Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too tall to go out?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    With 3" heels, I hit 6' 1" so beginning to get a complex about being too short. I can understand your anxiety, we feel exposed as it is, but as many here testify, they are out and about at well over 6'.

I think the idea of a group meet and outing is a good suggestion, but that's easy for stumpy here to say

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Regarding heels, at 6'2" I tend to wear flats in mainstream situations. Very few 6'+ GGs wear heels to the mall! I like to be comfortable so sandals and ballet flats work in the summer and nice warm boots go for the winter.

OTOH, when going out with a group of CDers I enjoy rocking the heels. Get that many of us together in a restaurant and we *are* the show, so why not give 'em a good one?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am 6ft 4 in stocking feet, I am quite slim and getting slimmer so when I go out I hopefully will look like stall skinny bird. I see very short dumpy girls and think, I bet they wish they were taller. I have seen tall girls in the shop where I work, and always ask there height, and pay them a complement by saying how good they look. Most of the tall girls I see are over 6ft. Girls seem to be getting taller, and that makes me feel better.

I am 6' 2" and am now full time 95% of the time and I wear heels all the time as my outfits dicate. So add 4" heels and well the air is thinner up here lol, Just command the moment and enjoy yourself, you only live once. Ijust live by this motto "If you don't mind it don't matter" an nobody will call the fashion police.

i see many a lady walking about topping the 6ft 5in line,(flat footed). and with heels on making them taller.

not what you are dressed as, but how you feel and present your self.

loni

I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'3"... being that I am taller I get to see futher back on the shelves. Works out great when we both are wating the same fingernail polish and the only one is way in the back!
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    To the average-height population anything over 6' is simply "tall." Whether you are my height (a mere 6'2") or a bit taller makes little difference.

The people who will notice you are the tall GGs. In public when I approach a GG near my own height our eyes automatically go to the other's feet to check the shoes we are wearing. Then the eyes come back up, meet, and we smile at each other. That's all there is to it!

So, tall girls are noticed, but it isn't such a bad thing. They'll think "what a tall woman," but the key word is "woman" and as long as you present well they will have no reason to change their minds. After all, what 6'5" man would go around in women's clothes? *We* know the answer to that, but the general public doesn't!
    Wow - Eryn that's so great, Brilliant. I'm 5' 13" and can judge if another person is 6' 2" or 6' 4", but after that, you're right. I can't tell the difference between someone 6' 10" or 7 Foot.
    Mary