Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a Big Sister?

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    To ease her into meeting Anne, why not invite her over to your place for dinner or lunch sometime?
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    If your sister's talking like that, she may not be that far from being ready to see Anne in person. But don't get your hopes up, girlfriend; the pianissimo approach is still the right one. Be there for her as male-you, listen, and keep talking.

I've been overjoyed to see how much you've blossomed, and I don't doubt you will continue to do so. Hopefully your sister will be happy with it in the end as well.

- Amy
    Thanks Amy. I know she's curious. Even she seems to want a big sister, she's also afraid of losing her big bro. I'm pretty sure that's why she's not ready to meet Anne.

I had to look up "pianissimo" tho.
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne

Hi Ann, as always I continue to be happy for you and your progress, you give me inspiration. i hope we can hang out again soon and im really sure youll be able to have girls time with your sis soon.as always anything i can do im here
    Formerly Lolisa

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    My advice... well, the first bit is don't 'tell' anyone...just do it. The second bit is, do it when its fun for the other person. Pick a party or fun event where costumes are required and just show your image. Later, if you want to explain anything, at least they have seen you.... so the shock factor is gone. As for transitioning...no idea, I just like to CD sometimes, but I can tell you it took many years to decide I'm happy where I am. I can say by trying it, you learn what to do and I can tell you, your mind can sway pretty far each way when your experience is limited.
    Chickhe,

Thx for you input. Everyone insight is valuable. Helps me to gauge where I am in this wonderfully weird world. Don't think will have costume party anytime soon. So will just wait for opportunity to present itself.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    To ease her into meeting Anne, why not invite her over to your place for dinner or lunch sometime?
    I live in a small apartment and she lives 70 miles away. We meet up to eat sometimes. We're gonna go to movies again this weekend. This time I'm going to her place. I'm gonna go in man mode but bring some girl attire in case she wants to meet her big sister.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Ca View Post
    Hi Ann, as always I continue to be happy for you and your progress, you give me inspiration. i hope we can hang out again soon and im really sure youll be able to have girls time with your sis soon.as always anything i can do im here
    Hey Kelli,
    You're always so encouraging in your comments. My sis is great and hope you get to meet her soon.
    Anne

Went to dinner and movie with sister again last night. We talked for a while during dinner and she was looking at me with this smile...like "I know something you don't know." So asked her what was up. She didn't even realize she was smiling. She told me she talked to one of friends about me (I gave her permission as long as that friend was trustworthy). So????? Friend told my sister she should go shopping with Anne. I got a little excited and I think she was a little excited about the idea too. But, I'm going to let her decide and ask when.
    Anne