Thread: Came out to wife

Came out to wife

After 7 months of hiding, I admitted a couple of weeks ago that I enjoy dressing in women's clothing to my wife!

She didn't freak! Of course, I told her right after we made love, and reiterated that I'm hetero! Here only comment was that I could wear her clothes! I've since started sharing her nail polish and mine, and she's given me a tube of lip stick that is so close to my real lips color you can't tell!

She says if I talk about it too much it skeeves her out; so one reference a week is all I'm bringing up now. But she's definitely seen me in polish, lipstick, and panties!

Thank God, I love that woman so!

Yay so happy for you girl. Take it easy and things will get better. Don't forget to spoil her too.

Hugs

Jen xxx
    How do I feel about my SO. Chris de Burgh - Forevermore, says it all.

Be sure to take it slowly, and check in with her frequently to see if she has any questions or concerns. Often times, a GG will take it as just a kink in the beginning, and when she discovers that it is more than this she may start to be concerned. There is nothing in your wife's internal landscape that can come close to understanding what motivates you to express a feminine gender, so she can only frame it for herself in the most superficial terms in the beginning.

So be sure to keep the lines of communication wide open and on your side, be sure to know what motivates you and what you believe are your future goals.
    Reine

Good beginning hope it continued to go well

The best thing you can do during this time is to be a particularly thoughtful husband. Her positive reaction is to be nurtured, not assumed!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Glad you managed to tell your wife, it's going to be a slow journey, I find I have to be extra nice and caring as she needs to feel that really nothing has changed and also I think she realises that now everything is out in the open and I am doing what makes me happy then our marriage will be better xxx

She has given you the ground rules already, obey them.
    Go slow and TRY not to talk about it unless asked.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Drag hard
    Shag harder

Make sure she knows how much you love and appreciate her. Take her to dinner at her favorite restaurant. Take her shopping for clothes. Make sure there's something in it for her.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Dear sister,
    The other ladies have given you lots of great advice. I agree and would emphasize how important it is that you continually show your partner special sincere deep love - which is obviously much easier if you really love her like you seem to. Jewelry and lingerie are wonderful but massages are even better. Lots of massages!! And a good woman loves a partner that can cook her a great meal AND do the dishes. My wife also really appreciates her Steph's service as her "garden slave."

Wonderful advice ladies! Thank you!

Platinum Member
    Its good that you came out. Now you need to let the dust settle and try to engage her in occassional conversation about her questions and how she feels.

Glad to hear that you came out.. I can't give you any other advise that all ready hasn't been stated here. My journey has been a happy one since I told my wife. I wish you one also.

Jessica

Not muxh else I can add all the girls have given you some very good advise. Just remember not to forget about her feelings and become self centered. Its so much nicer with a willing partnee. Congrates on coming clean to her.
    Hugs
    Renee

That is AWSOME! I hope that when I tell my wife she takes as well as yours did congratulations and enjoy you new freedom.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Pay heed to what Reine and Eryn said, they are very wise.

It will take some time to see where she really stands on this, so tread carefully.

Wonderful, it's always great to hear when it goes well! But now that it's no longer a secret, resist the urge to fall into a "pink fog."

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    Wonderful, it's always great to hear when it goes well! But now that it's no longer a secret, resist the urge to fall into a "pink fog."
    Jamie,I fight it everyday!
    I had ankle surgery Monday, and am hobbling around for the next 4 weeks; which definately puts a kink in my pink fog. I already miss toe nail polish, dressing, and my breast forms!

This morning my wife pointed out that I might want to cinch up my sweats since my neon pink Victoria Secrets panties were showing, and it might give our children pause for concern!

On a brighter side, I'm traveling to Pittsburgh tomorrow for business so my treat is going to be shaving ALL the hair off my bod (except for the ankle/leg that the Dr.) will exam again in 7 days...