Thread: My Day

My Day

Hi everyone,

Just rejoined the forum after a long absence, although ive been lurking for a while.

Ive been cding since my teens now almost fifty, never been out dressed until this halloween, when i decided to go along to a nearby support group.

Everyone was very welcoming and i was soon into my witches costume and making friends. Went out clubbing after to local gay area, had a great time and so ready to go again.

Im single share a house with my mother, she knows i CD, but its not talked about.

So back to topic- my day, had a new frock come today, a sparkly black body con dress, so as mum was out decided to try it on, one thing lead to another, so im in my room fully made up looking and feeling great, mums downstairs after coming back ages ago
    Tempted to go down and introduce her "daughter", just not sure how she would handle it, im sure there must be better ways to fully come out

What would you do ?

Thanks

Abigail

Hi Abigail!
    I would ask my Mum first, if it's okay to show her what I have on.
    I would be prepared to accept a "no", if she didn't want to.
    I would probably cover up my cloths with a bath-robe before presenting myself fully... at least that's what I did the first time with each of my gfs who have seen me dressed.
    She might be curious...
    All the best,
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

For me, it doesn't seem like the shock method would work too well. I'd find a more subtle way of bringing up the subject.

Now, it might have been easier to have shown up in front of her dressed last week when you had Halloween as an excuse. That might work OK. But you'll have to wait for next year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Lee View Post
    For me, it doesn't seem like the shock method would work too well. I'd find a more subtle way of bringing up the subject.

Now, it might have been easier to have shown up in front of her dressed last week when you had Halloween as an excuse. That might work OK. But you'll have to wait for next year now.
    Think you're right don't want to shock her, need to find some way of raising the subject then introduce her slowly to Abigail, maybe ask if she wants to see my halloween costume ?

Abigail

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Yeah, Abigail, I don't think you ought to just walk in on your mother like that. I think my mother might have heart failure if I pulled that on her! If I ever did appear in front of my mother as "her daughter Amy," I would tell her first, explain everything to her, and make sure she would be OK seeing me like that first. It's one of those "what has been seen, cannot be un-seen" kind of moments.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Platinum Member
    First just have a conversation with her, based on the unspoken fact that you are a CDr and presume that she know. Then start talking about how you feel and how she feels about the subject and how it relates to your life. Gauge her response and give her some,time,to think about things, before asking if it's OK to dress around her.

I agree the shock approach may be a shocking mistake! Talk is the best methed to handle this!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: