Thread: Unlearning!

Unlearning!

I have been spending more and more time in femm working up to full time.
    Being a women comes easy to me. Where I'm having trouble is unlearning how to be a man. Anyone know what I mean? And dose anyone have any suggestions on how to get past this snag?
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

habits are hard to break, it takes time. what worked for me was to try and collect a mental list of all the male habits i gained after living as a guy for so long, i also listed all the opposites. i just thought about them all the time and made sure i wasn't falling back on the old habits. with time you just break the old and create new ones. its just hard work being on your own ass all the time lol
    im still working on it and probably will be for a while
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubbman

Well I don't know if you are HRT but for me that did the trick. But I was not all that "male" in the first place. Being feminine has always been easy for me even back in the days when I was trying to hide my femininity eons ago.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I was constantly having to try to NOT act girly, so all I have done is stop trying to cover up and uncover the real me.

relax and just let it happen..

depending on your age and how you are brought up, there is a lot of male conditioning that is gonna be trapped inside

....its ok..just be yourself..if you try too hard or overthink it you'll go nuts and you'll come off strangely to people.

Quote Originally Posted by josee View Post
    I was constantly having to try to NOT act girly, so all I have done is stop trying to cover up and uncover the real me.
    I've found this too. Just ceasing to tell myself 'Don't brush your hair like that/wear jeans that shape/stand like that/walk like that/hold your hands together like that, cos it looks "effeminate" ' has led to a lot of progress.
    When you see your ship go sailing...

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Unlearning some things can be a bit embarrassing. I love female slacks, especially those without zippers in the front. Unfortunately, not having a zipper has helped me unlearn the act of zipping. I continually have to check, and more than half the time, my fly is down while in drab.

OK, I am 66, and the mind is not what it is used to be, and i forget, but unlearning is my story and I am sticking to it.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I guess the only habit I have is speaking and singing in the deep male register. My wife teases me of my gestures being feminine, so I guess I must be on the right track!

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Banned Read only
    Just relax and be you. Allow the male and female to blend and become one. She will overide and correct as needed as it happens.

Glamazon
    Oh, you poor old late transitioners...

I will admit that I slipped up once when on a date with a guy - opened the door for him and he was a bit freaked out - but he was also six inches shorter than me, so I think him getting a bit of the awkwardness back was fair. Otherwise, sorry, never really had that whole unlearning thing, not like I could really function in a male role anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliabee View Post
    Oh, you poor old late transitioners...

I will admit that I slipped up once when on a date with a guy - opened the door for him and he was a bit freaked out - but he was also six inches shorter than me, so I think him getting a bit of the awkwardness back was fair. Otherwise, sorry, never really had that whole unlearning thing, not like I could really function in a male role anyways.
    That's exactly where I'm having the problem. I have always showed women lots of respect.
    So now when I hold a door or stop to let a woman go in front of me. I get some looks.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Ashley, about opening doors ... I'm a GG and I open doors for my SO or anyone else all the time, if I get there first. Have been doing this all my life. In the beginning my SO actually would open the door for herself (also while in guy mode) with me following, but when she noticed that I was being courteous, she began returning the favor too.
    Reine

Beautiful Girl To Billie SweetNikki's Avatar
    Hi Ashley

Don't worry about opening doors i do it all the time i even let women pass me on the pavement when there ins't enough space for 2 of us. Every time i get a smile or even a thank you i respect women just like yourself & was brought up to be polite & kind i am not going to stop that now just because i am a women