Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late Bloomers! Is it possible that anyone here...

Banned Read only

Late Bloomers! Is it possible that anyone here...

started dressing after age 10?

THAT ^^^ would be a foolish question, now wouldn't it, so that's NOT the question.

The question is, [for those of you who DID start after 10] do you remember the items you sarted with?

I'm guessing it wasn't granny dresses and flats?

If you started after 10, do you consider yourself "born this way"?

Resident huguenot Nocturnal Kaylee's Avatar
    There are tons of people who didn't start to dress until their teens. I don't remember starting until 12 or so.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    OK, gonna have to put some conditions on my response. at 8 I wore my moms bra, and used a towel as hair to make a shadow. Not more dressing until age 65, last year. Did i start at age 8? Does it matter, cause here I am now?

My first item in my awakening last year was panties. My awakening has ignited a shitload of repressed memories/behaviors that indicate I had these leanings, but never acted.

Was i born with this. I think yes, but I must have been mentally challenged in my youth to avoid it all.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    Starting, if defined literally dressing in a woman's garment, may have come later for some than others. For me, it was preschool. But even before trying on that first slip I knew and my family knew that something...whatever it was...was different about me. The first time is about opportunity, not desire.

Iwas a very late bloomer in my 60's. Can't really think of any one thing that got me started. Maybe wearing make up, but not sure. Don't think I was born that way, but who really knows. As time goes by my involvement gets greater and greater and I push my limits all the time.

It was the early 60’s and girls my age were just beginning to shave their legs, wear stockings and makeup, and becoming rounder than I had remembered them in elementary school. While I was attracted to them, I was also spending less time thinking about my own changes and too much time thinking about theirs. What it must be like to swirl a skirt, put on makeup, shave my legs, walk in heels. I remember having dreams of wearing girls clothes prior to that but had never considered actually putting something on until that day – a few months shy of my fourteenth birthday. It was a one piece bathing suit – and I loved how it felt and I knew I had to try other things.

Banned Read only
    Barbara, you are a hoot and you are beautiful; it's hard to believe you didn't get serious about this until recently. You got me to thinking, though. I wore my first lingerie when I was very, very young and continued to do so into my teens. But I didn't actually start putting on dresses, heels, makeup and such until I was about 35 or so. And I didn't begin going out in public dressed until my early forties. So when DID I start "dressing?"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It never occurred to me to try on women's things until I was over 50. I mean, I'm a guy rite? Until then, the only thing I wanted out of women's clothes was the woman inside them!

The first thing I tried on was some abandoned women's jeans. I was so excited by the experience, a year later I tried on some other abandoned ladies things. And then, things kind of snowballed!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-05-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I purchased my first pair of high heel shoes 3 years ago and began to CD.

Every single young boy wears some item of Mommy's clothing or clomps around in her pumps, but that doesn't make them crossdressers.

Although I played around with feminine things sporadically throughout my life I didn't connect the dots that said "crossdresser" until I was in my 50s. The item I started with was panties.

Now, was I "born this way?" I think so, but I was also born with the ability to suppress my feminine side and I exercised it for a very long time.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I started dressing before first grade, and it was on from there! By 10 I had whole outfits planned!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Banned Read only
    Ok, so it looks as if thus far, no one started with granny dresses or flats. The night is still young though.

I had better reply to this one. I think the item was panties, although I can remember a girdle too. But I was probably the only one who did those kind of things back then. No sure what age though I have been saying 12 could have been younger no records. Barbara and Eryn and I started fully dressing long after that I think. I believe if they think about it they did something in between. I wore nightgown to bed and my wife's shoes and other things. But only dressing fully the last couple of years. Did any body else wear anything else in the in between years?

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Although I put on some panties and a bra a couple of times in my teens and found it exciting my crossdressing didn't take off until my late 30's. I happened to put on a thong one day and found it felt so sexy and arousing and I loved the feeling of femininity it created. Things took off from there firstly with lingerie, swimsuits and mini-skirts and very soon I was becoming fully dressed, including a wig, make-up and jewellry . I couldn't believe the incredible pleasure it gave me and have been making up for lost time ever since but I've never had the feeling that I was born this way.

I think it was petticoats, and a french maids outfit that I bought at a halloween store about 15 years ago.

I don't remember thinking much about crossdressing until I first put on a pair of panties when I was 13 or 14. I don't remember whether the first pair was my sister's or mothers - both wore beautiful soft nylon briefs (that probably dates me - huh?) But - does not matter - they were wonderfully exciting and I continued to borrow them from the hamper during my teen years. But the concept of crossdressing started with the occasional small advertisement in the far back pages of Penthouse or Playboy for a place called Michael Salem's TV boutique. This must be where nature took over from nurture. I was curious, interested and excited by the thought and soon my panty wearing was supplemented with the rare chance to try on bras and slips. I think from that point on, I was hooked (two in the back). Naturally, my crossdressing has taken a lot of twists and turns through jobs, moving, marriage, kids, etc Lots of purges, but I'm still at it even though I am still in the closet except to my friends online.

It wasn't as much about the dressing as it was how I felt. From a very early age since I was self aware, I would project myself into my toys. I always, always was the cow girl figure rather than the cow boy figure. If someone told me I was the cow boy, I would work the scenario around in my head to somehow transform into the cowgirl. I remember I also had some cards with cowboy pictures on them. My favorite was the "Boss lady". I realized from that that not only could I look good but be in charge as well. The dressing came a bit later to reinforce these ideas.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It was Mom's playtex girdle and thigh-hi's. I was five. After that I didn't give crossdressing much thought until I was in my twenties. Then it was all lingerie and garter belts. In my forties it was full-on hair and make-up and soccer mom apparel.

I have two dear friends (who have already posted above) who are absolutely adorable late-bloomers. While I cannot convey what their experiences have been or what actually resides in their hearts, I can say that in getting to know them, there is something innate in their femininity which I dare to say has always been there, at least to some degree.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Just because you don't start doing it before age 10 doesn't mean you weren't born that way. For example, most of us developed normal sexual desires in our teens. We were born this way, even if we didn't feel this way at age 10.

I remember my mother using me as a model when she sewed dresses for her nieces (I had no sisters). I didn't like it then because I tought it was wrong for a boy to wear a dress. I was probably about five years old at the time.

I started trying on my mother's bra and panties in my early teens. My bedroom was next to the laundry room and the rest of the family just threw their dirty clothes down the stairs in front of my door.

After that, it was on and off, mostly off until a few years ago.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

i started when i was 11-12 yrs old.....and it was my sisters dresses. I was home alone i know. and idk y i went in her room, i just had that overpowering urge to wear a dress. And since she and i was only 16 months in age..... her clothes usually fit me well.

Good question. I just found this year that some crossdressers didn't start until their 50s which surprised me. I believe that trying on any female clothing in the early years will cause one to return to experimentation at puberty. After that, the memory of that experience stays as well as the desire to repeat the experience.

Hey Wild. I didn't start until after 13 with my mothers girdles. Didn't fully crossdress until I was discharged from the Navy at 23. I bought my first wig at
    28, fell head-over-heels, madly in love with pantyhose at 30. Then internet shopping was invented and the shame and apprehension for buying things
    disappeared and this crossdessing thing took off.....dana

I started early and was dressed up as a baby girl and taken down the street in a pram.
    About 5 or 6.
    The chocolate milk in the baby's bottle was great.
    I bloomed a lot more after I was 10.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.