Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News - Started MTF supplements today

News - Started MTF supplements today

As many of you already know, I had been very depressed lately. I had been on hiatus for about two years as was demanded by my wife. In the past, I used to consider myself CD, simply because I had opportunities to dress pretty regularly due to the nature of my business which requires me to travel weekly. However, recently, I began to realize that these feelings were a little more than the urge to put on a dress and walk around. I started feeling a "femme" trapped in me begging to get out.

I was so scared and confused. So, I started a thread discussing the dilemma I have with respect to telling my wife or not, etc... Late last night, I accepted that the male me can no longer fight with Tonya. She's gotten too strong. I decided to embrace her, and surrender to whatever her little heart desires. Instead to consulting my mind, I listened to my heart, and started my hormone therapy.

This is it folks! Wish me luck. I will keep everyone posted. I am sure progress pictures will be posted periodically.

Tonya
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-22-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Sorry, too much information for the public forums.
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Tonya..I feel your desire to be more feminine..I have been on spiro and estrogen for about 6 months now. I've experienced some breast growth and, I think, some reassignment of body fat (I have too much of that anyway)..I assume that's what you want..There must be quite a few people on this site in my situation..I'd also be interested in hearing some of them...Good luck, and be well..Jackie ( if that's your picture, you've got a good head start..)
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by drag n fly View Post
    Hi Tonya..I feel your desire to be more feminine..I have been on spiro and estrogen for about 6 months now. I've experienced some breast growth and, I think, some reassignment of body fat (I have too much of that anyway)..I assume that's what you want..There must be quite a few people on this site in my situation..I'd also be interested in hearing some of them...Good luck, and be well..Jackie ( if that's your picture, you've got a good head start..)
    Yes - this is me. Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    As many of you already know, I had been very depressed lately. I had been on hiatus for about two years as was demanded by my wife. In the past, I used to consider myself CD, simply because I had opportunities to dress pretty regularly due to the nature of my business which requires me to travel weekly. However, recently, I began to realize that these feelings were a little more than the urge to put on a dress and walk around. I started feeling a "femme" trapped in me begging to get out.

I was so scared and confused. So, I started a thread discussing the dilemma I have with respect to telling my wife or not, etc... Late last night, I accepted that the male me can no longer fight with Tonya. She's gotten too strong. I decided to embrace her, and surrender to whatever her little heart desires. Instead to consulting my mind, I listened to my heart, and started my hormone therapy.

This is it folks! Wish me luck. I will keep everyone posted. I am sure progress pictures will be posted periodically.

Tonya
    One thing that might help your acceptance of yourself is to stop thinking of yourself as two different people. You are one person... you are just repressing part of who you are and not expressing yourself. You're not letting "her" out, you're letting you be YOU. Whether that's a man letting himself be himself and not trying to live up to some macho standard... or maybe that's the real woman you haven't allowed yourself to express and instead put on a charade... or maybe you're somewhere in between.

talk about it with friends and your wife if possible. Mine wasn't able to accept me as I am and we separated thats the hard reality of this it seems you have to be willing to loose everything near and dear. At that point some come around some remain friends only some leave and are very hurt tough decisions.... Hugs my heart goes out to you. A therapist helped me talk about shame and guilt and none if this makes you guilty of anything it just is.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    One thing that might help your acceptance of yourself is to stop thinking of yourself as two different people.
    Last week, I watched the movie TransAmerica; in one of the scenes meeting with her therapist, the main character talks about her past life in the third person, and the therapist prods her to stop doing that, for the same kind of reasons you outline above.

I say you need to tell your wife. Your wife is sure to notice the body changes. In my case it was my wife that strongly suggested I go on M2F HRT in the first place!

What I have as far as breast growth may not be typical: I have B cup breasts after over a year of HRT, and there is some fat redistribution as well as a lot less hair on my chest. One thing that has not been affected is my voice - I'm still a deep bass and that is not subject to change.

You have one personality no matter how you are dressed. I personally do not like the adoption of a feminine name unless perhaps SRS has been performed. That is why I use my masculine name.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-23-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I'm confused by your use of the word "supplements." Are you taking prescription drugs, or one of those "herbal supplements?"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I'm confused by your use of the word "supplements." Are you taking prescription drugs, or one of those "herbal supplements?"
    That's the exact same question I have. No where did I hear anything about getting counseling or seeing a doctor. Nor did I hear anything about being honest with one's wife.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Hi Tonya, I wish you luck in your journey. I hope this decision may bring some peace to your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Traci Elizabeth View Post
    That's the exact same question I have. No where did I hear anything about getting counseling or seeing a doctor. Nor did I hear anything about being honest with one's wife.
    I am currently taking herbal supplements, with the exception of the Testosterone injections which were prescribed by the physician. I spoke with my wife, and we are getting counseling. When I started this thread, it was to get feedback, comments, and encouragement, and I am getting plenty. I was not planning to proceed, one way or another, stupidly.

I am grateful for everyone's input. No exceptions. Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ummm think the t injections are gonna cancel out the herbal supplements.....which by the way can affect your health just as much as HRT.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Tonya,
    Best wishes darlin. I'm very afraid of anything that has to be injected into my body. HUGZ!
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Ummm think the t injections are gonna cancel out the herbal supplements.....which by the way can affect your health just as much as HRT.
    When my feelings resurfaced a couple of months ago, I went ahead and stopped the T-shots. My wife (she's in the medical field - scary thing - LOL) is of the opinion they're causing me what appears to be early signs of gynecomastia, as well as high blood pressure, etc. I even stopped Flomax. So I am only taking the minimum bottle-recommended doses of herbal supplements (Saw Palmetto, Fennugreek, Black Cohosh, and Soy Isoflavones).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Herbal supplements may or may not do you any good but it you are doing testosterone injections you are definately going in the wrong direction as far as feminization...

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy V View Post
    Herbal supplements may or may not do you any good but it you are doing testosterone injections you are definately going in the wrong direction as far as feminization...
    I know. We actually were trying to go the other direction at the request of my wife. She thinks my condition is medical and can be fixed. In order to please her, we tried.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    I know. We actually were trying to go the other direction at the request of my wife. She thinks my condition is medical and can be fixed. In order to please her, we tried.
    Am I reading this wrong or did your wife suggest testosterone supplements to cure you of being transgender?

Still, if you feel strongly enough to take herbal supplements then maybe it's time to go through the proper channels and start supervised HRT?

Corrinne - thanks. this is exactly where I am headed. I think I ready.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when I am taking T, I have a strong desire to dress, but when my T- level is low, I have no desire to dress, something you need to think about

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle2020cd View Post
    when I am taking T, I have a strong desire to dress, but when my T- level is low, I have no desire to dress, something you need to think about
    Well... that would depend on the reason behind wearing the cloths. If it's for excitement or sexual gratification, I'm not surprised that you'd want to dress up more with more T.

What's with people who aren't FTMs injecting testosterone?????

I'd recomend a therapist, an endo ,and stop all herbals and t injections ? [talk to your dr.]untill you have medical supervision . Most of us tried all the herbals and for me it wasn't a good decision. Too risky. My desire to present female has not wavered for a long time . 58 yrs. I feel its just who I am. Good luck and be safe! M.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle2020cd View Post
    I never had a "desire" to dress I abhorred dressing I was compelled to do it anyway. Once I accepted myself it became a non-issue. Its always been about my body not the clothes Hormones have not changed that for me. I think this is an essential difference between a CD and a TS.

Tonya, Herbals will not do much if anything for you. Its easy enough to go to a therapist and get a letter for HRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    I never had a "desire" to dress I abhorred dressing I was compelled to do it anyway. Once I accepted myself it became a non-issue. Its always been about my body not the clothes Hormones have not changed that for me. I think this is an essential difference between a CD and a TS.

Tonya, Herbals will not do much if anything for you. Its easy enough to go to a therapist and get a letter for HRT.
    I agree. My wife and I had the discussion this morning. We will be seeing a Gender Therapist. Wish me luck girls.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tonya my wife is also a nurse. Her first thought was "T" might cure me too. It took a bit of research for her to realize that thinking was wrong. She's now okay with me on HRT because she had big problems with a low "E" count that needed an endo to correct. Forget the herbals and good luck.

Yep - I hear you. I am stopping all supplements, now that my condition is really out in the open and finally being discussed like it should be. I am kind of glad we're going to see the therapist, for her sake at least. I know personally, after all these years of internal turmoil and suffering, I have come to accept and embrace this "better part" of me. My wife needs proper professional guidance to better understand it.

I just hope we can make it work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]