Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the "why are you shaved" conversation.....

the "why are you shaved" conversation.....

So I'm a single guy/CD. I'm curious to know what reason's others give for why they are shaved prior the "Hey I wear women's" clothes conversation pops up.

Honestly, it doesn't really come up. Most people don't notice, and if they do, they rarely ask about it. I think the one time I was asked about it, I shrugged and replied 'felt like doing it, so I did it.' Funny enough, in my line of work I wind up getting really close to people and have only had 2 comments about my grooming habits, those being 'I really love your manicure! You have fantastic nails!' (they were my natural nails, which I politely stated to my patient, much to her envy) and 'I never noticed how hairy your arms are before...' (from a patient after I had let all my arm hair grow back in).

Never has been an issue for me, I'm a knife collector and constantly sharpening my knives. And when I do this I am alwys checking them on my arm-hair and leg-hair so I keep it shaved off pretty much all the time. And always have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Not really an issue here, either... The one time it's come up was with someone I was involved with. She asked, and I just explained that it was something that an ex suggested I try, and that it turned out that I liked it - so I kept on. True story, on all accounts - I just neglected to include any reasons pertaining to pantyhose, LOL.

I spent this past summer shaved at all times, wearing shorts as any normal human being would. No-one said anything about it, or even gave any indication of noticing.

It's really just not that big of a deal.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Watch a movie some time. Young male actors have pit hair and that's it. (don't know about down below, it's not that kind of movie).

Banned Read only
    I have had my legs shaved for 2 years and not once has someone asked. There is no question it has been noticed, but frankly, no one cares, it just "is" to most people

After my heart attack, I have learned to keep those areas clear. I was in coma for nearly two weeks. All the lines in (such as groin for angioplasty, a central line, and a few more that i never really knew why) were held with heavy duty medical tape. Now add two weeks + worth of hair growth after they cleared the areas. It was excruciating when the had to peel and cut away the tape.... So in the effort to minimize growth I try to keep it shaved, naired, wax, whatever I can do to slow it down. Thats what I tell people... And yes people have noticed. I am Italian, Syrian, and Scotch, and that makes for some hairy situations.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

I agree that most people will never notice and those that do, most will not ask. However, it is always a good idea to have a few pat answers for those unwanted surprise questions. I like the one above, "I did it because I felt like it." However, that does not necessarily work for everyone, especially a close friend or family member. My daughter and my granddaughter have eagle eyes and quickly notice when something is different. I am just waiting for their questions when I least expect them. So, stock up on the reasons and excuses now so that you will hopefully remember a good one when asked by someone who will probably not accept, "... cause I felt like it."

I've shaved my legs for over 10 years, and nobody has noticed. Or if they have, they certainly haven't asked me about it!

If they did, I could just tell them that I'm a cyclist (I am)... but on the other hand, I don't think I need an 'excuse'. I shave my legs because I like to have no hair on my legs. The end.

Shaved legs and pierced ears are two of the biggest 'non issues' out there. Many people, until you shave or pierce, are afraid about some supposed reaction and having to explain yourself to somebody. From everything I've ever heard (and decades of my own experience) it just doesn't happen.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Former Member
    I have been shaved for years No one has ever asked. If someone did ask, my answer would be that I don't like to be furry

It came up in conversation this weekend with out of town relatives. The reason I gave (and is honestly a big part of why): Living in South Florida, it gets hot. Shaving makes by body cool off faster and I like the way it feels.

Anyone who has ever shaved anything knows what that feels like!

Plus, there is a study out there that suggests that women prefer hairless men over hairy men. Evolution is finally going our way!

http://news.yahoo.com/why-women-dont...135605900.html

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

My wife used to ask me to shave all the time. At the time I was resisting the crossdressing urge. So I told her, "It's not very manly." But the real reason is because it aroused me and would tempt me to crossdress. I never told her the second reason. But, now I've decided to embrace my fem personality. So, I shaved my torso and armpits because its getting colder and will probably always wear long sleeve shirts. But, I may be walking around in shorts. So, I haven't shaved my legs. Your posts have inspired me. I'm shaving everything tonight. Thanks ladies.

Anne
    Last edited by AnneB1nderful; 11-05-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneB1nderful View Post
    My wife used to ask me to shave all the time. At the time I was resisting the crossdressing urge. So I told her, "It's not very manly." But the real reason is because it aroused me and would tempt me to crossdress. I never told her the second reason. But, now I've decided to embrace my fem personality. So, I shaved my torso and armpits because its getting colder and will probably always wear long sleeve shirts. But, I may be walking around in shorts. So, I haven't shaved my legs. Your posts have inspired me. I'm shaving everything tonight. Thanks ladies.

Beth
    Yay Beth!

I hope you, like I, will never go back! The feeling of freshly shaved legs against the bed sheets rates up there with one of the best sensual feelings on earth. Seriously!

Meghan

~Turkish Proverb

Oh how embarrassing. Can't believe I signed my name Beth. Don't know where that came from (Think song, Beth, by KISS was playing in the background. Thanks for the encouragement Meghan.

Anne (not Beth)

Quote Originally Posted by AnneB1nderful View Post

Oh how embarrassing. Can't believe I signed my name Beth. Don't know where that came from (Think song, Beth, by KISS was playing in the background. Thanks for the encouragement Meghan.

Anne (not Beth)
    Anne, I totally understand! Sometimes, brainfarts just happen.

I like to use names in posts and that was the one that seemed most like what you wanted to be called..

In any event so glad that you are taking the plunge. Please let us know how it goes!

Meghan

(PS - don't forget to get the top of your feet and toes. It's easy to miss them).

~Turkish Proverb

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I am completely cleared, and wife initially told me that I could shave if it felt right. When she saw it, she felt sad, the old her man is not there syndrome. Funny thing is she cannot stand hair on my face. Used to sleep naked, now i use a nightshirt just to avoid her getting a bit down when she notices.

No one has noticed but her, but at my age, the hairs are gray and thinning, so not a lot there to notice anyway...lol

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Again, it's never been noticed by anyone not in the know and I have close interactions with hundreds of people a week.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Not long after I told my fiancee, I fetched my Venus Breeze back from storage and gave myself the complete treatment: legs, arms, underarms, and chest. It felt wonderful.

Truth be told, I seem to have less hair on my legs these days than I used to, so getting rid of it didn't make that much of a difference visually. And I never have had much hair on my chest. I thought people might notice the arms and hands, but so far they haven't. Even my fiancee hasn't really noticed until I mentioned it, and she sees me every day.

If anyone did notice, I'd just say it's to help my treatments for itching, which I do sometimes get, so that's even partly true.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Something witty.
    This is a good topic. I only ever used to shave on and off for dressing once in a blue moon, if the outfit required it. Since I have been going out more in dresses and skirts this summer, for a while I had to stay smooth for several months. My wife noticed the smooth feeling in bed the other night and liked it...as with everyone else here too, well, most of you at least, no one else commented at all. I even forgot they were not hairy any more and I prefer it this way now. Not sure I can be bothered to maintain it perfectly all the time, but I think I will make more of an effort now.

Funny thing, I had to have an EKG the other day at the docs and they put the little electrode stickies on my lower legs- sure made it a lot easier with no leg hair when they peeled them off. The nurse did not even blink an eye. She'd probably seen it all before. And at the end of the day, I think most people avoid direct personal questions these days. They may think it, but they're not as likely to say it. I live with my inlaws at the moment and they've seen me in shorts all summer - not a single comment

Meghan,

There have been a few times I almost signed my male name. Just so new with this. Yet, it feels so natural. But, when I really think about what I'm doing, it seems overwhelming and unbelievable.

Anyway. I'm clean shaven and smooth. However, had a few stragglers. It's really a good thing this body is not a hairy beast. Wow! My legs feel...feel...like a woman's legs.

Can't wait to put them in stockings. But, gotta go to sleep. Work in the morning.

Very nice chatting with you.

- Anne
    Last edited by AnneB1nderful; 11-06-2012 at 02:49 AM.

I shave my legs because hairy legs are icky! Besides that when wearing a skirt hairy legs don't go together!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My problem with shapely hairless legs (I don't have to shave them) is when I wear shorts some cheeky women say I bet you would look good in a bathing suit.
    The time I answered in the affirmative I found myself in a suit in five mins flat.
    Of course I was objecting to this treatment most vehemently.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Meghan,
    Add this to your list. My reasoning, other than the obvious, is I don't like the sour perspiration aroma that seems to hang on every hair on the body. I'm also from South Florida (WPB area). I've only used it once or twice, and women seem to understand this.

Bobbi

It's also never come up for me. If where though, I'd say: It keeps you cooler (truth). It feels cleaner (truth). I just hate body hair (truth).

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    My only bad experience with full (OK not totally) hair removal was with my wife. No one else has commented - not one.

My wife is dealing with the absence of hair but I doubt will ever be happy. It is just impossible to go out en femme with hairy arms, legs, etc. and the feeling of smooth skin is just the best.

I have promoted my epilator to my top draw so it is visible.