Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else think this today, or any other holiday?

Did anyone else think this today, or any other holiday?

This is something I feel at every family gathering.

Love, Hannah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.hannahmcknight.org

Yes, it happens to me all the time. I end up usually volunteering to run errands, etc.
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, except I am frequently with the women...

actually I feel comfy in both areas....love chatting with the girls and making the food, then I sit down and watch the games for a bit too

Yes, to some extent. I find sports boring and didn't really fit in with the guys for various reasons. As for kitchen duty, in my family, back in the day when we had holidays as a family most of the kitchen stuff was taken care of by a small number of the women. So the rest of the women didn't quite fit in there either. They would sit somehwere and catch up on friends and stuff. Not quite my thing either (lots of talk about people I didn't know). I always got along great with the kids though, watching movies or playing games with them.

I never was a sports fan when younger, but have since gotten more comfortable with that. I have always enjoyed helping and chatting with the women, but I do feel comfortable in both settings. I'm a natural leader type so that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

you really nailed it
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Banned Read only
    This is me as well. we went to my sister's house and the tv is turned off. But we all mingle all around each other. It's sort of all around. But I do relate to this though. I can't stand to sit with a group of guys yelling at the football on tv. I'd rather hang out with the women folks.

A lot of us talked about where we were this day 11/22/1963. Wow, it's hard to believe it's been a quick 49 years since then. I wasn't even thought of yet,,,,uumm.

I was at a Unitarian Church feast today and worked with the women..they only know Rogina.So,they treat me as one of their own and I love it!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

For me I fit in anywhere where there are people to talk with, women or men. My holidays are spent with family with me in male mode. I never feel out of place with them. I sometimes wonder what their expressions may be if I ever decided to show up as Allie!

Hi,

I hang out with the women because i am one, & with our camps most times in the kitchen doing food or what ever needs doing, family is different Kaylyn our daughter, is in charge of food, Both Jos & i know when to step back.....learned that long ago.

as for the men hmmm if i know them ill try to talk about normal things . dont get me wrong i do try & be comforable with men just a bit hard at times, I do know quite a few, its just hard to strick up a converstion with some one you have nothing in common with, any way i give it a go. & some dont like talking with women ,

...noeleena...

I can relate...went to my SIL's house for dinner. Most of their kids are grown or older, my other SIL was there with her family and then there is our family 3 kids under 10. We all get along fine, my SIL that was hosting was looking fab and I really wanted to say something about her outfit and such however it really can't gab about that with her. My other SIL was dressed up real nice too. I could totally be a girlly girl around those two if they knew me better. Oh well...we had a great day, enjoyed each others company and have a lot to be thankful for.

Just haven't figured out where to fit in...LOL

Aspiring Member
    Oddly no. I love to cook and I just cooked all day. I was exhausted as usual but loved every minute. This year since coming out to my wife, she helped in the kitchen much more. It seems we are getting closer - wonder of wonders. And I thought I'd be out on the street.

We had 17 of her relatives over from California, New York, North Carolina, and various parts of Virginia. It's a wonderful time as the whole group stays together and we just talk, eat, and enjoy each other. I was the mother feeding everyone breakfast, lunch and dinner and attending to their need as any hostess would. The only problem is having so many in the kitchen at once - fortunately the children were in different places in the house so that relieved some of the congestion.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I most certainly did. Today is hibernation day and raking leaves day.

Not only on holidays, almost every day for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Gold Member
    Well, first I am a Patriots fan. So that gives away part of it. I do some of both though. It is time spent with my family no matter whether they are male or female. While I certainly wanted to watch my Patriots game, I also wanted to help out with the cooking and cleaning as these kinds of things always seem to be loaded onto a few who carry the whole burden. But overall, I really enjoy getting some conversation in with each person there and playing with the kids some too.
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 11-23-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Can't seem to speel lately

Hah! My wife does most of the cooking but after that, I AM the woman in the kitchen washing the china by hand. Only, I don't get to be dolled up like June Cleaver in a dress and apron. Which would make it more palatable but...
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaErtel View Post

We had 17 of her relatives over from California, New York, North Carolina, and various parts of Virginia. It's a wonderful time as the whole group stays together and we just talk, eat, and enjoy each other. I was the mother feeding everyone breakfast, lunch and dinner and attending to their need as any hostess would.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I most certainly did. Today is hibernation day and raking leaves day.
    I sure hope you at least had on a frilly apron ! Did you think about how they will react to you basting that turkey in a dress next year? Gonna get interesting!!!You maybe should talk to your wife about how you'll come out to her family.If they are close enough to come for Thanksgiving,then how you tell them is important as your wife has a big team on her side!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Well, here's a big hello, and an even bigger hug to any of you who identify with the character in the cartoon. I can certainly understand it. But unlike this character, I fit well into both rooms. In fact, I did most of the cooking, and had the games on while I worked on the food. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Back in the day I felt like that, now I fit in with both crowds, son doesn't turn on games, and we spend as much time in the kitchen as the women do. We all love to cook.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

With people I am not out to I do feel like this.
    Football does not interest me so I find some alternative amusement.
    When I was younger and dressing more I would be with the girls, I helped with cooking and hostessing at parties I always had a niche in life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do not spend a lot of time watching sports any time (much less at family gatherings) - would much rather hang out with the women and chat (will do as much in the kitchen as i am allowed)

I usually take over in the kitchen. I started cooking when I was in first grade and there is nothing I love more than to fix up a nice dinner for a crowd. Problem is I really do not like the cleaning up afterwards, but that kind of goes with the territory.

You'll find me in the kitchen with the women...cleaning up and chatting.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hannah, thanks for another wonderful and thought provoking illustration.

Yes, I do feel that way at family gatherings, often gluing myself to my wife or spending time playing with the kids, even far before my current state of self-awareness.

That aside, hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.
    tammysmiles

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Hannah,

It's probably my SIL that sees both sides of me, as per your mirror. She is the only one other than my wife that I'm out to in the family. Plus the myriad of others that secretly know, since she has probably sworn one other to the secret and told them not to tell,......and so it goes on,.....ad infinitum.

I love your depictions, they really convey a message so vividly. As per the old adage, "a picture paints a thousand words".

Personally, I'm happy to walk either side of the line. Whether I'm any good at the female side is for others to say. However, I can say many who have known me through my teens to the present day would be surprised by my femme side.

On the Football front, we're talking Soccer here (Football in the UK...as we actually kick the ball ), I only watch my own team (clue is in my user title over my avatar) and they're rarely on....I'm far to partisan in dear old South East London!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk