Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE sacrifice for a SO?

Banned Read only

The ULTIMATE sacrifice for a SO?

What if, THEY are aware of/approve of/participate in your CDing...

And like the female side of you better than your male side. The reason/s do not matter.

What IF they asked you to transition fully AND money was not a problem.

Would you? OR would you be unwilling to give up your male side completely because of some of the advantages it offers?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Probably would if I loved them enough.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If she liked it and wanted it all the time because she preferred me that way? .. well sure I'd give up my male side .. but the issue would not be my giving up my male side, the issue (for me anyway) would be transitioning at work. I think that would be a hard thing to do ... but anyway, in the unlikely event this scenario would happen (to me), I'd still do it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I´ve been going though the question about transition in my head, not just if someone likes me better either way, but for me. Money is not a problem, as our healtcare system will do the transition practically free (well it costs a bit of own money, but very little), just as long as you are diagnosed transsexual.

On my own part, even if someone would like me better as a woman and even if I would get the diagnose and everything would show greenlight for transition...I don´t think I would do go through it.

I´m not sure completely sure which of the "me" is the real me, or both or neither. To keep myself alive, I had to build my another psyche and "me" from scratch. The feminine and masculine are now tangled together and to do transitioning, would mean destroying either one. I don´t know if I can take it anymore, last time was hard enough to build another me.

So sadly, not possible for me anymore no matter what.

Fifteen twenty years ago admitting to myself and to others who I am...yes.

I'd give up my male side in a heart beat! Where do I sign up at!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Although I realise this is a fantasy thread, I'd like to inject a little bit of realism anyway.

For those of you who would do it in a trice, are you prepared to have your opinions ignored because you are no longer seen as a man? To have catcalls and lewd comments as you walk down the street? To face the daily threat of violence because (as one former member here put it) you are seen as a "pig with lipstick"? To have work colleagues file false complaints about you to your boss?

These are just a few of the incidental costs of transition which is why most TS say "don't do it unless you have to"...
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I should hope that no CDer would transition just because a SO wants them to. He would not be happy in the long run. If she is TS, however, then the situation would be ideal.
    Reine

I would ask why and if they are gay. Same questions they ask us.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have struggled for a long time to be me which is somewhere far right of the male end of the spectrum. If I tried to live as a women just for my wife I would not be living as myself as I am a bit left of the female side of the spectrum. I could not go back to trying to live as someone I am not.

I also would do anything for my wife.

I'd also do anything for my wife..... except that! I'm not changing who I am for anyone but myself......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Nope, Wouldn't do that, I am pretty much happy in where I am with my dressing and lack of gender confusion. I am just a guy that like to wear pretty womens clothes, Not Gay, Not a girl i a boys body. Just a straight up guy in a dress.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Transitioning is a very personal call, one that only I could make and live with.

I would transition if we BOTH wanted it and in retrospect, earlier in life.
    To do it now would make a man with stringy hair who can pass better by dressing instead, these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

she would never ask that.we like things just the way they are.

Well, my wife's disapproval is not the primary reason I've rejected transition as the path I will follow. But there are many other considerations when making such a decision. So that renders this question to the realm of ridiculous fantasy.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Is that what Meat Loaf meant when he sang "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)"?

Thats what I did. OK it was a mutual decision. Per my wife, I was a wonderful husband but lacked a lot of "bedroom" and communication skills that when I cross-dressed and became Jennifer were not missing. Hence, and at her encouragement, I spent every hour that wasn't with family or at work as Jennifer. Very long story short, for my 21st birthday and again on our anniversary she talked to our Dr about me taking hormones to help put some shape on my stick of a figure. He said no the rec use but about a month later came back to us with a med study for Asthmatics and estrogen/hormones. I guess the idea back then was it was thought that fewer women had asthma than men so the study was to add estrogen to a "normal" male to see what happened...only I wasn't normal. After 6 months of being on the study, my "development" was thought to be a bit more advanced than anticipated. It seems the kidney med I had been on since I was 14 was found to also in some cases act as a T-blocker...such as mine. As I said, long story short...got outed at work, got protected at work and lived full time for almost 5 years before transitioning back...also because she asked me to

Jenn

Turn the question around. Would you remain only masculine if your SO begged you? See, it works both ways. For me, I don't think I could express myself only as one gender. I would try, but I don't think it would work out.

Gigi
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Yes i have though about this and think of it just about it aver day. I think if my wife was gone and i had the money i would live full time. now if my wife started asking me to were more cindy stuff i would and as time gos u would were it more and more intell that was all u wore enty way. I had to stop for mo but only made it 3 weeks and one was hard to keep it going. But as soon as I start it is aver day i can most monday th fr no sat/sun but to day i am in guy mode water line broke dam i hate being an guy some time / all the time lol lv cindy so yes i would she is my one and only friend and then look what we could go do

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    This sounds too much like the comment, " all CD'ers are really TS, they just don't know it yet". Well, if you really are TS, which is ok, then the answer is obvious, but if the are just a guy who dresses with "style" then it is different. I dress with "style" darling, I still enjoy watching football games, but so does my daughter. Being a CD'er is like walking a tightrope, you get to see both sides of the world, just don't fall. I guess I like the tightrope experience, and the thrill of it all.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    ...unwilling to give up your male side..
    I like Gigi's response (post #19).

Some of us are males that like to dress up. I would be as unable (not just unwilling) to give up my male side as others would be to give their feminine side.
    The question seems to assume that we simply choose our gender identity.

MY GF is now well aware of my dressing and is all those things that you mentioned but There is no way she would ask me to transition and if she did, I would say no. I love her very much and look forward to our future together but I am a CD, not a TS, and this is as far as it goes for me. I truly and honestly have no desire to lose my male half as I enjoy being myself no matter how I present at the time.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

It would not be a sacrifice for me. She would not ask...but if she did....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Is that what Meat Loaf meant when he sang "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)"?
    Very good Leslie, .....made me smile! Especially when considering it's the Meat Loaf you'd be losing.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk