Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting hubby a nightgown, need a little bit of help.

Sounds like it's time for forced feminization. Or could the tool be a sewing machine for doing alterations? I had a gf once that bought me several pairs of panties for Christmas and I was in heaven!

I also wear an xl in mens shirt and If I was buying that nightgown I would get the 2xl might be a little loose but beter then a little tight.

Maybe he's a little shy or embarrassed about you buying things for him right now. Or maybe he just really wants that new tool.

Either way, just let him know the offer for a nightie or other feminine gift stands, either for Christmas or later.

May be he is hoping to avoid answering the question "what did she get you for Xmas?"
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 12-01-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCD View Post
    I didn't ask a question, I made a statement. and I am not trying to create conflict,!
    No you're not, you're following her round the board stalking her threads because you don't believe she's a GG. Well let me tell you something, you can knock it off, or you won't be on this board capiche?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by WIFE View Post
    My hubby is a CD'r, but only dresses in our home now. I'm thinking of getting him a nightgown for Christmas. This will be the first gift I've given him for CD'ing in 20 years of marriage. I want to make him happy, I really do.
    If you give him that gift, and you tell him WHY you are giving it to him, he will completely love it. The great thing about getting some kind of feminine clothing, it gives validation and acknowledgement to a part of him that he has held sacred and dear, a part of him he has protected.

So I picked out this nightgown because it doesn't accentuate the breasts much, but is also in soft silky material that I think he likes.
    The size though...right now he's a 1X in mens shirts, so would I probably have to get him a 2X in this woman's nightie? I thought maybe some of you would have more knowledge on how the sizes transfers between male and females.
    Men's T-shirts is a terrible way to measure. If he's 1x then he's probably 3x as a girl. 1x on a man would probably be a 2x - a 44 inch chest, and a 36-38 inch waist. With the style of nightie, you might still be safe with the women's 2X size.

http://www.womenssizechart.com/

Men's chest size is in his jacket, and waist size is on his pants.

Thanks!!

Di

I tried to attach a picture, but it won't work. Suffice it to say it's a black baby doll nightie with sort of a peasant top neckline. I'll try to put the link in here one more time:

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/...Type=G&pref=ps

Silver Member
    If you don't get the size perfect, don't worry. Just remember to keep the receipt, and if it doesn't fit you can always exchange it.

More importantly, I am sure you husband will love it and treasure it since it is a special gift from you! Every time he puts it on, he will think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCD View Post
    "One other problem...every since he started shaving his legs and armpits I've found that I cannot seem to participate sexually with him. It is a turn off for me. I've tried to talk myself out of feeling this way, but those smooth legs and arms just bother me sexually. I am attracted to manly men, and this is so feminine. I don't like it."

I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around a wife that has known for sometime her SO crosses, dislikes her SO shaving, fearful it may escalate, is attracted to manly men would seek advice on the purchase of a nightgown...
    Wrong Thread... This is a whole new wife!! Hi Wife and welcome. =)

I have found that since I am a little shorter in height, but a little chubbier around the mid section that one size larger doesn't always work. I am a small - Medium in men, which means that I am a medium to large in women. Night gowns tend to be a little bit on the looser side because they are meant to hang and flow and without him wearing breast forms I would say it would be a comfortable guess that 1 to 2 sizes larger would be the best way to go. The only thing that I would warn against is the sizing online because a lot of the sizes I have bought online have never really truly matched the sizing specified. You have to find a site that is "true to size" because if you don't that's a lot of hassle nobody wants to deal with and I mean NOBODY wants to deal with. Unless you are monk the detective, which is O.C.D. about everything then there is really no reason to justify the time with junk sites rather than good sites.

Angela

Ya a baby doll with a peasant top sounds hot. How about a corset with a matching tutu. with that you can help him get into it, plus there is nothing like a married couple working together.
    Last edited by Davena Doll; 12-01-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    As best I can tell looking at the size charts on the site, and reading through wikipedia, that store's 1X should be suitable if your husband normally wears 1X.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Di, I think you've made a wonderful selection; I love the Amoureuse nightgowns and have quite a few myself! Woman Within is also a very easy company to deal with in terms of orders, returns, and so forth. (This also applies to the other affiliated brands, like Roaman's, Jessica London, and BCO.)

The most important measurement for dresses, and dress-like garments such as nighties, is the bust measurement. If you can measure your husband around the fullest part of his chest, that should translate straight to a size. If need be, add a couple inches if that would change to the next size up; going one size larger than strictly indicated is usually OK. I wear a 2X in those gowns myself, and my male shirts are either 2XL or 3XL, if that helps.

You deserve an extra hug for being so thoughtful.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Surprise him and get him both...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm gonna say he probably just wants the new tool instead. What kind of tools btw?

I don't really want a nightgown, maybe he doesn't either, or maybe he likes them but still would like the tools more?
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

Getting it in the correct size is sometimes difficult. It's important to remember it is the thought that counts. In 38 years of marriage I have had several occasions where my SO has had to exchange something even though the tag said the correct size. In that style I would try the 2X.

I like the lace top shown on the same page better.

http://www.womanwithin.com//clothing...pc&rec=Certona

I bet he wants both...but it's difficult for a male to say, yes I want a nightie...so he went back to male hidey mode.

To me cross dressing is a tool. A tool to reach inside and release the inner woman inside of me. Trust me, I have returned women's clothes for tools in the past. It all depends on what mode you are in. Take him shopping and go through the women's section before you look at the tools, he will want both, I would.

Take Care,

I buy alot from woman within looking at the size chart for that item i thing your hubby would fit in a 1x that is a 22 24 in womens i am 6'1" wear a 48 long jacket in mens and that i would buy the xl which is 18 20 w of course waist size if he is 42 or larger i would go with the 2x Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Aspiring Member
    I bought this chemise at J.C. Penny in pink and just love it. Comfortable and feels wonderful. The top even gives the illusion of breasts. Makes me feel very feminine.

What a wonderful idea to give him a nightgown. You are a special woman.

Whatever you give him he will love and adore you all the more. Hey, get matching ones!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very pretty! What a nice thoughtful gift You can always exchange it if it doesn't fit, but I'd go with the 1X

My wife and I stopped buying each other presents for Christmas and birthdays many years ago. We found we were just wasting money because she didn't really know what I wanted and I didn't really know what she wanted. It's the same money really. If I want or need something, I buy it. Same for her. We exchange cards, that's it.

As far as dressing goes, we shop together. We buy clothes for her and clothes for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think it was a helluva overture from you to even offer. Maybe he would rather have a tool. Maybe he's deferring in order to put you at ease over his crossdressing. I find that I want only one thing from my own wife this Christmas. I want her acceptance of me, that's all.

But if she were to buy me a nightie, it would make my day.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Much mind reading going on here. As usual.

SOME people would rather shop alone for various things. Possibly most things, where they can take as much time as they want.

WHY can't he prefer a tool? Being a CDer doesn't stop him from being a man.

Does it?????

A nightgown seems like a "loaded" gift, because one wears it to bed, or the bedroom. Maybe he's embarassed and doesn't want to be seen in it. Maybe he chose the tool because he doesn't want to let you down. If you really want to get something for "her", perhaps a gift for everyday would make him change his mind. Something like a pair of clip-on earrings, a necklance, even a bottle of perfume. My two cents.
    Last edited by Jana; 12-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.

<--- his reaction in three days.

Truly, he is probably still a little tentative about this. One thing about presents, they are always welcome and when they come from the heart even more. Don't drop the idea totally. Usually we are telling the husband to go slowly. But take your time, this can be over whelming for both of you
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,