Thread: I Got Nailed

I Got Nailed

Looks like I've painted myself into a corner! With nail polish!

As most on here know, I live en femme about 70-80% of the time. The exceptions are mostly when my spouse wants it that way, usually when we're going to be with people from her work/profession, when I engage in some guy hobbies where "he" is known, or when I'm being curteous to some of my friends who prefer "his" company.

My nails, although long, are usually done as natural looking pink and whites:

But this week my manicurist was encouraging me to go for color. I flipped through my calendar and noticed no real "him" events so I went for my favorite, purple magnetic:

Spent pretty much all of the week en femme at different events and with my women's social group, got lots of compliments on my nails, and had a great time.

Tomorrow evening we're going to a venue where "he" is generally known but a whole bunch of my GG group have suddenly decided to go, and a couple of "his" friends might be there as well! Yep, when worlds collide! And I'm literally painted into a corner.

So both because of my nails, and because my GG friends expect me, I've let "his" friends (who know about me anyway) know that I will be there, not "him." And for others, well, it looks like the cat is about to rip its way out of that particular bag!

Believe me, it was a whole lot easier than getting an "emergency" appointment with my manicurist!

Anyone else ever painted themselves into a corner?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 11-16-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Not that bad anyway. But sounds like a lot of fun. Be sure and tell us all about it will you.

Been there a few times years ago! Nowdays I paint and don't worry about it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sounds alright, if I understood things correctly when you said that you let "his" friends (who know about me anyway) know that I will be there, not "him." At least your male friends knew you were coming out as Persephone and the GG's knew you were Persephone, as well. I'll bet you had a great time being 'you'. I certainly hope you did. Thanks for sharing.
    Di

So...Did they like Barbara's nails? Did the boys like Barbara? Any of them ask what goes on in the ladies room...why things always take so long in there? lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I can't say that I have, but I do have to say ...you have beautiful hands and the nails are gorgeous! (I love purple anyways!)

Does the new, "magnetic", color glow in the dark, too?

I love your nails!!! I've wanted to get some acrylics for some time, but I'm too chicken...

That purple is absolutely Beautiful!

I would have had to make the sacrafice and the nails would have gone till next time.
    Good for you though and it is a breakthrough I have not taken yet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gorgeous nails, absolutely gorgeous!!!

As for colliding worlds, that's why I need my elephant to behave herself.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Does that polish require a special remover? I always have some polish remover around somewhere, and can easily get more at any of the overnight drug stores.

wow love the nails especially the purple

Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement! Now I have to figure out what to wear tonight! Chilly and likely to be raining here in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Does that polish require a special remover? I always have some polish remover around somewhere, and can easily get more at any of the overnight drug stores.
    No special remover and yes, I have some. But I also have a GG event for about 20 women that I'm chairing on Sunday and naked acrylics or poorly done replacement polish isn't what would inspire my confidence. If "his" friends had said they were definitely coming I would have probably bitten that bullet, but if they can't make up their minds until "too late" then I might as well have a good time with my GG friends.

Part of the purpose of my post is to suggest, as Veronic Moonlit did some time ago, that attempting to straddle two worlds by living two lives in the same community at the same time can sometimes be a bit problematic.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    Not quite so literally. I applaud your ability to present the real you, instead of retreating behind the facade of maleness!

No never be painted into a corner

Wow your nails look great

Wow, what beautiful nails! My own nails are kept pretty long but I don't use polish very often, only special occasions. But then I find that I am doing it more and more often lately.

A question was asked: What one thing makes you feel complete when dressing as a woman?" I named several I cheated. Since that time I have been cut on my girl time and the time I do have I pass the nail polish because of the time to put on then to have to take it back off the same night (what a waste). I have come to realize I do not feel complete without the nail polish. By the way, beautiful nails! Love the purple.

Well the purple certainly stand out, but I think the pink and white nails are also very feminine looking and a dead giveaway and most GG’s would be extremely envious of those nails..
    Babs