Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ventured out on my own

ventured out on my own

so my wife said i should try going out once a week to get used to being me. we decided on sunday night as being the best time. less people about in the city and nothing is really planned on those nights with friends.

so i got myself all dolled up but very casual girl next door. jeans, open V neck sweater, flats and a light coat.

ran down my apartment jumped in my car and drove away..clean escape. As i drove i was always looking for someone pointing or laughing...no one..awesome. I parked close to the bar and jumped out and ran in. i sat down and chatted with everyone. i was a nervous wreck but i calmed down as the night drew on. everyone was totally awesome. i felt my confidence brimming as they were telling me i looked great and how brave i was. eventually it was time to head home. Just as i stepped out of the bar two giant dudes and a tiny drunk chick walked by it took her half a second to look at me and say "that chick is a dude"...confidence...back to zero.

ran to my car drove home and sat demoralized. oh well next time. just thought i would share with everyone. take care

MIss Daphne, girl you just keyed something up drunk chick, she read you, owell, she was drunk, and problemly did not care what she said, it sound like you had a great time at the bar until that so don't worry too much ok, i still bet you enjoy being in the world as a woman, i know i always enjoy it and i don't pass, but it is too much fun to worry about little things sometime, Thanks for sharing and keep your chin up, and girl don't stop enljoying life over one drunk chick, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Thank you for sharing. It will be better and never give in.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

thanks. their is no way i can stop lol. i just thought i could pass better then 1.5 seconds of a glance. baby steps i guess

Platinum Member
    Don't let it get you down. We all have telltale features that a woman will notice...some to a lesser degree than others. But when you get out more frequently you'll be less concerned with being read on occasion and focus on the fun of interactingmwithmothers.

That sucks, Daphne. I had something similar happen to me, but it was inside a Target store. I went by this 10-year old and his mom. Mom didn't give me a second look, but the kid kept staring. He eventually said something to mom and then she kinda stared also. My confidence level fell to the floor. After that, I set my shopping basket down in a corner and just left, feeling frustrated for being read, and angry for leaving. With time, I learned to roll with the punches. Anyway, thanks for sharing and don't let it bring you down too much.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    She was probably too drunk to add, "But she's really pretty!"
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

I agree with Elsa here, so go out and see what happens next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

a drunk chic with 2 big dudes?? and her opinion is important??? ah no and next time turn and say yep ..and???

My reply like Ive done too many times Is yes and your point is. And I leave with. Cant please eveeyobe and I dont try.Sounds like your nivht was fun and dont let those ppl deter you from goinv out again girl. Kuddos one your night out.
    Renee

awww sorry to hear a drunk threw you under the bus, sometimes we wear a wig thats just not right or our hair isn't quite right, maybe we need better beard cover, or a choker to cover up the adams apple.

don't let it beat you up. we went out OCT 27th My wife told be everyone will know you are a guy, (NOT)
    we went out OCT 31 and she said If I didn't know better, "you look like a woman"
    I was wearing a better wig and the makeup was a bit better.

I the first night I wore false upper and lower eye lashes. the 2nd night I used individual eye lashes from the corner of the outer eye to about 1/3 over about 1-mm apart spacing.

(I did the same smokey eye) she told me I could do a you tube video.)

my point is, try again.

this is my uncropped picture of halloween
    http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...11-4-12084.jpg

here is a picture with a cheaper wig.
    http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/DSC04315.jpg

this is an example of a cheap wig with an I don't care what I look like attitude. (it works)
    http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/DSC04319.jpg
    Last edited by MssHyde; 11-19-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Quote Originally Posted by MssHyde View Post

(I did the same smokey eye) she told me I could do a you tube video.)
    Do one, I need help with my eye makeup bad and though I watch them over and over I am still not getting the results

daphne, I am sure we are all going to be read from time to time. Like the others stated, it was some little drunk chick who has too much to drink and had nothing holding her back from saying just about anything in the world that night. The big dudes didn't say anything though so you just got to roll with it. Don't let it bring you down after what sounds like a great night out. I am sure there are some GG's out there that get mistaken for a guy too
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Don't be sad, you sure inspired me!!! Now I just need to work up the nerve.
    Sexy Sissy Sandi

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Drunks are the worst. I suspect many more people pick us as males than we know but few care. It takes someone drunk to make a comment.

Sometimes we are just ultra sensitive and if someone laughs near us we think they are laughing at us. Mostly not so - just a coincidence. It is enlightening to observe people when you are out not dressed and see how they interact.

The times like you experienced Daphne are what gives us the confidence that we need to venture out and deal with what can happen.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 11-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Teenagers and near 20 year olds have been a curse to mie, but not of late. Daphne hang tough doll.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    I went by this 10-year old and his mom. Mom didn't give me a second look, but the kid kept staring. He eventually said something to mom and then she kinda stared also.
    A couple of the first books I read on CDing was by Virgina Prince, "The Transvestite and His Wife" and "How to be a Woman Though Male". She made it very clear, unless your are completely passable, to stay away from children as they have no way to differentiate and like to verbally, and usually in a loud voice, tell everyone the views they don't understand.

Hang in there Daphne - at least you got the nerve to head out dressed - something I haven't done in 50 years.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Overall I think it was a good night out. I think it is more important to be accepted (which you were) than being read. As long as you're treated nice, who cares what they think.

Keep enjoying yourself. Other peoples opinions only matter to them.
    I have been out a few times, not passable at all, but enjoy a level of acceptance as myself.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    She made it very clear, unless your are completely passable, to stay away from children as they have no way to differentiate and like to verbally, and usually in a loud voice, tell everyone the views they don't understand.
    I go out a fair bit, and I am read pretty quickly by nearly all adults. However, young children seldom pay attention to me. I've only had perhaps twice where a young child has said anything or even given me a stare. Teenage girls have been known to giggle at me, but they don't otherwise out me or follow me. It is the groups of boys in the 10-14 range who get uppity and threatening.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I once walked into Dress Barn and a little girl on her way out with her mother said "that's a man!". Nothing you can do about that but find something nice to buy.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

thanks for all the kind words! i'm not going to give up because their is no alternative for me. This is who i am and I need to learn to deal with who i am. so we're going to keep trying every sunday until i'm comfortable...that the game plan at least.

MssHyde: i did try out a new wig. it was a heavy bang number. i think after a while it just looked like a hair helmet lol, i might go back to my first.
    Elsa: lol no i didn't hear her say that...i would have hugged her if she did lol.
    Sissysandi: do it up! makes me feel like i'm making things a little better for everyone.

the two big dudes. they look like steroid ragers, all muscle no brain kinda thing. i didn't want to mix words..all 10 pounds of me wouldn't last too long. i was halfway across the street before she could finish her sentence lol.

I'll take pictures next week and see what cha think. love pointers!

Never let it get you down! It will proberly happen again! Just enjoy your life and move on!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

my first or second time out I was in a consignment store and overheard a young girl say to her mom, "Mom, is that a man?". " the mom shushed her and went about her business.

Drunks say the strangest things. I was at the bar once when a clearly inebriated fellow asks if I want to 'party' with him. I declined in a guy voice. He looked confused and replied 'I don't do guys...but if I did, I'd sleep with you in an instant'. Talk about a back handed compliment.-Celeste

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    After you get used to being out and the myriad of reactions you get from all kinds of people, you'll come to realize what matters most is how you view yourself. Hold your head up high and look them straight in the eyes. If someone asks if you are a guy, tell them what I tell them,"not today" or "only on the outside"!Lol. I've never gotten a reply from anyone I've said that to. Your mileage may vary! Hugs, Tonya
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde