Thread: Transformations London

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Transformations London

After work today I went to transformations in London. A shop especially for crossdressers and transexuals. After building up some confidence I walked in and said hello. I then browsed for about a minute and left like a shot!

I am so annoyed with myself. I was in there and the people seemed very friendly. I could be going home with a wig and heels in my bag but no.

Next time I think I'll contact them first as I think having some kind of clearer purpose will make it easier.

Platinum Member
    Don't be too hard on yourself. We all carry a lot of invisible baggage with us - some of it the ingrained guilt and self loathing we've carried since realizing that we were "different". Getting the courage to enter that shop was just one step in ridding oneself of that baggage.

Work on it a step at a time. Keep reminding yourself that being a cross dresser is not a disease, not a mental disorder and its totally legal. And each time you feel a tinge of shame, counter that feeling with the thought that cross dressing is part of what makes you interesting and unique as a person. Next time, check into getting a make over. It can be very empowering to see your full potential realized for the first time.

personally nothing personal against transformations, but as they are catering for a niche market, they do seem to exploit that to some degree, there is nothing wrong with buying there but before you do, check the prices, they will charge around £30 for a blouse that you can get in new look for about a third of the price , you just need to have the confidence to go into a ladies shop and purchase items of clothing.
    Personally I use Evans as they are cater for the larger lady , you can also get shoes up to size 10uk off the shelf with no problems , I have always found the girls(staff) very helpful, they have never been judgmental , and I get on really well at my local store. I have often asked if I can try something on before purchasing , and they have always been very accommodating . highly recommended .
    Anyway good luck with your adventure.
    Love and hugs Sarah xxx

Your confidence left you for good reason, with a lot more cash in your purse/wallet. As Sarah says search the high street and save you'll get more for your money.
    Plenty of wig shops in London, why not google 'Doreen's Fashions' in east london, cheaper the the place you went to. Many high st stores have a very good tg policy and they need the money more than that store nr Euston station.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Your confidence left you for good reason, with a lot more cash in your purse/wallet. As Sarah says search the high street and save you'll get more for your money.
    Plenty of wig shops in London, why not google 'Doreen's Fashions' in east london, cheaper the the place you went to. Many high st stores have a very good tg policy and they need the money more than that store nr Euston station.
    Hi Lorri,

I bought my wigs at Doreen Fashions after a recommendation by Rachellegsep. I couldn't recommend it enough. I went drab with my wife, the ladies were excellent and they spent time with me too, ferreting around the stock for the style and colours I wanted.

I'm an avid Next and Wallis girl on the high street and as Sarah said, Evans for the wide and extra wide fit shoes. I've got big toes like telegraph poles and feet as wide as spades, so they're great for me.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Well, I'll bet your not the first gal who walked into the shop, and got cold feet. It probably happens around there about once a day! So, don't be ashamed nor bashful about going back. If you don't...they might just think you were shoplifting. I know you wouldn't want them to believe that you are that kind of person.

Go back in with a forthright smile on your face, be candid and let them know you are a bit nervous, and that's why you split so quickly; and.....I'll just bet they support and help you in any way they can. Some people I believe have complained about Transformations. Claimed the merchandise was shoddy, and they charged some outrageous prices. But, I'm not going to tar them with that brush until they prove so. For you, they might be just the right sort of place to start shopping.

Years ago I first started at just the same sort of shop in Chicago. Place called Rose Lee's. Rosy helped a very young and naive Joanie, and I hope they do the same for you. Once you break those bonds of fear, it feels like somebody just removed about a dozen concrete blocks that were sitting on your back. GOOD LUCK....next time!

Peace and Love, Joanie