Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breast forms and flying pretty

Aspiring Member

Smile breast forms and flying pretty

In the recent past, has anyone had experience with breast forms and the TSA when you were traveling. If you wore them, I'm sure that they are detectable to the scanner. Did the TSA take you aside or make you show your silicone?
    If they were in your carryon, did they pull you aside to see what that jell like substance was?
    Thanks,
    SheriM

Never any worry with carry on silicon they seem recognizable enough.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I had them in my carry on bag and they saw them on the X-ray machine. They searched my bag and saw them but said nothing. I saw the screen, as they were strayed, and they were noticeable.

I always put mine in hold baggage
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

Sheri,

I wore my forms through security at Houston Hobby airport. I walked through the scanner like I owned the place and the TSA agent said nothing. It was my first time flying enfemme and everybody at TSA security was super nice and kind to me!

Robyn

I fly a lot however never dressed, although who knows maybe someday. The TSA is differnt at every airport. some do it this way others do that way, some are jerks some a very nice. Overall i would think you would be fine, but if you dont want to have an incedent, i would recommend that you put them in check luggage. If you encounter an agent that isnt being polite you can request a supervisor.

Went through TSA with nary a problem. Was wearing my forms and no one said or word or asked me to step aside for a pat down or anything extra.

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean* View Post
    I had them in my carry on bag and they saw them on the X-ray machine. They searched my bag and saw them but said nothing. I saw the screen, as they were strayed, and they were noticeable.
    I had the forms in my carry-on baggage. It showed up on the x-ray machine. They wanted to search my bag so I asked for a private screening. When the agent found it, he ask if it was breast implant. I was a bit embarrassed. From that point on, I just checked my baggage.

Prosthetics: Travelers should neither be asked to nor agree to lift, remove, or raise any article of clothing to reveal a prosthetic and should not be asked to remove it.
    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...nder-travelers

Realize they can ask you to step aside for a private screening. They reserve that right with every passenger.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The most experienced and frequent air traveler who travels pretty on here that I know is TxKimberly. She even has a regular blog she keeps with her travels. http://kimberlyhuddle.blogspot.com/ I have learned so much from her experiences. She travels weekly, and never has a major problem. Sometimes at particular airports she will be pulled aside, but has never not been allowed to fly. She has flying tips on her blog too. The main thing is, even if flying pretty, make sure you use your legal name and Id at all places, check in, security, on the ticket etc. As long as you don't try to come off as a different legal person, you will be fine flying pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I just went from New York and St. Louis and back this week. I was fully dressed with forms and considerable hip padding. Both locations wanted to check me out. So I let them do it in public. In NY, they tocuhed my head, and patted down my back and arms. In St. Louis, they took the back of their hand and went down my chest between my breasts and then patted down my arms again. In St. Louis, they wiped my hands for explosives. I was checked out by a female screener in both cases. I was far from the only one being screened.

If they want to pat you down, I would strongly suggest that you do it in public. There you have witnesses to make sure you don't get some jerk dealing with you. You have every right to do what you are doing. Lorileah has already given you the link I would have. The TSA sees us all of the time and they are trained to accept us. In all of the traveling pretty that I have done, I have never had a problem with them. The only time anything was made of the fact that I didn't quite look like my picture, it was clear that the screener was a rookie. He called his supervisor over and I was immediately passed through.

If you need any support to get you to fly pretty, you might find this thread interesting: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ave&highlight=

Leann
    Last edited by LeannL; 12-01-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

I've had the opposite problem. I was flying in boy mode, but the x-ray noticed the lack of male parts where they should be. The TSA guy actually tried to grope me to see if there were male parts there. I've also been flagged for having bulges in my arms - too much bulk around my armpits, so he had to feel and stepped back when he realized I had breasts.

I've flow androgynous several times, but wasn't confident with flying pretty. As it is I need 4 trays to handle my coat, boots, and 3 tubs of computer hardware.

Aspiring Member
    Thank you for all of your help. I will be flying soon and wanted the latest info.
    SheriM

Every travel through the airport, I check Renne's luggage as it's usually too big for carryon and I never see what happens to that bag but nothing has ever come up missing....

From what I've heard by other's flying pretty, after the initial screener who checks your passport and face, the next screen is the "stand on the yellow feet and raise your arms" screen. Before you step into the machine, the TSA person who is running the machine punches either the 'pink' button for female or the 'blue' button for male. Since the person operating that maching doesn't have the advantage of seeing your id, if you 'pass' the female appearance and she hits the 'pink' button, chances are you can head through without an issue.

For me it's fly in drab and pack the pretty... one of these days though.... ya never know...

Renne.....

As others have said, wearing breast forms through the TSA check point is 100% NOT a problem. There is the chance that the machine might flag you for further inspection, and that is nothing to worry about. A female TSA inspector will tell you very clearly where she is going to pat you down, and may even point at a monitor that the machine uses to show her where to inspect you. It is very quick, professional, and efficient and nothing to worry about.
    These back scatter machines can flag a spot on you for any number of reasons. I've had enough experience with them to say with certainty that simply having some perspiration on your blouse can flag you. Just be prepared for it and dont let it rattle you and you will be just fine.

If you choose to check your forms in your checked baggage, they are of no concern to anyone.

If you want to carry them onto the airplane in your "carry on" bag, you can, but you need to be aware of a couple of things. They do technically exceed the limit on liquids and gels for a carry on and so it is quite likely to at least get their attention. If you leave them hidden in your carry on, it is likely that they will be noted by the x-ray machine and you will be asked about them. The good news is that as someone else has already pointed out, they are a prosthetic, and are allowed through. The bad news is, that you may have to spend a moment talking to the person running the machine if they flag the bag for them.

On only one occasion have I gone through the screening process as a male while taking my breast forms in a carry on. I got stranded in Detroit overnight on the way to somewhere else, and since I had to be at a meeting the next morning, I had no choice but to go buy a male outfit, and then carry my female outfit that I had worn the day before, including the breast forms, on with me the next morning. On that occasion, I sucked it up and placed them in a bin by themselves, and nothing at all was said about them.

Aspiring Member
    FYI - I did pack the forms in my carry on and nothing was said. Actually I had an adhesive bra which actually are more like enhancers that stick. Also had a pair of small forms in my carry on as well as a padded panty and makeup. Funny, they did stop me to check out the snaps on my pants pockets (cargo pants) but that was it.
    SheriM

Not that I am about to fly with breast forms, but isn't there a danger if you pack them and check them that the reduced air pressure in the cargo hold could cause them to pop or leak?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Not that I am about to fly with breast forms, but isn't there a danger if you pack them and check them that the reduced air pressure in the cargo hold could cause them to pop or leak?
    No, the air pressure in the cargo hold is the same as in the cabin.

I have never had a problem with breast forms. I do dress totally female and there is rarely a pat down. Just as others have said, say OK, make no big deal of it. Also I agree always use your correct ID. Use your real name etc. Don't worry about it. They are just doing there job and are not trying to embarrass you. One thing I agree on is if you are given a pat down have it done right there. You do need to catch your flight not argue with the TSA. It only takes a minute or so and away you go.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post

If you want to carry them onto the airplane in your "carry on" bag, you can, but you need to be aware of a couple of things. They do technically exceed the limit on liquids and gels for a carry on and so it is quite likely to at least get their attention. If you leave them hidden in your carry on, it is likely that they will be noted by the x-ray machine and you will be asked about them. The good news is that as someone else has already pointed out, they are a prosthetic, and are allowed through. The bad news is, that you may have to spend a moment talking to the person running the machine if they flag the bag for them.

On only one occasion have I gone through the screening process as a male while taking my breast forms in a carry on. I got stranded in Detroit overnight on the way to somewhere else, and since I had to be at a meeting the next morning, I had no choice but to go buy a male outfit, and then carry my female outfit that I had worn the day before, including the breast forms, on with me the next morning. On that occasion, I sucked it up and placed them in a bin by themselves, and nothing at all was said about them.
    If I'm not flying dressed, I usually have my forms (and at least a bra and nightie, if not other female clothes) in my carryon. The last several times I've flown (most recently last week) my carryon has been searched, and like Kim I've never had a hassle about the women's stuff. I don't know if was the forms that triggered the search -- maybe my electric toothbrush looked like a weapon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Mythbusters actually tested this - it takes tremendous air pressure changes (a lot more than aircraft cabin pressures) to see ANY change in breast forms, and they don't explode!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Quote Originally Posted by ambigendrous View Post
    Mythbusters actually tested this - it takes tremendous air pressure changes (a lot more than aircraft cabin pressures) to see ANY change in breast forms, and they don't explode!
    There was some concern that terrorists were planning on recruiting small breasted women and fitting them with explosive breast forms, then putting them on commercial flights as suicide bombers.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Shari, as far as I know they are not detectable by the body scanner and the pass through x-ray machine will show some sort of "bag" mass which the screener will want to look at. TSA could care less as long as there is no violations. Now, the walk through and body x-ray scanners will detect the metal in your bra which will require further investigation and the body x-ray machine could show an outline of a bra so once again be preparred for (maybe) further investigation.

I usually travel quase-drab meaning underdressed and the first time I traveled after the new security measures I didn't know you had to take your shoes off. There I am standing in a line of people waiting to be screened wearing brown nylons. Oh-yeah, many people noticed.

Today was the first time that I have been stopped while having my forms in my carry on suitcase. Maybe its just been luck, but coming thru the airport today, my bag was flagged for a check, and put to the side. I immediately requested for a private search, and the older TSA agent did not hear me, and proceeded to place the suitcase on the examining table at the end of the roller rack. I unlocked the case, and before opening, he pointed to the area that was flagged by the female TSA agent watching the monitor. I again said that I requested a private search, and informed him quietly that they were my breast forms. He opened the bag, just reached in the corner and pressed down on the plastic bag that my bra and breast forms were in, and just smiled and said ok. He zipped up my bag and took it back tot he x-ray scanner, where he pointed out to her what was there. Maybe it was easier, but I also had a killer pair of Vince Camuto black stiletto platform pumps, along with a pair of my regular work dress shoes, so I'm sure that the female screener took a better look, saw the heels and my shoes that were the same size, and realized what she was was indeed my forms. At no time were any of the agents improper, except for not honoring my private search request, and once I reiterated that request, they did not open and expose everything-they were very courteous and professional....of course I was out of state at the time!

Banned Read only
    I travel internationally about 20 times each year and about 100 times domestically. About 1/3 of the time I'm en femme. I can't tell much difference in the way I'm treated whether I'm wearing Lara or carrying her in a bag. If anything, I'm treated better en femme.

For those who may travel abroad frequently, I would suggest looking into the Global Entry program through US Customs. . .http://www.globalentry.gov. . .if you're willing to jump through all the hoops, this makes it much easier to get into and out of the US at major airports. Plus, it opens the door for some perks with the TSA domestically. For me, it was well worth the effort.