Thread: Meeting some great folks at trans* gatherings

Meeting some great folks at trans* gatherings

Earlier this month, I decided to get to know some trans* folks in the DC area. I have been pondering where I fit on the gender spectrum (i.e. Am I "only" a crossdresser or is this a symptom of something more?) for quite some time and I thought that it would be good to talk to others that also have wrestled with similar issues.

Through google fu, I found two gatherings in NoVA. They were quite a hike from MD, especially by metro, but I was glad I checked them out. Everyone that I met was kind and accepting, even as I attended in male mode. It was refreshing to be able to talk about dressing as a girl without being treated as some sort of leper.

My only regret is that I didn't have time afterwards to hang around and chat. Weekend track work nearly doubled my commute time, so I had to leave rather abruptly so that I could make all my connections. Hopefully, I can a car soon so I can be more social after the meetings. In any case, I'm looking forward to attending both meetings again next month, in proper dress.

Dr. 7

Good for you Doc,
    Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a pleasant journey all round.
    That metro can be a long trip sometimes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.