Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - Started MTF supplements today

I'm kinda suspicious that the only reason you stopped taking testosterone is because your wife complained that it was feminizing you (from taking too much and your body compensating by producing estrogen and giving you gynecomastia).

Obviously you and your wife aren't on the same page with what you're doing (or trying to do), and if you were OK with taking testosterone until recently, you've got some pretty big stuff to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    When my feelings resurfaced a couple of months ago, I went ahead and stopped the T-shots. My wife (she's in the medical field - scary thing - LOL) is of the opinion they're causing me what appears to be early signs of gynecomastia, as well as high blood pressure, etc. I even stopped Flomax. So I am only taking the minimum bottle-recommended doses of herbal supplements (Saw Palmetto, Fennugreek, Black Cohosh, and Soy Isoflavones).
    What are you trying to accomplish? Supplements are pretty well proven to not do anything. You could triple your dosage, and you'd still get less of a benefit than going into the doctor and asking for a prescription of Propecia because you don't want your hair to fall out.

Sure, you can listen to people on here who think Fenugreek grew them a B-cup, but those tend to be middle-aged crossdressers who already have a B-cup of man boob.

Even Saw Palmetto (which was pretty widely accepted as a good thing for your prostate along the lines of Finasteride) has been clinically proven to do absolutely no good.

There have been many many studies showing that Soy Isoflavones don't have any real benefits.

And Black Cohosh is less legitimate than any of the rest of them. People say it helps with hot flashes, but that has been studied (and is still being studied) and has never been shown to have any real effects.

And, if any of that did work, the types of dosages you'd need would often be more dangerous than self-medicating with actual hormones. Because when you grid up a plant just because part of it might have estrogenic effects, you're getting a lot more than just a bogus phytoestrogen.

But, the psychological effects of HRT are the most important thing for your sanity, so if the placebo effect is making you feel better about yourself, I guess it's worth it for the price of some overpriced herbs.
    Last edited by Raquel June; 11-25-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Silver Member
    Glad you're getting on the right track Tonya Working with a therapist and/or doctor can really improve the environment in which you explore who you are and what you want.

Just be careful with your wife... make sure you take things slow with her and talk things through before making decisions without her or surprising her with anything. Hopefully she'll be understanding even though this is sure to be a big struggle for her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    Well... that would depend on the reason behind wearing the cloths. If it's for excitement or sexual gratification, I'm not surprised that you'd want to dress up more with more T.

What's with people who aren't FTMs injecting testosterone?????
    Originally Posted by TonyaV

When my feelings resurfaced a couple of months ago, I went ahead and stopped the T-shots. My wife (she's in the medical field - scary thing - LOL) is of the opinion they're causing me what appears to be early signs of gynecomastia, as well as high blood pressure, etc. I even stopped Flomax. So I am only taking the minimum bottle-recommended doses of herbal supplements (Saw Palmetto, Fennugreek, Black Cohosh, and Soy Isoflavones).

doctors do recomend T-shot when you have low t, it makes you feel better, gives you more energry, and no, I don't dress for the excitement or sex, but when my T-level is low, I guess my female mones kick in, and I don't want to dress up, and no I am not Trans, just a CD, I just notice she said , when she started talking T-shots , she wanted to dress more, I by no means are trying to speak for any MTF, just making a point that some people may mix up just dressing for being Trans
    Last edited by michelle2020cd; 11-25-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle2020cd View Post
    Originally Posted by TonyaV

doctors do recomend T-shot when you have low t, it makes you feel better, gives you more energry, and no, I don't dress for the excitement or sex, but when my T-level is low, I guess my female mones kick in, and I don't want to dress up, and no I am not Trans, just a CD, I just notice she said , when she started talking T-shots , she wanted to dress more, I by no means are trying to speak for any MTF, just making a point that some people may mix up just dressing for being Trans
    Exactly, Michelle. I am going through this confusing period right now, myself. Basically I used to think I was a CD. Lately my feelings appear to slide me further on the gender spectrum toward TG/TS, not quite sure yet. I wish I have the answers, but I don't. I am hoping through professional help, soon, I'll be able to figure it out.
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey girl, it is all OK!

As we cope with this condition, and yes, it seems to me, it is a sort of illness we were born with out of the fact that our lives get complicated to say least. We take our time to get to the point of reckoning. Sort of jumping off point no one in their right mind wants to jump without preparation or at least some sort of psychological parachute. Well, you are standing right at the edge of the ravine looking straight down!
    But the fall is, oh so freeing, for the first time in life freedom of flight towards SELF is an immensely gratifying thought.

You will get there, all my love, Inna

Inna - Thank you girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    Hey girl, it is all OK!

As we cope with this condition, and yes, it seems to me, it is a sort of illness we were born with out of the fact that our lives get complicated to say least. We take our time to get to the point of reckoning. Sort of jumping off point no one in their right mind wants to jump without preparation or at least some sort of psychological parachute. Well, you are standing right at the edge of the ravine looking straight down!
    But the fall is, oh so freeing, for the first time in life freedom of flight towards SELF is an immensely gratifying thought.

You will get there, all my love, Inna
    Remember? I've been following your journey for a long time (how time flies). You know, I'll probably be knocking on your door for guidance, thoughts, and just to vent. There is so much I can learn from your journey and experience. Aren't we so grateful for the internet? Otherwise, there would be times I would wake you up in the middle of the night wanting you to listen to me crying.

You've been such as inspiration to me, sister, I love you with all my heart.

Tonya

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have an herbal cup of tea once a day. Does that count?

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci Elizabeth View Post
    I have an herbal cup of tea once a day. Does that count?
    Yes - it probably helps you keep regular.

Other than that, not so much!

Tonya,

I truly wish you luck. Having someone in the medical field can be a help or a hindrance. It sounds like you have some challenges...but don't we all?

-stephani

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieC View Post
    Tonya,

I truly wish you luck. Having someone in the medical field can be a help or a hindrance. It sounds like you have some challenges...but don't we all?

-stephani
    Totally - usually the conversation starts nice as I try help her understand how I feel, etc.. Then, her "Patient Assessment" skills start kicking in and shes begins questioning and interrogating to the point I am uncomfortable. So I'd have to remind to to please be my wife, not the therapist. It has gotten much better though. I am more relaxed around her, and she has calmed down some. She just has so many questions. I have my first appointment with the therapist next Tuesday.

And Stephanie, thank you! Hugs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]