Thread: How to explain the feeling...

Smile How to explain the feeling...

How do you explain how good it feels to crossdress to a non crossdresser? The relief it provides is amazing, the happiness I feel is more than I've ever felt in my life. What comparable feeling is there that someone else can relate to short of drugs. Drinking doesn't compare. Any thoughts? Jaymee

My first few times out enfemme were very much like the first time i jumped out of an airplane.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I explained to my wife (and a few others) that it's an internal drive that neither I nor anybody else has beeen able to explain. Others still won't be able to understand it, though, It's like trying to convince someone who doesn't like broccoli why you like it.

I really don't wish to explain anything to a non believer or a skeptic.
    I have enough explaining all this to myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Simply put, for those of us so inclined, CDing is one of those positive activities that releases endorphins into our system. Years ago my psychologist told me that CDing was my "drug of choice". It is possible to enjoy it without being addicted to it however.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have that feeling now - a depth of satisfaction and fulfilment. My SO has been away for nearly a week and I have to collect her tomorrow. For six days I have been Rona and tonight, sitting here with a glass of fine wine, I am dressed in all my finery and fully made up and will dine by candlelight. My contentment is complete. By tomorrow, Rona must be all packed away and I am not certain when I will see her again, probably not till next year. Let us eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we revert to male. Seasons Greetings.

Platinum Member
    I didn't express my feelings that way to anyone that I've come out to. Its not a emotional rush for me, not some kind of euphoria. I dress because I feel like I am myself...being myself isn't a high, its just "normal", valid, and authentic.

I can't answer it. It just feels good!!! I totally understand your feelings.
    Di

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It is like trying to explain skating on ice to someone who doesn't know that water can be found in a solid form.

Try explaining ice cream to someone who has never seen or had it. They probably never had it because they don't have refrigeration either.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I like what I like and since it hurts no one else, there's no objection to doing it.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My first few times out enfemme were very much like the first time i jumped out of an airplane.....
    Was it still flying??? Yes it is a thrill to get totally dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    I can't answer it. It just feels good!!! I totally understand your feelings.
    Di
    I have been doing this for 60 + years, And it just feels rite to put on a bra and a dress, even just
    to sit around the house. A relaxing moment to savor.
    Rader

I tried to explain to my GF. She is the type that needs to have questions answered. Since I can't give her a solid answer she always is asking to see if I can make her understand better. I told her if I knew exactly why that she would be the first to know. Its sometimes is frustrating to her cause I always answer her questions very precisely. I just tell her, that's just the way I am. I stopped questioning it a long time ago.

For me it's a matter of balance. When my outward expression is congruent with how I feel inside, I'm more in balance.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I saw this cartoon yesterday and it spoke to me:

http://sveidt.deviantart.com/art/Exp...ence-320898626
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

You can't they will never understand, I am dyslexic and when I was younger and my teacher would say why can't you read my answer was I don't know but if they would ask what I see or how I feel I could have told them. They still would have not understood why I could not read.

Dressing as a woman feels very natural to me, and I just feel so good being dressed that way. Dressing male takes little imagination, dressing female takes a great deal of thought, and putting on makeup is a great joy and makes me feel so much more attractive.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 12-04-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I would just say...sometimes I am a boy and sometimes I am a girl.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't even explain it to most of the members here! Many may have forgotten the feeling.

My dressing euphoria is like a roller coaster ride. Or, maybe jumping out of a plane. Except it LASTS a lot LONGER!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-04-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    It would be quite hard for a lot of people to explain how they are feeling and why but as far as I am concerned I would say:

My most over-riding emotion when fully dressed is happiness. I also feel somehow liberated, more attractive, I think I look younger, I'm less stressed, I somehow kinda feel "softer inside", and I generally feel relaxed, happy and fulfilled. It's almost like some kind of "mild self-affirming contentment drug".

I think I feel the way I do because my gender (the sex of my brain) is more aligned with what is considered typically female. It's difficult for me to fit the standard mold of a "man" in society that's to say when I compare myself to other males. I find relief from these societal male expectations when I present myself as a female and try my best to be accepted as such.

I also happen to believe that many of my best qualities reside with my feminine side—qualities such as sensitivity, tenderness, empathy, helpfulness, and patience. Expressing my femininity makes me feel all the things I've just mentioned, while suppressing it causes me stress, anxiety, and irritability.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    Composing music comes very close second and then getting people to listen and receiving compliments on it is a total buzz!
    Very similar 'high' I get with both dressing and music,creativity.

Hugs Victoria P oxoxo

I tell my wife that the feeling I get is exactly the same as she gets when she puts on a favorite set of sweats, or that comfy outfit of jeans and T-shirt.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Ask a woman why she prefers to dress like a lady, and what she gets out of it. For me, I want some o' dat too!....dunno why, I just do.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    CDing is one of those positive activities that releases endorphins into our system
    Ah...and therein lies the rub...
    if everyone viewed CD-ing as a 'positive activity', we wouldn't have so many people expressing shame, guilt, and stress, now would we?

Quite a thought-provoking question. I guess the answer for me is that there is really nothing in my other experiences that compares. If I could get the same blend of peace, happiness, and thrills from something else in my life, I think I'd become addicted to it!