Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lady & the Tramp

I tend to dress and emulate the females I see in daily encounters. I never had any desire to be flambouyant or the least bit provocative. Almost always the lady, almost never the tramp.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm the opposite; I started age appropriate dressing when I was 6. As I got into my twenties, I started wearing clothes that were age appropriate, but kept going back to teen attire. When I was married, and we went to a therapist, she suggested I try wearing women's clothes more appropriate for my age as one way to get my wife to go along with my crossdressing, which, when I was dressed as a teenager (I was 40) simply looked more perverted than simply transgendered. Tried it. Didn't feel right, it was just as uncomfortable as dressing as a guy. It took years to figure out why, but that didn't change how I felt after I knew the reasons (modern mental health gives us the impression that once we work through all our past problems, everything will become 'just fine' and we'll be normal. NOPE; doesn't work that way, all it does is help us deal with it, doesn't fix it). So now I'm in my 50's, still dressed like I'm a 14 year old girl. But it feels right.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    .........I dress to pass with age and venue appropriate outfits. It has worked well for me.
    This pretty much defines me too!
    3" heels are the highest I possess and I like knee length skirts / dresses.
    I like for my bra to show through a bit now and then but that really is my limit.

Rebeca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member
    I started out dressing in typical teen clothes from the late 50s early 60s. By the time I was out on my own at 17/18 I dressed as a sophisticated young lady from the south. My skirts and dresses were the proper length and tops were too. I didn't wear pants because girls I knew didn't either. Wouldn't be caught without proper bra, panty, hose and often panty girdle. I had several sets of matching lingerie.

Don't get me wrong! I was as sexy as any of the girls I dated. But a proper image was important. You wanted certain things to show but only so much. The clothes I wear today are what women wear in my neighborhood. Granted much more casual than what I started with. As I look back I was probably more conservative than most. I did bye a red fringe dress like the one worn by the dancer in one of the beach movies with Annette. Wore it to on a date to a dance so I could twist and see the fringe swing. Not the brightest thing, because I stood out and became worried I was going to get outed.

We are as diverse as the female population. Any suggestion otherwise is BS.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 11-17-2012 at 09:00 PM.

I have always dressed as the woman I would have been if I were born a woman....

Me, I always desired to dress the way the average woman would dress. Always dressed to fit in even in the early days, even when still in the closet. But I now understand that I'm TS (& now working towards transition) so the CD'ers mileage may vary.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Banned Read only
    In the beginning, I wore what my mom and sister were wearing. As I started to get more into it, I wore mostly my sister's clothes. She dressed in the same manner as girls in school did, which was pretty revealing and sexy. To this day, I prefer sexy and revealing clothing, unless I'm going out for an extended period of time. Then, I dress more low key. But at home or when I am not around a lot of people, I still wear clothes a girl half my age would likely wear. It still gives me a thrill when a guy whistles or wolf calls when they see me. In fact, I just changed out of my cocktail dress and put on a small pair of cutoffs, a sports bra, and platform heels. Only a stripper or working girl would dress like I am now. It feels great!

I'm still a bimbo, but try to dress classy. I really don't want to look my age

Last edited by MssHyde; 11-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

I've never worn anything in public that is really provocative. I do have a few things a bit more daring but have never really worn them much. I don't think I have anything truly skanky. In my case, I think it was a matter of learning...starting as a "teenager" and maturing in style and taste as I learned more.

I have a girl friend at work though, that likes to be pretty daring when she goes out. She is 30, is a single mother, and dresses down at work. But when she goes out, it's always daring. This is what she calls dressing "girly". As a matter of fact, she just texted me tonight looking for something "bright or flourescent" and I had to let her know I really didn't have much in that style.

-stephani

I remember dressing as a teen with the mini skirt and such! I don't recall doing the ''trampy'' look though! I've always tried to dress my age! I think it might be fun to dress trampy now that I'm older; but I wouldn't leave the house that way!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I guess I'll have to say tramp. I enjoy dressing sexy and showing off. Cleavage, legs, abs and butt. I like the feeling. I'll let you girls know what happens over the next 20 years as I approach 50.
    Hugs
    Stephanie

Since I started out in the fifty's and wore my sisters clothes, then mom's stuff, dressed in the same styles as my first and second wifes, wither it was there clothes or things they helped me buy for myself, I never got the chance to be trashy.
    Dressing in the late sixty's and early eighties I did get my share of wearing mini skirts, but it was the style, and not any different than most girls my age where wearing.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have never done the tramp style....never. I liek the professional business woman look or the casual woman look.

Now that I am going out a bit more with other sister's, many of them like to go to clubs where the expected look IS rather trampish, and I have a hard time going with them many times, as I do not have anything in my closet that even comes close to tramp......nor do I want to buy anything like that either. I just usually go with them wearing one of 5-6 LBD's I own, and leave it at that. I am however seriously thinking of getting my "tramp stamp" as a gift to myself when I retire.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine