Thread: FACTS anyone?

Banned Read only

FACTS anyone?

With all the whining that goes on here about "society" and that why is it OK for a woman to WEAR this, that or the other... so why can't a man wear...

What will happen if we keep it real simple? Might a few people change their minds about what a man can and can't wear that "society" will accept? Probably not...

Let's talk about just ONE thing - women's jeans. I will simply define women's jeans as any jeans sold with labels saying 0 to possibly 20? Maybe the numbers go higher? I also know from vast experience that one is likely to see the words Tall or Petite on the label. To my knowledge, there are no "men's jeans that use such labeling.

QUESTION. When you are out and about, no matter how you are dressed, HOW do you know if females MIGHT be wearing men's jeans or vice versa? Do you notice? Do you care? Are there some "dead giveaways" on SOME women's jeans? Or men's? The correct answer is YES. Are there dead giveaways on all or even most jeans? NO. I'll bet even few GGs realize just how many brands of women's jeans there are, and very few pairs will be cut or fitted or stitched the same way and the sizes are basically meaningless. ALL of this can be easily verified at any decent sized "thrift" store, secondhand store, consignment shop etc.There has to be at least 20 different brands of women's jeans at least if not 30 or 40 or more?

ALL of Humanity are not slaves to fashion. There are tons of folks who will buy clothes simply based on comfort and/or fit. These "sharp" people do not care which department it might come from. They are JUST clothes to them and it does NOT make them a CDer.

For those itching to get out of the closet, blaming their fear on society and claiming to know exactly WHAT "society" accepts, will only hold you back till...?

NOW, you have no excuse to stay hidden in the closet IF you want out. Go find yourself some "women's" jeans and wear them out and see if anyone notices. Or cares. The sky won't fall. Maybe after a few trips out, you can add a "womens" belt or hat. Or socks. Or get really crazy and add some shoes. You are likely to find that "society" does not care. WHY would they?

I am willing to bet that there are tons of "athletic" males that wear women's jeans simply because they generally tend to have a much better ratio of thigh to waist size than men's jeans.

In the end, jeans are simply clothes just like any other article of clothing. ANYone can wear them out in public, regardless of what's on the label just like any other article of clothing.

Could there be a "safer" place to start than jeans?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 11-21-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: spelling

wow what a kawinkydink :O i just went out today and bought 3 pairs of womens skinny jeans and as i was trying several pairs on at the store i was like, wow ive seen alot of guys wear more tighter and ridiculously girly jeans than these out.

so yeh it was only today that i realised i could infact, wear girls/womens clothing out at no-one would give a dam. im just waiting for my uni sex casual shoes to arrive and ill probly wear my new jeans everyday!

http://www.rabenfootwear.com.au/stor...mart&Itemid=53

http://www.rabenfootwear.com.au/stor...mart&Itemid=53

amazing how my mind has changed after buying womens jeans lol, but still wearing a dress/skirt en drab for me is a different story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am all for jeans and androgynous for starters.
    I remember about twelve months ago at Pearl Harbor I was wearing skinny keans and a slim fitting shirt.
    The girls in the ticket booth thought I looked real cool and there was not a mention of female clothing.
    Slim fitting shirt with darts to accentuate the waist, skinny jeans, black socks, and low heeled ballet pumps.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You really can't tell the difference. I think the old joke applies here Hon:

Question: How can you tell the difference between a male chromosome and a female chromosome?

Answer: You pull down it's jeans (genes).

Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not sure if there exists an angry mob with torches and pitchforks ready to attack anyone over clothing choices! Snide remarks should be taken as "water off a ducks back". "GF ers" wear clothes that don't fit their gender deliberately..you can relate to that! No big deal..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I agree 100%.I need a tighter fitting jean for work,they just give me more support and help when bending over or squatting during the day.It's not good for me to have those congo style jeans,they make me feel like I'm dragging all day and feel like they are extra weight to hump around,where something that fits properly feels good and streamlines my day.

I remember the when I used to be able to buy mens jeans that really fit comfortably,now, that's turned into quite a task.

I have worn womens jeans out in public dressed as a man and nobody notices. I think the womens jeans just look better than the mens jeans do. They fit better and the only real difference is some stiching on the back pockets. I do not think anyone has noticed.

Interesting premise. You are always thought-provoking in the threads you come up with.

The thing is, at least for me, is that I am not so much about blurring gender lines. If I present as a female and happen to be wearing jeans, there is little question that they are women's jeans. It could be the cut, the adornment or the patterns on the pockets. None of my female jeans (and I have a lot of 'em) are suitable for wearing in guy mode unless I really want my elephant to be heard louder & clearer.

Maybe it's my body shape but in I have never had an issue with the fit of guy jeans. Women's jeans don't fit me "better", just different and of course more suitable when presenting as a female. Because fit is not an issue, I have absolutely no other reason to wear women's jeans in guy mode. If I feel a need to be wearing "something" feminine in those times, that's what panties were invented for!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I have a couple of pair of jeans called basics I got at K-mart, they have no thread pattern on the pockets, (plain pockets) I also have them in male jeans, and even I have to check to see which is which before I put them on.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    You really can't tell the difference.
    If you can't tell the difference..... then what's the point of crossdressing? Just because the label says who its made for doesn't make it feminine looking..... why the hell would I go through all the hassles of trying to look good enfemme if I were going to look like a woman wearing mens clothing? lol. Why not just sew in female labels to all your male clothes? No one can tell? If you can't tell the difference then your not really crossdressing according to the rule book!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

As you well know yourself Karr, rules were meant to be broken by someone. It may as well be me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Better you than me....... My set of rules have already broken all the rules! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I will be happy to burst bubbles here. you an easily see the difference in men's and women's jeans. The cut is totally different. If women wore men's jeans, and they do not, it would be comical. You can not confuse our ability to wear something with its obviousness. We do not notice the size marking, we do not "notice" what mean and women are wearing BECAUSE it is appropriate for their gender. When a man wears skinny jeans, it is noticed. All jeans are not equal

I agree with Sara. I too have many pairs of jeans and if I try to war them in drab the elephant will be heard. Also my girl jeans are tight fitting like they should be but guy jeans are not. If I wear tight fitting girl jeans in drab I get a lot more stares than if I dressed pretty.

Banned Read only
    May as well throw in another fact. There are NO RULES about how a man's or woman's jeans are supposed to fit. Or ANY clothing item for that matter. There are NO RULES that state that a woman's jeans MUST have fancy pockets, embroidery, zipper on the "wrong side", can only be/must be tight/loose/hiphuggers/bellbottoms/only certain colors, etc. There are NO RULES that say a man's jeans must "look manly" or NOT have any fancy stitching or not be hiphuggers or bell bottoms or anything else.

There are literally almost endless sizes, cuts, styles and colors of jeans for ONLY one reason. ALL Humans come in an endless variety of shapes. Even identical twins will differ in body measurements or ratios based on diet and exercise.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    May as well throw in another fact. There are NO RULES about how a man's or woman's jeans are supposed to fit.
    This is not a fact. Our reality is that we all "know" what a woman's cut in clothing looks like. As a result, we notice if worn by a man. THAT is the fact

Jeans cut for women probably won't fit a mans body. It is that simply. If you want them to fit without added pads or modifications you will be hard pressed to find women's jeans for your male body. I have several pair or women's jeans that fit nicely when I wear pads but if I try them with out it looks like a bag around my hips.
    I have found that there are men's jeans that fit and look nice and even have a feminine flair that I can wear while dressed without pads but generally I wear pads and fem jeans because I like the shape they and the pads give me.
    I kind or think jeans can be very androgynous. Unfortunately I have not found any male jeans with the fancy decorative stitching on them which I have on my girly jeans. That doesn't mean they are not out there. I wouldn't be adverse to wearing fem jeans in male mode if they fit nicely and look good to me. It is very hard if not impossible to find girl jeans for a 5'10" girl that doesn't have hips or butt that really is the problem. So I am stuck have to fabricate hips and a butt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    This is not a fact. Our reality is that we all "know" what a woman's cut in clothing looks like. As a result, we notice if worn by a man. THAT is the fact
    I almost have to agree completely with what Jennifer has said. I have a pair of Denim jeans that I wear when I work in my shop or go out shopping. I overheard one woman at Walmart a few months ago say to another woman "I think that man is wearing women's jeans". The other woman seemed to ignore her. I have had a few looks from different women that had that puzzled 'look' when they saw my jeans. Probably 95% of the time no one ever notices. No man has ever given me that 'look'.

Since I'm larger my jeans are a bit more baggy around the hips and derriere and tight at the waist. Some women catch on to this. And I also wear a 'tall'.

I have known several women who bought mens jeans because they fit them better. I have a few pair of womens jeans that fit me fine with no hip pads. If it were not for the stitching on the pockets who would know. In fact I do not think anyone has noticed that my jeans are from the womens department.

Biggest difference is that womens Jeans have a little lycra woven in that give them a little stretch. As far as fit goes like other pants it depends on the brand and cut. All my jeans are "women's" but I make sure that they fit without being too tight or too baggy. Gloria Vanderbilts fit fine but Venezia jeans look like clown pants on me. You have to see which jean or slacks fit you. I have pants that I wear to work that are quite acceptable, except that the pockets are a bit smaller and they might not have one or both back pockets. Let me tell you if anyone noticed it something would have been said. It's the no pocket pants that I would not wear to work, that would be noticable.

I recently bought a pair of womens "technical" pants, suitable for hiking and walking in less than balmy weather. I bought the womens because they were on clearance, and were one quarter the price of the mens, they actually fit me better, ( love the way they hug my butt ) and yes, i get a kick out of wearing girl's stuff. Anyone who gets a look at the front of them without a sweater in the way is gonna know, they have no fly, and the front is flat ( well, not when i wear them, i don't tuck! ) and most of the people i interact with work at the same place and they'll recognize them. I'm currently planning on wearing a utility / hiking type kilt to work, I'm pretty sure I'll get away without negative feedback from senior staff, and once that's become familiar, I'm going to try switching to a hiking skirt, though that's dependant on the general reaction to the kilt.

Really, what is a kilt but a skirt tailored for men?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Read only
    The simple REALITY is that not even some of the "professional" CD busters here are looking for "correct" telltale signs on jeans because it is basically an exercise in futility. Or maybe they just have not chimed in yet. Not all women and certainly not most men are going to wear jeans that scream female on them because of giant/fancy pockets, wild stiching or fancy logos, emblems or trim.

WHY do you think the manufacturers go to the trouble to put all that stuff on them? Because such things scream these are FEMALE jeans, which allows them to basically charge a lot more for them.

Of course there may be manufacturers of men's jeans that do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    There are NO RULES that state that a woman's jeans MUST have fancy pockets,
    I just wish I could find a pair of jeans that fit properly at the hips and waist (the waist is always too big), and through the thighs (not baggy), and that are long enough, with just the right amount of stretch .... AND ... that have pockets deep enough so that I can carry my cell phone. Without all the bling, the stitching, and the fake, wrinkly discoloring they do with bleach.

Those jeans don't exist.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-22-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Reine

It's not that nobody notices. They don't care. Wear what you want.-Celeste

Reine- have you tried 'not your daughters jeans'? Super pricey, but a lot of women say they fit well. Also 'made in the USA'.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 11-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I just wish I could find a pair of jeans that fit properly at the hips and waist (the waist is always too big), and through the thighs (not baggy), and that are long enough, with just the right amount of stretch .... AND ... that have pockets deep enough so that I can carry my cell phone. Without all the bling, the stitching, and the fake, wrinkly discoloring they do with bleach.

Those jeans don't exist.
    This is so true,I f I find them with all Reine's criteria,I will buy a lifetime supply.