Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The appeal of clothing previously worn/owned by a GG

Banned Read only

The appeal of clothing previously worn/owned by a GG

Do you, like me, find it more appealing to wear clothing that has previously been worn by a GG?

Aspiring Member
    Wearing clothes actually worn by a female is OK but it doesn't really do much for me. However, I once bought a pair of white bikini type panties that had obviously been worn. I didn't see the telltale marks until I got to the car. I started back in to exchange them and then thought better of it. (A guy returning a pair of worn panties might not be a good experience). I often wondered what she looked like and treasured them. They were the type of panty that a young lady would wear at the time.

Banned Read only
    GG's I know have given me their dresses and I treasure them.

Mountain Lass
    Strange one this, but maybe some of you can shine a light here.

When my SO showed me his stash 31yrs ago all of it had previously been worn by other women, some he knew and some he didn't.

It was obvious to me that there was something going on here. Why would a cder choose only things which had been worn by another woman? I tried the community but got no responses. Some psychological issues were put forward at a later date, but it was years before he shopped for new stuff, and then it was vintage!

He did go through a phase of wanting to be me, but much of his stash my grandmother would not have worn, and he was a young man then! Any ideas?
    What does it do for you, heathr?

the appeal for me is YARD SALES....i've found many very nice dresses and blouses for a couple of bucks or less!

Makes no difference to me Hon. I can make it "work" for me whether it's been worn by a GG, a CD or brand new.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Do you, like me, find it more appealing to wear clothing that has previously been worn by a GG?
    Nope. Some of my stuff was given to me by my wife, some I bought brand new. I was kind of pleased though when my wife borrowed one of my blouses for an evening out with friends. I was waiting for someone to compliment on it and her to slip up and say "Oh, it's XXXX's."
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

The wearing ofpanties thing does not appeal to me and never has.
    Clothes given to me by GGs I have a close affinity with because they are items given as a gift or swapped.
    I buy clothes for myself but clothes given to me with feeling by someone always has a pace in my heart.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh for sure. I am not sure why exactly. I always shop in thrift stores. I like to imagine the wonderful parties, weddings and gala events and the pretty sophisticated sexy woman that wore that dress or bra before me. And danced the night away in these tall heels. And sometimes there is just a hint of an erotic perfume. And my red leather dress, probably has never been cleaned. It smells of cigarette smoke. I can only imagine the hot woman sitting at the bar, trying to be noticed. Red leather struggling to cover her curves. Wishing I could look as good. Not always, but sometimes there is a bit of extra stimulation. I feel close to her.

If its something that she has picked out then it has to be very special for her to hand it down. My girl and I are just about the same size so some things we swap and see how it wears on the other , kinda maeks it fun in doubling our wardrobes. Mix and match from both sides of the closet hehe.
    Renee

I have always bought all of my clothes, shoes, etc, etc, etc new. I have never had the desire to wear or own anything worn before and have never seen the "appeal" to do so. Maybe it's just me. Now, if my SO wanted to hand something down, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it but she is totally a different size than I am.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Having grown up wearing hand me downs from my cousin (male...get your minds out of the gutter) I don't like wearing anything someone else cast off. OTH, I know many here get great deals on used clothing
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Some people have hypothesized that (especially with the fetishistic crossdressers) that wearing women's clothes is having "contact" with women, and that the used clothing is even stronger of a contact. I would guess that the ones who buy everything used (and I mean EVERYTHING) have a secretly hidden fetish, perhaps subconsciously wired in their brain. The ones who buy undergarments and the occasional clothing item new from department stores and such, but most of it used from Goodwill or eBay type places are probably just seeking a specific style that can't be found new or if it can, at a much much more expensive price.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I used to have one GG that I traded clothes with and yeah it felt really good to wear her jeans and tops.Maybe it was a validation of some sort.
    She admitted to me it was a turn on for her to wear mine because she had never know any CDers personally.
    She told me when I made the offer she thought it was about the sexiest thing a man ever asked her.
    I had always come in to pay my bill in drab but never said much and I said love your outfit the jeans look very nice on you.
    She said yeah they are ok but just don't fit me right. I said no you really look nice in them.She said you are really sweet thank you.
    I told her I had a bunch of womens jeans I was taking to goodwill and she was welcome to look thru them and take what she wanted.
    She said yeah sure I'd love to.That lead to the question why did I have girls jeans?
    I said I'm a crossdresser and she said REALLY I can't see you as a girl LOL I said well next time I come in I'll come in girl mode.
    She reacted very well and told me sure I would love to see you all dolled up.
    Long story short she really liked the fact I was open about it.She said well I'll bring you some clothes too and we can trade.I agreed and we traded quite a few times even with her BF present.He was OK with it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Oh for sure. I am not sure why exactly. I always shop in thrift stores. I like to imagine the wonderful parties, weddings and gala events and the pretty sophisticated sexy woman that wore that dress or bra before me. And danced the night away in these tall heels. And sometimes there is just a hint of an erotic perfume. And my red leather dress, probably has never been cleaned. It smells of cigarette smoke. I can only imagine the hot woman sitting at the bar, trying to be noticed. Red leather struggling to cover her curves. Wishing I could look as good. Not always, but sometimes there is a bit of extra stimulation. I feel close to her.
    Same with me, Jenn. I don't buy anything that looks beat up, damaged or dirty. However, I often don't notice the perfume until I go to try it on at home. Which lets me know it was once worn by a woman. Everything I buy is fairly slim, tite, and sexy. So, I imagine the woman who last wore the item to be also!

My ex left a number of tite, sexy outfits from her younger, single days working as a Goddess at Caesar's Palace. She knew she'll never be able to get into them again. But, I can and DID! Hot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

In the begining(of me dressing), I liked the thought of knowing a woman wore the clothes I had on. As I grow into my female side, I much prefer to pick out new clothes. I do love to go to the goodwill,that's the only pre-owned womens clothing I own.

When I was a kid, being dressed by someone else, I did look forward to wearing the clothes of my sister's best friend, because I really liked her, and wearing her clothes made me feel closer to her; she was one of the few females that was nice to me when I was a kid. Also resulting in which, the women I dated as an adult all had characteristics of that girl; slim, long straight hair, often with just a bit of attitude.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

No, not at all. I wear other people's clothes because they still have a lot of useful life in them for me, and most importantly they are very, very inexpensive.

I'm building up my own wardrobe, but the thought of wearing my wife's clothes is still very present. I guess I like the idea of sharing, but she's not into it, so I'm working to respect her privacy.

I don't care one way or the other. Just having my share, now 3 to 1 on the pants part in my closet.

I don't wear women's clothes, I wear my clothes, they just happen to be a female cut and style. I think when I was young I wore other girl's clothes because I did not have any of my own. Now that I have my own wardrobe I prefer to just wear my clothes. Now if an attractive woman pulled me aside and made me put on her outfit I would not complain.

Wearing clothing that was previously worn by a woman has no appeal to me.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    My wardrobe of 85 dresses were bought new at JCPenny, Sears, and other retailers. My shoes have been bought new. Hosiery new. Wig new. Slips have been bought new or gently used from EBay. There is really no way anyone, GG or CD, can buy vintage slips other than previously worn. As to bras and panties.....Yuck to previously worn garments. That's getting a little too personal.

As to going out of my way to buy used feminine undergarments, yuck! Personal opinion. I know there is a market for unwashed stinking panties, but, that's a fetish. Personal opinion.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allsteamedup View Post
    He did go through a phase of wanting to be me, but much of his stash my grandmother would not have worn, and he was a young man then! Any ideas?
    I can answer this one. While I don't know you and your SO personally and can't be sure of this of course, I think I can give you the likely answer. If he went through a phase where he wanted to be like you, odds are he greatly admires you, and you are a source of love and comfort to him; it might seem weird on the surface, but with keeping his admiration and comfort he finds in you it is not bizarre at all. I also loved and admired my former girlfriend and wanted to be like her too. The desire of one's husband to be like you is a very high complement.

As to why he dressed "older" when he was young, he might have had an older female relative he was close to (and similar to you) he had a desire to emulate them. I also tend to dress a bit "older" because the women who influenced me most in my life were "older".

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    strange but I'm that way too, if I can picture a good looking GG priorly having it
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)