Thread: first time help'!!

first time help'!!

I am going to a lgbt bar here in the Minneapolis area in a bit! I am starting to get nervous! Any tips would help. Its my first time and I am going alone

Alex,

I know it's a long thread. But, here's my experience from 1 1/2 weeks ago, my first time out en femme. Hope it helps.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...rld&highlight=

Anne
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne

I remember my first time very well. I had never driven in heels, I'm sure I looked like hell, and I was shaking so hard I could barely hold my drink. You're making a good choice going to an accepting place. Do you have time to scope it out in drab first? See what the girls are wearing, what the bathroom policy is? Find out where the parking is. If it's on street, and a busy area, how far will you have to walk? Luckily, lgbt bars are known safe areas, so your security isn't as much of an issue as going to a yahoo bar. The other patrons and the staff, of any gender or sexuality, will probably welcome you as any other, so relax about fitting in. At a gay bar everybody fits in. Don't worry about getting hit on, it rarely happens to us, gay men are usually cruising for guys that look like Freddy Mercury. Drag queens and lesbians are usually cool to icy about us, so don't be offended if they stay well clear.
    It's hard to advise someone to stay cool and relaxed, try to own the situation, and act like you belong, because...you'll be crapping yourself with nervousness. You'll be trying to act normal in an environment that's abnormal (for now) for you. Make the best of it, if you get anxious just go home, at least you made it out the door. Enjoy it, it gets easier.-Celeste

Been there done that....in your town. Stayed at a downtown hotel and walked in thigh-high boots, skirt, hair makeup et al a few fridged blocks to the TG bar.... Got there too early and walked back. Then 'round 10 p.m. walked back and had a few drinks and enjoyed the crowd... Yea a little nervous, but just went with it.

Renne.....

Renee where did you go? Was it the townhouse? I am mainly worried I will be the only Cd there

If you go to the Townhouse on Thursday nights you will not be the only CD there. I do not know about other nights.
    Hugs, Carole

Breathe walk upright and relax girl and have some fun.
    Renee