Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The great purge :(

The great purge :(

Hello Ladies,

I was just thinking how horrible the whole idea of purging is, if some don't know what purging means, it's basically getting rid of all your girlie stuff. Anyways I had a complete purge years ago, and I even stopped dressing for many years, but now that I am getting back into it, I can't believe how much stuff I did get rid of and how I miss them now. I had two large size suitcases full of stuff (and that was just my shoes, just kidding I had some great wigs, breast forms, many great outfits, etc. I was able to give some stuff to another tgirl, which I was happy to know they wouldn't be going to waste, but it's still very sad to look back and think of my purge. I also deleted all my photos and my website back then.

Anyways I don't want to sound like a downer, things are good, and rebuilding everything is fun, but I was wondering about some of you ladies, and your experiences or thoughts on purging?

Cheers,
    Erika

Platinum Member
    Nothing so severe. I had one long hiatus from dressing lasting several years, but at the time I was only underdressing so I didn't have much to lose. Glad you've rebounded from whatever was going on in you or life at the time of the great purge!

My father purged for me when I was 16.
    My wife purged for me about fifteen years ago.
    I lost a lot of quite nice irreplaceable stuff.
    The saddest loss was a skin tight full length black dress with shoestring straps and a tulle fringe around the bottom.
    A great costume dress that fitted like a glove.
    All I can say to any one
    WARNING! WARNING!
    DON'T PURGE YOUR CLOTHING!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Purging is great! As long as your purging your male attire.

i agree, do not purge! ive purged many times.....1) when i went off to college in 92. 2)when i moved in w/ my g/f in 2000, 3) in 2002 when i got another g/f 4) and just recently in 2011 when the 1st g/f and i got back together and married. Course now she knows.. and i dress all the time.....no more purging for me

melissa73

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I purged a couple of times while still married. The thing is that actually I had so little, that when I got serious about dressing everything was a vast improvement over my poor, pathetic, en femme wardrobe of old. I don't miss any of that stuff at all. Now I laugh about it![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Purging is great! As long as your purging your male attire.
    Ditto. That's what I'm currently considering doing. Hate the stuff. Never want to wear it again. The last few times I got into it I found it humiliating.

I guess most of us have been there. There are things I really miss, but I haven't purged now for a long time and won't ever again. There is something good about 'being reborn' but the reality is it is a big waste of money!

I have recently thrown some stuff out... but that wasn't purging... it was just a case of... I don't want this anymore! xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I'd recommend that you pack all your stuff up and put it in your deepest closet or attic or basement. You will be back and you'll miss the good stuff that you had.

Same here, purged and rebuilt a few times.... Now a days, my purging is for weight loss and regular ol "I'm never going to wear that" type of purges.... The "closet" now fills four suit cases, and 10 bins.... Should have a real place to hang up the clothes properly soon....

Renne.....

not much time to dress, late 80's got rid of some clothes mid 90's got back into it and throw everything away. In 2011 decided to get back, keeping undergarments and shapers hopefully buy more things no purging.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I stopped dressing mid 2008 after my second wife left me for a real man. Shocked me into realising the impact of dressing on relationships. At the time I stored all my stuff rather than purged.

Moving forward to June 2012 the urge to dress again came back stronger than ever but I knew that my third wife would not be accepting. So I took most of my clothes to the charity recycling bins. Thankfully I didn't take my expensive body shaping things and some favourite clothes. Not long after the urge to dress became too strong to the point where my wardrobe is now bigger than it was.

I won't purge again ... or at least that's what I have decided now. There are time though ....

Michelle
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 11-18-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Purge? Purge? Perish the thought.

I've been an under dresser for years, got one job in IT whilst wearing a lovely pair of burgundy knickers that my wife owned . Just been adding madly to my wardrobe today, two loose-fitting, top-fastening cardigans, couple of rolls neck tops to go under them and some casual kit for lounging around in.

Pink fog? Oh yes, and loving every minute!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I did it (purged) two times in the past. I have a really big wardrobe and both times caught myself before it was all gone, but did lose some nice stuff. I would've felt a bit better if I gave it to charity rather then just throw it out. I also got rid of a lot of photos, digital and prints that I can never get back.

IMO purging has caused many of us heart ache. By purging we have thown away a part of us. In my case a fantastic part of my life.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by erika_kerrie View Post
    <snip> your experiences or thoughts on purging
    Been there, done that, never again. Total waste of time and money, not to mention my sanity.Once after a purge I was snowed in, nowhere to go, everything was closed because of the storm, cable was out. I was going out of my mind, wanting to dress, nothing available, not even a pair of panties, I had trashed everything. wound up getting very drunk instead to stop the feeling like I was trying to crawl out of my own skin. Won't make that mistake again; I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a crossdresser. .
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Purging because you want to quit is not going to work.

On the other hand!!! My daughters and several of their friends are big time purgers. If they havent worn it in the last 6 months out it goes. I sometimes get the assignment to take it to the donation center. Yes, I've found a piece or two that made it to my closet.

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    IMO purging has caused many of us heart ache. By purging we have thown away a part of us. In my case a fantastic part of my life.
    Amen to throwing a part of you away...great insight!

Purging...ugh.
    I had to several times when I was young living at home. My mom was so funny about it. She would say "I'll try and not keep anything around for you to be tempted by" LOL. Having 1 conversation with my dad awkward! When I lived with my grand patents my grand father made me purge, horrible experince. I think he even wrote about it in his journal, ugh. It was funny my grand mother didn't care she would even was and fold my panties. I'd come home and they be waiting to be put away. My grand father however not so accepting. Once on my own buy and purge cycle several times. Once on my own, another time when a girl I was dating asked me to, another time on my own before I moved, another time before married the first time, another time while married, another time before we moved again and once we divorced I didn't purge for a long time. The last time I purged was 1999 I think. After that I realized what a waste of money it was and that it never helped. I had SO many pretty things over the years.

Anyway the only thing worth purging in life is negative thoughts, actions or things that drag a person down. After that...it's not worth it.

Been there, done that and won't ever make that mistake again. I need pretty things in my life. I'll admit I'm a bit cheep I would cry to think of all that time and money going to waste. It's the only frugal thing to do to keep them all.

AnitaH

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

My worse purge was by my ex wife a few years ago! Just another reason she's my ex!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My last purge was in 2000.....then in 2009, I became a girl, and I liked it.

All true.

Now, I have a guys wardrobe and a girls wardrobe, the latter being bigger.

The denial is over. I am a guy. I am a girl. ........I am happy.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 11-18-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Should, coulda, woulda....
    So many things I tossed that I would love to have now (and fit into ...LOL)....gave all that up 8 years ago and now I have a wardrobe I never dreamed I would have. My biggest regret now is that I don't have the time to wear everything I have...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Purging is a sad thing. When you decide to do it, it is usually out of frustration or because of nerves. It is worse down the road when the feeling comes back and you look in your closet or in your favorite stash and realize its all gone. So many nice outfits. The things that took so long to find, all the outfits that fit just right. If you get the urge to purge my suggestion is find a spot in the attic or someplace, box it up and let it rest. That way when you need it again it will be ready and waiting for you. Like one other member said if you want to purge then get rid of the guy cloths.

Yes I think everyone here has purged at least once. Myself probably 3 or 4 times. So items I really liked and never could find the same replacement. So if the URGE TO PURGE feeling attacks you get some boxes and put it away don't dispose of it for real.