Thread: Hot or Not: Thoughts to Ponder

Hot or Not: Thoughts to Ponder

Recently Wendy me posted a thread regarding her return to Hot or Not.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18050
    http://www.hotornot.com/

While I visited the place to give her a vote, I never got into ranking babes. Over the last 24 or so hours I've probably given a thousand votes. It's really easy. Additionally I posted two pictures. Given the transient nature of Hot or Not, I figure I can give some equally transient comments on my experience.

For what it's worth, 500+ votes got me a 4.2 for this pic:

http://crossdressers.com/forums/atta...4&d=1128886244

while this pic got a 5.4 for 700+ votes:

http://crossdressers.com/forums/atta...8&d=1128886102

I purposely did NOT post the Hot or Not link for my picture here in the forums as I wanted to see how I ranked as a babe to the semi-real world. I reported my age as 48, and ranked only women in the 40+ category.

Now for some observations.

I'M SO HOT

7 guys thought I was hot, and wanted to communicate with me. Here's the profile from one of them:

Let me tell you something, I am not cool. I once hired a hobo to beat up one of my friends for 4 dollars. I like oysters and cheese sandwiches and trashing apartment rooms. I take pictures of random things. I grow half-mustaches with one sideburn.
    There are no words.

CDs ON HOT OR NOT

It gets pretty easy to tell the CDs from the real women. Those that have profiles often reveal their orientation. Others do not, though in some cases it's clear these are guys. I saw our mand over there, and she had a very nice and well deserved high ranking. ^_^

SOME PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A S&*$ HOW THEY LOOK

I don't care about age or size. There are some beautiful older women over there, and some full-figure babes. There are also some dumpy women all over the size and age range.

Ya know, the site *is* Hot or Not. If you're going to post a picture there, you might want to pick one where someone is going to look at you and react positively from the lower part of the brain. Translated: If you don't think someone's going to want to jump on your bones from your pic, don't post it. Choose something where you look tasty, not vulgar.

MY VIEW OF HOT VERSUS EVERYONE ELSE'S

In most cases when I rated someone it was invariably lower than the current overall rating for the person. It takes alot for me to give someone a 10, though I gave a few. I gave some low ones too.

MY PERSONAL RANKING IS THEREFORE PROBABLY AROUND 3.5

If the visitors to Hot or Not are giving higher ratings than me, that would say I'd probably give myself around a 3.5 if I could objectively see myself. That's okay I guess, though the ones to which I gave low scores were generally in the vulgar range. (There's a difference between revealing and baring.) I'm pleased that overall to that group I look to be on the lower side of average. Not bad for a guy I guess.

HOT OR NOT IS ADDICTIVE

At least for the short term, I find it addictive and compelling to rate women. Boredom hasn't yet hit, but it is approaching. It's fun to see and admire beautiful women.

Okay, go at it. That's it for me for now.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Hi Stephanie ~

Quote:
    Let me tell you something, I am not cool. I once hired a hobo to beat up one of my friends for 4 dollars. I like oysters and cheese sandwiches and trashing apartment rooms. I take pictures of random things. I grow half-mustaches with one sideburn.

Some girls have all the luck, now theres my kind of guy !! JUST KIDDING

Thanks for posting the how to's of Hot or Not. I'm sure the info will be a big help to those putting up a picture. I think I'll hold off for awhile though before I put my mug on there.

Hugs ~ Kim

Thanks for the information on Hot or Not. In my case it over the hill. I really got a big laugh out of the cool dude or is it dud. Oyster and cheese sandwiches, maybe on moldy bread.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brooks

. I saw our mand over there, and she had a very nice and well deserved high ranking. ^_^

Hello Stephanie, Thankyou love

It's the dating sites that really do me ..................well just the one now anyway I shut all the others down.
    The messages I get just make me smile, I had one once from a young lad who claimed his father was still considered a King in certain parts of Ghana and he wanted me to go and marry him...............Hey I could have been a Princess

I just had one from a young man claiming to be a Masiahi (however it's spelt ???) warrior, who told me how he killed a lion that was attacking him, whilst being armed with just his sword......he wanted to marry me as well.

Oh and then there was the Russian guy who once saved the world..............I was really immpressed with that one . You see when Chernobly (whatever???) blew up, he single handedly saved the world from destruction..........................oh yes, he wanted to marry me as well.

Ah well never a dull day on the internet .................love mand xxx

Platinum Member
    girlfreind your a 10 in my eye any day... thanks for this thread cool..............

Hi Stephanie,

I have posted a few pics on Hot Or Not over the last few months and have plugged them on here and the best rating I got was 5.7. A few weeks ago I posted another pic, didn't plug it on any site and sat back and waited to see my score. Just checked it this morning and I am rated 7.3 (Hotter than 67% of women and rated The Best of Hot Or Not by 2 people).

Strangely my favourite pic that I posted is only rated 4.

Gemma xx

Thank you everyone! It was a fun experience.

Kim, yeah at least in my case I need kind of a chain mail and asbestos brassiere. It's just a little bit intimidating.

Billijo49504, over the hill? You'd be amazed at what a nice hairstyle, a little makeup, an appropriate outfit, and a smile from within (along with a slight "come hither" look) can do to transcend age (and size, for that matter).

Mand, takes all kinds, doesn't it?! Amazing.

Wendy, you're a 10 in mine too!!!!!

Gemma, that's kinda how I was. The first pic was the one I thought was better, and it got a lower rating. Oh well.
    Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Interesting post! I enjoyed your insights (and your hilarious asides).

A while back Angel posted a pic on Hot or Not, and while we were messing around on the site, my fingers must have slipped on the keyboard or something (uh-huh) and I found myself rating guys. Lots of guys. You're right, it's addictive: "Bet you can't rate just one!"

I think I learned more about myself from the experience than I learned about other people. I realized (not for the first time) that I am really not attracted to manly men. Most of the guys on the site seemed to have an arrogant, swaggering, macho look about them that I just can't stand. I found myself giving a lot of 1's and 2's. I did give a some 9's.....all to nerdy, bookish intellectual types. Needless to say my scores were sadly out of sync with the majority. Can I help it if I think Clark Kent is sexier than Superman? Of course, Clark Kent in a skirt would be even better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Quote Originally Posted by Marla GG
    I did give a some 9's.....all to nerdy, bookish intellectual types.
    That's kinda what I did with the women. Give me a nerdish looking female wearing glasses, and I'm melting. Ahhh...

Thanks Marla!!!!
    Stephanie