .. but not by herself, she's just the intro. The rest comes from the bombardment of media ads/fashion magazines, etc, featuring women who have bodies that only a small percentage of women have.

In fact, Mattel did increase Barbie's waist size in 1997, but it still is disproportionate.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-06-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Reine

...how impossibly disproportionate her body is (likely designed by men)...
    To set the record straight, Barbie was designed by Ruth Handler who named the doll after her daughter. She had to fight to get the doll produced, since it wasn't a cherubic baby doll like those sold at that time and the prudish Mattel executives (all male) didn't care for it.

Mrs. Handler later designed the "Nearly Me" breast form and ran the company that produced it for 15 years.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    To set the record straight, Barbie was designed by Ruth Handler who named the doll after her daughter. She had to fight to get the doll produced, since it wasn't a cherubic baby doll like those sold at that time and the prudish Mattel executives (all male) didn't care for it.

Mrs. Handler later designed the "Nearly Me" breast form and ran the company that produced it for 15 years.
    Yes. Ruth Handler's husband was co-founder of Mattel. Ruth based the design of the Barbie doll on a german doll called Bild Lilli, designed by a man, Reinhard Beuthin, who modeled Lili after his own illustration of a buxom young cartoon character he conceived to lift the spirits of post-war Germany. The link includes Heinhard's illustrations (scroll down) and the Lili doll. Ruth bought three Lili dolls while on a trip to Germany and worked with another man, Mattel engineer Jack Ryan, to produce the first Barbie who had similar proportions to Lili. Shortly after Barbie was launched, Mattel bought the rights to Bild Lili and stopped its production.
    Reine

I t is our problem too.

When my wife and I first got married, she wore the lacy under garments and frilly clothes. Thiswas just fine with me. We moved to Alabama and she had her first yeast infection. Cotton was the order of the day then. I was more comfortable and helped with the yeast infections. But she still got the pretty prints of panties. Fast forward 20 years and my wife is getting yeast infections every month. Diflucan does not work anymore or only works for about a week. She in miserable. We started doing research on yeast infections. Turns out that most women got their yeast infections from the men in their lives. Men will get a blood infection and pass that on. We finally got the situation taken care of. We found a product call Fungal Defence from Garden of Life. We both took it to clear up any yeast infections. My wife has not had a yeast infection for 6 years now. If there is any hint of discomfort we both take this stuff and systoms go away. She is back to wearing the satin/lacy stuff again and life is good.

I only have one thing to say regarding this issue Hon. "To each their own". How they address it and dress themselves is totally up to them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have to admit, I snoozed a lot during lectures in school, but I remember some stuff, like breathable underwear, avoid baths, wipe front to back, don't use douches all being preventative measures, not cures. Fungal infections thrive on warmth, darkness, and moisture. Antifungals and/or sulfa based medications (provided no allergies to sulfa-based meds) being required to cure. Cranberry juice is a home remedy, but not guaranteed (or cranberry tablets).

Yes, there's a time and place for sexy and alluring, and there's a time and place for comfortable and practical. It's like buying a car. Yes, you love your Porsche to death ... but why are you always calling me to bring my truck whenever you need to move anything larger than a suitcase?!?

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Poor Barbie takes way too much of the rap for this. She's a doll, forgoshsakes, and she's no more responsible for bulimia than GI Joe is responsible for the random acts of violence occasionally perpetrated by men who played with the dolls as children. I wonder what strange behavior we can blame on Spongebob Squarepants?
    GI Joe causing violence in men no. However body issues at times yes, the amount of time I spent stunting my growth lifting weights during my pre-teen years just so I could have a body and washboard abs like Duke and Flint. This often conflicted along with my fem desires to look like Scarlet, Lady Jay, and Baroness which caused quite a bit of issues in my childhood.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Quote Originally Posted by VANESSA1976 View Post
    ...............to women most days underwear is just something to put on.
    Yep, just as we put on our whitey tighties (or used to as the case may be).

When I read these threads and posts, I have to think that the posters have never been married or lived with a female. Women wear women's clothing, not as some sort of fetish, but because it's illegal to run around in public naked and it's usually too cold to do so.

For a female, panties are something to be worn so nobody sees your crotch when you bend over. A bra is something to keep the boobs from bouncing too much. Practical, that's all.

The lace and frills are for when there's a chance she will undress in front of someone she wants to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ........ I personally believe too many women have not acquired the art of being alluring. .........
    When did it become a woman's job to be alluring?

..............One thing that even a CDer knows is that there are only two pertinent measurements, how far around you are, and the volume of the items to be contained. Once you have those two things determined you're done.
    And how high or low on the chest they are. My wife was in the fitting room at Fredricks of Hollywood with a 25 year old "B" cup SA trying to fit my wife with a bra and I overheard her say "I guess you need the long straps".

Size and gravity over time can play a part.
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-06-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=ReineD;

I honestly think that many CDers have closets that exceed the average GG's in size, at least according to reports I've read on this site. So if a CDer has dozens and dozens (or more) of bras, panties, etc, it is the CDer who places undue importance on this more than the GG who dresses for comfort and practical reasons ... unless she's young and looking to impress her new boyfriend or the boyfriend that she is in the market for.

. ((Guilty as charged your honor))

So really, just as you say, "Why don't more GGs wear the lingerie that I like", most GGs will say,

"Why on earth do CDers place so much importance on lingerie?"

. (( The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence))
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Women view lingerie differently. For them, its clothing. Look in the online catalogs...the lingerie section includes a lot of garments that just simple, comfortable and utilitarian. That doesn't mean women don't appreciate cute panties and bras...there are lots of those too. But these aren't sexualized....except for the lace teddy, etc which may be explicity purchased and worn for the response from their partners.

Certainly, the emotional attachment to particularly sexy lingerie is a male thing. As several people have commented, men love women in lingerie. Its a largely sexual response. Lingerie is important to us because of this sexual context....and at least early on, as a proxy for a female partner.

I suspect that most CDrs first wore lingerie in that sexual context. (Reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield's line: "I remember the first time I had sex. I was really scared. I was all alone!")

This thread was all going so well until someone had to bring up fungal infections.

Banned Read only
    It takes some effort to keep a long term marriage healthy. From what I see in the visual media and in the environment too many women of today let it all hang out. How many times do I see a young adult with their boobs hanging out of their tops cashiering at Target. Is that alluring? To me it appears to be the 'caveman' approach. Hey, dude "Take me!" I think this may be a generational thing. Older guys did grow up with women accentuating their femininity. Now? Not so much!

I should have also stated guys should try to be 'alluring also.' That precludes stuffing your face with beer and pizza and expecting your body to be fit and trim. The number of younger guys walking the malls with beer guts, tee shirts too short to hide their navels and displaying the cracks of their ass is disgusting.

I guess they're hooking up with those women with their boobs hanging out of their tops.

My point is men and women of my generation (I'll preface it with "MY") think men and women look more attractive to their mates with sensual attire than butt naked. I will agree certain body types will turn a spouse on dressed in nothing more than a tee shirt and briefs with wind swept hair caressing her face. Been there, done that!

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    When did it become a woman's job to be alluring?
    The point of the original post was the infrequency of the poster seeing lingerie being worn. Again, I and my wife spent the early years of our marriage in New York City. We spent many hours together in mid town Manhattan shopping ONLY for lingerie and day wear. There were racks of delightful lingerie, colorful matching bra, panty and slip sets.

Crap, if there wasn't sensual lingerie and day wear back in the 1950's and 1960's I sure the hell would not have turned out to be a cross dresser!!! I guess I should blame Mr. Rowland Hussey Macy and Mr. Adam Gimbel for me being a cross dresser.

It depends on what you want. From what's said on this forum, I strongly suspect that my wardrobe, compared to lots of people's, is very limited and boring. I try to buy sensible stuff that a middle-aged woman could wear. But look at what I can do with it.

Today, e.g., I had my first day out on this little town I live in. I had stuff to do in the Post Office and library, shopping to do at the supermarket, then I went to a café for a cup of tea. I was wearing nice-looking, but sensible stuff: coat, hat, top, skirt, flat boots. I was hardly out of the house when I started playing a little game: how many people would I run into who knew me well but would fail to recognize me? I counted six--three of whom I actually spoke to (in the supermarket).

People paid no attention to me. At one point I ran into a large group of schoolkids and they didn't even bother to get out of my way. That's how little notice they took of me.

So my clothes, however boring they might be, help make me invisible--an incredible blessing for a "girl" like me.

So it's a question of what you want--lace and frills or a life. My guess is that most GG's want a life.

Annabelle

Hold on to your jock straps, everyone! A few posts on here inspired me to turn on my computer so I could type faster than on my iTelephone screen. I think it's clear who on this thread was raised male, and who on this thread was raised female. I love the posts Reine and Snow have put on here (Snow, you've got me in stitches!) so I won't spend too much time saying what they said.

tl;dr version:

I wear underwear that I like. not that I think you will like. Sometimes I wear underwear I think Crystal will like, but that's between her and I.
    ... Sometimes, like to day, everything is black; the bra and panty, the slip. the thigh high stockings, the heels, the dress and the bib apron is black with a pink floral pattern. Other times I feel like a little tease. This knee length long sleeves black dress can be worn over a pink slip and pink bra and panty set. A little hint of daring. Or a lacy white slip and panty. Personally, I love it when I see a woman crossing her legs and there is a hint of lace underneath.

... Of course, Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof gets my lions afire!
    Stephanie, whatever floats your boat... but honestly? This level of detailed fanatacism over matchy matchy lingerie is NOT what most GGs do. And honestly, if I am going to a place where I think there is the barest possibility that some guy at least twenty or thirty years older will even THINK about what my undergarments are or look like, then I am going to FOR SURE make sure they are as hidden as possible. What you find exciting, I find immeasurably creepy and insulting to women as human beings as opposed to props for hetero male fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by vanphair View Post
    I still don't get it. I can understand being practical for work situations and other events, but that mentality seems to take over nearly 24/7. And besides, a woman can wear a pretty bra and still not have it be showy or work inappropriate. Same with panties ... a little pink or lace on the legs isn't going to ruin an outfit. And lord knows so many women wear Hanky Panky thongs, why not get one in a cute pink or print instead of white or nude? My point is that they are so lucky to be able to wear lingerie it shouldn't just be "something to put on." For all the talk we hear about empowering themselves through clothing and other means, why not start at the core? It is such a simple thing. I know when I put on pretty lingerie, I just feel different. It is an emotional connection to feeling feminine and sexy and comfortable. They should be so happy to open up the panty drawer and find pretty prints and designs to put on. So you need a comfortable panty to wear for a long day at work? I get that. But it doesn't have to be nude or white ... it can be a nice feminine shade with a cute bow hidden away. Heck even Olga panties with their comfy lace waistband and delicate bow should do! All I know is that if I see a woman wearing something even approaching pretty lingerie, I think to myself "There is someone who cares about themselves." I have been brave enough by the way a few times to wear pretty satin lingerie all day. Yes it got hot, but it was a pure joy and I don't see myself ever getting tired of it.
    I agree with the sentence I bolded. Personally, I've shopped at specialty underwear stores since I was a young teen: not because I think anyone else (at that age, especially, but even now) should be all up in my bidness and know what it is I'm wearing, but because knowing that I am wearing something super cute that is for ME ONLY makes me feel upbeat. It's nice having secret things you do just for you.

I'm seeing now, though, that apparently the 'things I do just for me to feel special' aren't the right ones? Sheesh, now I'm being told that all my awesome, soft, tastefully coloured underwear that makes me feel good about myself is too BORING for you guys? And here I thought I was being all classic and timeless with getting the nude panties rather than the black-and-white-racing-checks-with-flourescent-yellow-highlights ones that made my eyes twitch.

Seriously, as a GG I don't feel like wearing the things that make ME happy is a 'waist' of lingerie. At all. You get to wear what you like and want. So should I. It really pisses me right off to see titles like the one on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda79135 View Post
    When my wife and I first got married, she wore the lacy under garments and frilly clothes. Thiswas just fine with me. We moved to Alabama and she had her first yeast infection. Cotton was the order of the day then. I was more comfortable and helped with the yeast infections. But she still got the pretty prints of panties. Fast forward 20 years and my wife is getting yeast infections every month. Diflucan does not work anymore or only works for about a week. She in miserable. We started doing research on yeast infections. Turns out that most women got their yeast infections from the men in their lives. Men will get a blood infection and pass that on. We finally got the situation taken care of. We found a product call Fungal Defence from Garden of Life. We both took it to clear up any yeast infections. My wife has not had a yeast infection for 6 years now. If there is any hint of discomfort we both take this stuff and systoms go away. She is back to wearing the satin/lacy stuff again and life is good.
    Did your wife ever go to the doctor about these yeast infections? Because I gotta tell ya, recurring yeast infections can sometimes be caused by (or mask) other infections. Some diseases can (and do) have symptomless stages which can have really negative health consequences years or decades later. The fact that symptoms cleared up when you both treated yourselves does look like it was a yeast infection, but that's not always the case for everyone.

http://women.webmd.com/yeast-infecti...something-else

I see a lot of excuses here for women not wearing sexy enticing lingerie. My wife is a very sensual woman. When she gets bored out of her skull shopping for lingerie, then it is hopeless. I personally believe too many women have not acquired the art of being alluring. Part of the romance is unwrapping the packaging. I do not buy into the notion plus size women are afraid to show their bodies. Once upon a time lingerie was used to obscure their perceived imperfections.

It seems the early 1980's started the demise of sexy lingerie and day wear. Check eBay and other vintage lingerie resellers. There is an abundance of larger sizes, up to 46, in day wear. Sometimes in order to keep romance alive there has to be a little creativity and mystique.

Yeah, wear those cotton comfortable panties to your nursing job. But, darn, do get some sexy lingerie and day wear.

Again, with the diminishing role of women!!

We are not all nurses. Not all nurses are women. Yes, back in the EDWARDIAN period it was the only job outside the home (other than being a nun) which a woman could have, but it's demeaning and insulting to suggest that role is all we GGs do now. We are scientists, fire fighters, engineers, doctors, lawyers, and police... we are anything we want to be. When we are ready to put on special underwear for someone else in our lives, we're not doing it to 'hide imperfections.' Any dude or lady seeing MY nearly naked butt (*hypothetical, other than Crystal! ) only gets to do so with the understanding that we both already know I am incredibly sexy and it's the brief icing on the already awesome cake. By the time underwear gets into the equation, it's a done deal already.

Besides, if I'm going to put on 'special underwear' to try and entice Crystal to take it off, why would I spend a ridiculous amount of money on it if it's only going to be there a short time? Seems ridiculous. I'd rather spend that money on a nice outerwear outfit.

I think in the 1980's a lot of women stopped giving a damn what men at large thought of their panties. So why the hell would we come home after a long day of work, and feel we needed to 'slip into something more sexy' for your personal approval? If I'm changing after I come home from work, I'm more likely to slip into comfy yoga pants than scratchy panties from some dodgy source on Ebay which are older than I am!

Psssssh!

I always laugh at these sort of posts.
    Who says that plain bras aren't sexy? I could wear the most blandest underwear and still pull off an alluring look.

I realise your coming from a completely different view of what you personally feel is attractive and feminine but generally when it comes to being appealing we don't really need to jump through that many hoops. Clothes don't make the woman.

I know I'm adorable, and underwear no one but my boyfriend sees will make a blind bit of difference to that. As for my boyfriend? I know that he finds me cute in almost anything. Heck I could get his attention in nothing but a blanket and a baseball hat. The guy that only wanted me because I went out and bought expensive underwear for him to "unwrap" isn't the type of man I want. I'd rather spend the money I save on buying plainer underwear on movies and books we can both enjoy cuddled up. Underwear is not a big priority for most women. It's expensive and not always practical.

Anyway, consider this. You may think they are boring, but my very plain nude bra and panties work amazingly under thin fabric figure hugging clothing. If you wear lace underwear under things like that you end up with lumps. I'm all about the silhouette baby! I like to focus more on what people can see.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

All you need ( are far as men go) to be alluring... is to be breathing. I don't need lingerie to make me feel sexy, I feel sexy just being me. I am not so sure my husband likes me in lingerie because as soon as he sees me in it... he tries to take it off.
    As for the OP... How do you know what women are wearing under their clothes? x-ray vision?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

The point of the original post was the infrequency of the poster seeing lingerie being worn.
    Translation: the point of the OP was to be a nosey, kinda pervily-behaving busybody!
    Last edited by Babeba; 11-06-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I shouldn't call people pervs when it is their behaviour I take issue with, not them themselves. Sorry!

Joyous, another thread like this. "Why don't women spend every waking moment in lingerie/pantyhose/heels/corsets/PVC catsuits/etc? I wish I could spend each and every breath wearing them, so every woman should consider it a privilege and an obligation to wear such objectively wonderful garments. After all - they're made for them!"

Moments like this remind me of how disillusioned I was when I went to college, and thought life was going to be great once I met some GLBTQ folk. Finally I was going to be around some people who lived and let live! At long last, I was going to surround myself with people who weren't interested in fitting everyone else into their own little box. And of course, there were a few who fit the bill. But more often than not, they were just trying to stuff everyone into their own very different box.

So please forgive me if I fail to understand the logic of a group of people - who by all accounts are frustrated by other people telling them what they should or should not be wearing - telling others how they ought to dress.

You know, once upon a time, I too was frustrated that women didn't wear what I wanted. Over time, though... I realized that I could wear what I wanted. And more than anything, that might be the reason I dress. Kali looks the way I want her to. And, having that outlet in my life - I feel no real need to tell anyone else to wear what I like. Freed to pursue my own wants, I'm also freed from the frustration of trying to fit others into a mould that may not be right for them.

And the idea that women are supposed to be alluring? Can you imagine if a frustrated SO showed up here, wondering why her husband isn't happy to wear the nice, masculine Carhartts and flannel shirts that were designed for his body? Wanting to know why he couldn't just be masculine, like he ought to be?

Yeah, we all know how well THAT would go over...
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Projecting?

Having them wear what you'd like to wear, or wanting them wear it for you?

These type of threads usually get a reaction.

Lingerie is good to wear on.. HIS birthday, if I scatched HIS car, or when I've spent too much at the mall... This LBD cost 320.00, but look what I am wearing underneath!!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg