Thread: Closet Cleaning

Closet Cleaning

When you ladies are cleaning out your closets, please remember that there are lots of ladies (GG's) who may have been out of work for a while and may/would like to have your older clothes. There are lots of places that take clothing donations (like Koinonia, Goodwill, Salvaton Army) and some will even come to your home and pick up (like Purple Heart, AmVets,). I don't know about in the UK but there must be same there too. Thanks to all , Steph.
    Stephanie

When I clean my closet out I rearrange most of it and probably lose only ten percent each time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I live in the UK and try to always drop off older things that are still in good shape or things i ended up not wearing too much to local Goodwill equivalent charity shops here.I find that there is distinct increase in their numbers in my area at this time.Local businesses are closing and charity shops are moving in.Although the more favourable business rates i think they receive helps.We have 7 on our small main street alone now; almost as many as local coffee shops and hairdressers now.Don't have much else here really lol.
    Can profit from just great bargains if i travel into London around Chelsea and Kensington too.People giving designer labelled items and such.

Stephne, That is a very good idea and one that should be considered before trashing either gender clothing. I did that with a pile of mine and my late wife's clothes several years ago. After I gave several of the business outfits to a friend that really needed them for her new job. I made me feel good to see something good come from my loses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

As the holiday season approaches remember its always good to give then recieve.
    Renee

That's standard operating procedure around our house ..... all year long... personally I'm more into random acts of kindness... paying for the meal for the car behind me in the drive thru... giving the salvation army pot attendant a $100 gift card.... life's been good to me so I'm paying it forward
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-17-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    When I update all the entires outfits go to the clothing donation near our home.

Totally agree with this rule: if you haven't worn something in over a year, give it away...of course that wouldn't apply to a special occasion dress or accessories, but otherwise make way for something new. Look at it this way: your clothes were designed to be worn by women, now maybe they'll get their chance I rolled a huge suitcase up to Goodwill last month, it'll be fun to go back and see them hanging up and waiting to be worn again!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]My closets are always in a state of improvement. I rarely wear stuff out, just donate the old and hang up the new.[/SIZE]

Yes,and it is called recycling and I do it whenever I can get the courage to actually downsize my ever growing wardrobe, male and female.

The Salvation Army usually gets my, mainly male. clothing. The female stuff I hang on it until they can't be warn. In my purging days too much was just thrown in the garbage can.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Oh you bet...everytime I go through a size purge (like that is never going to fit me ... or that's too darn loose) and even a fashion purge ( I'm never going to find a party where I can wear that)... it's off to the thrift store donation door.

Then it's off to the front door to see what other ladies had donated.....

Renne......

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That's standard operating procedure around our house ..... all year long... personally I'm more into random acts of kindness... paying for the meal for the car behind me in the drive thru... giving the salvation army pot attendant a $100 gift card.... life's been good to me so I'm paying it forward
    I like your thinking!

I have just gone through my wardrobe and tried on everything...anything that doesn't fit, or doesn't fit my style anymore, goes into the pile of stuff to take to goodwill (just down the street). It happens to be the first store I ever went into en femme on my own (had gone shopping with a gg before), it was liberating and I have fond memories of the place, so they get the old clothes (most of which are barely worn as is the case with many of us I would imagine).

I've always donated my old clothes to differant groups that help the needy and will continue doing so!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

As far as the Goodwill Store goes, my donated stuff will go into the back door and my new shopping things will come out the front door.

I have just started volunteering at a church outreach place for local people in need of food and clothes. I was just thinking about a GOOD purging of my things(male,female,etc.) that are just sitting around taking of space.
    Cary

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    When you ladies are cleaning out your closets, please remember that there are lots of ladies (GG's) who may have been out of work for a while and may/would like to have your older clothes. There are lots of places that take clothing donations (like Koinonia, Goodwill, Salvaton Army) and some will even come to your home and pick up (like Purple Heart, AmVets,). I don't know about in the UK but there must be same there too. Thanks to all , Steph.
    Ty, great note, Steph.

We just cleared out a bunch of clothes, including a lot of drab stuff, that simply doesn't fit us anymore after losing weight (my wife and I are down almost a combined 60 pounds in 6 months). We made two pretty big runs to the Goodwill.

Even better, we scored some pretty nice finds including a really cool bubble skirt in my size! So, I would add as you're dropping off, look around, maybe you can score some cool clothes at a discount price and help out at the same time...

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb