Thread: May I help you?

Complex Lolita...

May I help you?

[SIZE="2"]I find it to be infinitely amusing when someone takes issue (strongly) with something I wrote and submitted, only to “visit” my profile page later on! It amuses me because I almost NEVER check out who I’m dealing with, meaning the face/philosophy/clothing decisions/entity that I bumped into unceremoniously during a discussion. I take someone’s words at face value, constructing an image in my mind from found materials, so I’m not going to drop by for a quick peek through the keyhole, any time soon, to see your exhibited soul. From my own experience I know that you are pretty much exactly what you write, more than what you will “show” me, so what’s the point in looking at an abstraction? I apologize to all TG individuals who are what they ARE – we “mere” MtF crossdressers dress up to reveal ourselves, even though a certain amount of subterfuge is going on at all times. With that in mind, if you don’t like what I wrote, and it has rankled you to the point of posting a heated response, why are you stopping by for a visit? Are you…interested…in me? I guess I should be flattered…

I don’t think I even visit the profile pages of my friends on this site, for crying out loud – well, once in a Blue Moon, I suppose, to drop a quick message of encouragement or something to that effect. Mainly I post in the main body of the forum, usually MtF, trying to avoid any political/historical/cultural threads that may pop up in other, more communal settings. I prefer to use PM’s as a form of communication, bordering on the intimate at times and of a slightly different “tone” than my public countenance. Being here is akin to one’s daily devotion, as evidenced by my avatar. I guess I like to pull up a chair, cross my ladylike legs, and settle into a one-on-one discussion rather than spread myself around. If YOU write something I don’t like, I’ll take my emotional temperature and either A) craft an equally pointed response, B) look for another, less vitriolic topic, or C) avoid the issue entirely. I will NOT visit your profile page, however – you can rest easy…

If you don’t see my name amongst the “recently viewed” list on your profile page, don’t give up hope – I may still be thinking about you! I’m reminded of a witty remark that Francis Bacon (the famous painter) once said. One day, a young artist approached him and asked him to stop by his studio to evaluate his paintings. Bacon was indifferent, but the younger artist persisted. Finally, an exasperated Bacon said, “I don’t want to come to your studio, because I’ve seen your tie!” In a similar vein, I may have read your words, which I don’t agree with, so there is no need to go further, but if I like your words I may send you a private message that expresses that sentiment. There are many people on this site that don’t like me, or don’t like what I write, but they always manage to routinely stop by my profile page. Go figure. I imagine they’re looking in to see if I’ve left the premises, hoping and praying that there will be NO avatar, NO profile image, and a cryptic “Goodbye cruel crossdressing world...” visitor message from myself. I’m sorry to disappoint. In any event, thanks for visiting, and, as always, thanks for reading. May I help you? Do you like what I let you see?
    [/SIZE]

I may not often respond to your thought provoking posts,however,I have borrowed a some of your thoughts when I respond to posts on related subjects...such as the "queer" label being used in describing us...I wholeheartedly agree ! Keep up the smart thoughts!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

A very good expression of you. (At least I would like to think, as I do not know you)
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

May you help me???!!

Yes, Freddy, you may help me. And you have helped me. More than you will ever really know, in fact . . . .

Your love, friendship, compassion, and understanding have been instrumental in my development and acceptance of self.

You have been there to remind me of the beauty of life, and to indulge in the same with me! To whisper and speak of fantasies, truths, hopes, desire, and dreams!!!

Love and beauty is what life is ultimately about, and you own me on both accounts. You always have . . . .

I have been silent for too long now, and I apologize for that.

As for the naysayers, they deserve not your attention, time, or consideration. They are not worth the battle . . . .

Love,

Anne

I somehow end up on profile pages by accident, I'm still trying to figure out this here iPad. Argh.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Have u considered this, Freddie? Maybe folks prefer to spend 2 minutes to study your profile instead of the 15 minutes it takes to read your posts? I love your thot provoking posts! But, always seem to fade after the first paragraph--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Freddy, I don't know whether you have read my profile and don't care! I rarely look at it myself.

I don't think I agree with docrobby about the time it takes to read some of your posts. Yes, some of them are quite long, but they are thought provoking and neither I nor the post fade!! Keep up the good work, please!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

We (Kristi means 'we' as in many of us, and also in the 'royal 3rd person', as she is in just that kind of a mood this evening...:-) ) _love_ what you let us see- even if we do not necessarily agree with it. You ask wonderful questions, and answer them thoughtfully. Repeatedly.

Any strong position will be a little abrasive, that's simply social physics (now Kristi is sounding like a character from a Heinlein novel (Friday, perhaps, but preferably Deety)), but Frederique needs to understand that kind of committed investment is attractive- the simple version is 'smart is sexy', Kristi tends to think of her own maxim- 'competence is always preferable to incompetence', taken from her days of dating as a male, and years of keeping medical equipment running.

yes Freddie, we love you, just like your namesake Farouk Bulsara (aka Freddie Mercury)- a true artist faithfully throwing themselves into their passion. Many will find reason to kvetch and such, but ultimately, what remains is a beautiful spirit that we were gifted to share for a time.

Kristi just hopes you find some measure of happiness as well, because you add so much to so many of us.

Chin up kiddo, and keep wearing those awesome white blouses- they do you and your avatar truly exceptional justice. :-)

Last edited by Krististeph; 12-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.

I quite often read at least 96 percent of your posts and I find them all thought provoking.
    Sometimes I do have to read them more than once to find the salient points.
    Some are better than others because we all have an off day don't we?
    Keep up the good work Frederique.
    I await your next post.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i dont know if this will make any difference in how you look at a lot of us here,but i happen to read all of your posts and think of how much thought you have put into your posts.i for one do enjoy your posts,although they are a little long,they are very descriptive.so thank you for your thoughts

I know what I'll do....!

Heh heh heh.......

I'll pop in on the ol' profile page just so you wonder what I'm up to! Heh heh!''

I'm so sneaky!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Freddie, as usual, you do seem to love to stir up the pot! Evoking strong opinions is a tribute to your writing, and your writing is a highlight,on this site!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Platinum Member
    Actually when I peruse CD.com with my iPad, I often inadvertently hit the author's name instead of the thread link...and end up at a profile page by accident. To all those who have seen that I visited without leaving a note, I didn't mean to be there...just have fat fingers.

I'm sorry if some members take exception to your posts. I find them "provocative" in the most positive sense - that is to provoke thought. I re-read "How to Read a Book" recently...which reminded me that reading is more than sifting through text to find a few morsels I can agree with. And if done well, can become an active conversation with the author...even if that author has been long gone from this earth. I enjoy our conversations.

Frederique, your profile was one of the first I visited when I joined (after lurking for a few months), only because I wanted to know more about this wonderful, intelligent, articulate person who helped me understand myself. Thanks to you (and others), for at least lighting the torches along the path of knowledge.
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

The avvy pic isn't me
    In the immortal words of one Mr. Spock........

Fascinating.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, you all have help me in one way or another.

Banned Read only
    Who cares who looks at your profile page? It means absolutely nothing.

Great post as always Freddie... I love everything I read of yours. Can't remember if I dropped by you page... probably did when I befriended you (or was it vice versa) because that is where the link is. But I have now realised that I NEVER look at who has visited my page... fascinating! To be honest, it has never occurred to me!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Banned Read only
    Profiles are just like CDers. No two flavors exactly alike. And even though, I doubt few use this as a Dating site, the purpose of the profile is no different, It allows every person an OPPORTUNITY to disclose as little or as much about themselves as they wish. Yeah, people are SUPPOSED to be honest but clearly many on Dating sites might be a bit delusional. Why would this site be any different?

We would still be livng in caves carrying clubs instead of Ipads if at least SOME men/women were not curious? "They" say "curiosity killed the cat". Yeah probably a few no doubt. But I'll bet it made at least a few just a wee bit more aware of what makes the world tick too. WHY do "they" say cat's have nine lives? I think because they ARE curious!. I think most cats are not going to know what a mousetrap is UNTIL they stick their foot in one? Better to learn on a mousetrap than a rat trap on a first encounter?

I probably look at 10 profiles a day here. Easily. Maybe twice that many daily, back when I was on Dating sites. How much effort is involved in a mouse click? Going to a profile doesn't mean I have to read any or all of it. Sometimes I see their age listed and I know IMMEDIATELY why they posted such nonsense and back I go to the thread...two or three seconds later. Some have pics, some don't. Some have wild avatars. Some have posted something really brilliant and almost as likely, some I believe, HAD to be under the influence of something, when they posted whatever it was they posted. Often, what little bit is in their profile, tells you exactly where they are coming from. If someone posts with a problem, IF I am going to be able to offer any advice, reading their profile often gives important clues, they often leave out of the OP.

Profiles are there for a reason. Actually a whole lot of reasons. You WILL find fluctuations in your profile views - the ratios of the open/hidden surfers - just by changing out your pic. Which is the foundation of this MtF CDing thing. Vision. Nothing at all mysterious about it. The popularity of the photo gallery does not lie.

I think the REAL Q, is why so many choose to HIDE their surfing habits, while they engage in Forums.

It's because so many are AFRAID. Visiting a profile does not mean anyone at any site finds one hot, attractive, and/or wants to marry them.

Does it?

Your last 8 words say it all. Too bad so few will ever get there.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I am a short story kind of girl, most times, and depending on my mood, I sometimes read your posts and sometimes I don't, but that is the same with alot of posts, either I do or I don't, just as I am sure their are some who don't read mine, but sometimes they do.

As far as visiting, I visit alot of profiles just to read a bit more about them, like where they are from, which may give me a clue as to wether we will ever meet in person.

So keep writing your stories and insights, and maybe I will read them, and maybe I won't,but it is nice to have the choice to read them if they are available.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Complex Lolita...
    [SIZE="2"]This is one of those rare instances whereby I wrote something off the top of my wig-covered head (light auburn, FYI), just for the sake of writing something. A strange topic for discussion, to be sure, and not to be taken too seriously! Please consider this to be a “warm-up” exercise – something wicked (I mean lengthy) this way comes, dearest friends…

Still, it remains to be seen – why would anyone check me out after a divisive, wordy exchange? Is it a case of “Who IS this trollop, anyway?” It feels a bit like they’re following me home! Hold that thought – someone’s knocking at the door...
    [/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Ok, this one I can swallow and answer, Freddie. Your posts r kind of deep, varied, and scatological. I believe I checked your profile after reading a couple of your posts to see whether u were CD or TS. And, to check out your age and local. I've found it DOES make a difference!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member

Please Don't !!

Hi Freddy, Please don't change anything your threads are always quite interesting and thought provoking.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Do you know that some folks are constantly fiddling with/updating/rewriting/tweaking their profiles? Because they are bored? Or lazy? Or... maybe they are up to no good?

And the trouble with Forum members in general and Forum Dinos in particular who "whine"? It seems a common Forum Dino trait to forget that Forum participation is a CHOICE. If you find something too long to read, there are normally dozens of other options.

One last thing. Just because someone visits at your profile, does not mean they like or dislike you.

Does it?

I can't imagine why you have gotten all riled up about this. Just send them a pm on how you feel and move on. You like to write long posts; go for it. I personally do not read them for that very reason but thats my choice. I really don't care if you write for a 72 hour marathon; that's entirely up to you. Have you ever pondered how many members here, or anywhere for that matter, lie in their profile pages; ages, addresses, education, employment, the list goes on. In a virtual world of lies/secrecy, people need to remember this is a public forum on the WWW and anything said or read here or anywhere needs to be weighed with some very forgiving guidlines. I learned a long time ago to never assume anything. You know the rest of that statement. (giggles) And now I shall peek at your profile page just to see what you have posted there. Rarely ever look at my own so I best go there also. No idea why though.
    Last edited by jillleanne; 12-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.