Thread: News - Started MTF supplements today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm kinda suspicious that the only reason you stopped taking testosterone is because your wife complained that it was feminizing you (from taking too much and your body compensating by producing estrogen and giving you gynecomastia).

Obviously you and your wife aren't on the same page with what you're doing (or trying to do), and if you were OK with taking testosterone until recently, you've got some pretty big stuff to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    When my feelings resurfaced a couple of months ago, I went ahead and stopped the T-shots. My wife (she's in the medical field - scary thing - LOL) is of the opinion they're causing me what appears to be early signs of gynecomastia, as well as high blood pressure, etc. I even stopped Flomax. So I am only taking the minimum bottle-recommended doses of herbal supplements (Saw Palmetto, Fennugreek, Black Cohosh, and Soy Isoflavones).
    What are you trying to accomplish? Supplements are pretty well proven to not do anything. You could triple your dosage, and you'd still get less of a benefit than going into the doctor and asking for a prescription of Propecia because you don't want your hair to fall out.

Sure, you can listen to people on here who think Fenugreek grew them a B-cup, but those tend to be middle-aged crossdressers who already have a B-cup of man boob.

Even Saw Palmetto (which was pretty widely accepted as a good thing for your prostate along the lines of Finasteride) has been clinically proven to do absolutely no good.

There have been many many studies showing that Soy Isoflavones don't have any real benefits.

And Black Cohosh is less legitimate than any of the rest of them. People say it helps with hot flashes, but that has been studied (and is still being studied) and has never been shown to have any real effects.

And, if any of that did work, the types of dosages you'd need would often be more dangerous than self-medicating with actual hormones. Because when you grid up a plant just because part of it might have estrogenic effects, you're getting a lot more than just a bogus phytoestrogen.

But, the psychological effects of HRT are the most important thing for your sanity, so if the placebo effect is making you feel better about yourself, I guess it's worth it for the price of some overpriced herbs.
    Last edited by Raquel June; 11-25-2012 at 04:31 PM.