Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What other strange HOBBIES might you have?

Mushroom hunting and painting, though I have a BFA in painting, so it shouldn't really be considered a "hobby"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    Mushroom hunting and painting, though I have a BFA in painting, so it shouldn't really be considered a "hobby"
    I play guitar and love to sing. I can do impersonations too. I also do a lot of oil painting landscapes and animals. But mostly I love to sit and think.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I collect K-tel promoted products from the 70's and 80's - Records, 8-tracks, veg-o-matics, Aunt Mary/Betty Ann tailor markers, Bonsia Blades, and Baby Duckling wine bottles.
    I also collect Eaton's stamped or brand items, mostly stockings though.

I have several hobbies, woodworking, homebrew, rocketry, and film photography.
    I am not active in all of these all the time. I tend to take breaks and go back and forth.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I am a comic book collector as well as merchandise such as action figures and dolls that are comic book based. Not as hardcore as I want to be due to a low paying job, but if I had the money and the space, I would have a lot.

For me...modern furniture from the 50's thru the 70's, photography, stamps, world currency, lithography, books, nail polish and I'm sure there are more...LOL

Lots and lots of stuff here. Comics, Video games, Iron working, Para-cord knot tying are just a few.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

I have more hobbies than I can afford. Sometimes I dress like a guy! Really though, I collect cameras, do leatherwork, carpentry, ride motorcycle, used to ride horses, play guitar and trumpet and I have a model railroad................Karen, I have seen one of those nail pullers, they are cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Antique Radios is one of mine both tube and transistor. I have several antique tube radios in working condition including an old floor model Philco. I also am into amateur radio but I haven't been active in that for sometime now as there have been way too many hours at work. I have several other interests that could be hobbies if it weren't for time and money issues. Things such as crystal radio construction and recumbent bike building and riding.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

My lady is an avid antique china and related objects collector and has sparked my interest too. So I've been collecting "vaseline glass", mostly from the early 1900's.

Vaseline glass is so named because of its greenish yellow colour caused by the inclusion of minute traces uranium salts in the glass. It's readily identified by shining it with a UV light source which causes it to fluoresce. The amount of uranium is so low that there is little to no measurable radiation emitted by the green glass using a Radalert 50.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_glass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to (still have the collection, but have not added in years) collect Star Wars action figures, now I mostly collect dresses and shoes . My current hobbies are making chainmail items (working on a chainmail bra for myself) and I dabble in miniature model painting (Lord of the Rings by Games Workshop).

Some people found strange that I like to gowth bamboo

jazz keyboardist, magician, racer, pilot, photographer.....that's all I can think of right now
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I collect Military memorabilia such as rings combat patches, unique stuff like handmade cigarette lighters made out of bullets or whatever they had laying around.
    I had some cool lanterns made out of 40 mm grenade shell casings.Some are WW I and II most are Vietnam era.
    Antique wood working tools are cool as well.Sold my stash of them recently.
    I collect vintage guitars and amps.Build guitars too.
    If its old and a stringed instrument like a banjo,uke,slide guitar/resonator I will have to work out a deal to get it.
    Would love to find some 16th century instruments to tinker with and learn to play.

Started out making stained glass lampshades and windows, it was a great hobby. Then like any fool I started to sell my work,
    when it became a business it was no longer fun.
    Stopped for many years, still make a window now and then.
    Made the one in my picture about 1972.
    Went to northern Calif. in 75 and 76 for some shows and met many of the founding movers in the field, lot of fun.
    Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Stained glass is so cool but gosh it must be time consuming.

Banned Read only
    Common Hobbies:
    • photography
    • camera collecting: a couple of Speed Graphics, an Argus C3, 1970's vintage enlarger
    • serious motorsports fan: number of race tracks that I've been to is now upwards of 25; includes short tracks, superspeedways, dirt, asphalt, road courses (permanent and temporary)
    • diecast collection: small so far, but newest addition is a 1/18 scale laydown Indy roadster that won at IMS in '57 with Sam Hanks and in '58 with Jimmy Bryan; built by George Salih
    • early Macintoshes: Classic II and a IIcx
    One Really Strange Hobby:
    • I like going to high places where ever I happen to be. Current list is: Empire State Building, Sears Tower (now Willis, I think), CN Tower in Toronto, Eiffel Tower, Seattle Space Needle, Coit Tower, Seoul Tower, Taipei 101, Sydney Tower (even did the roof walk!)

Early cameras 1920s large format cameras movie equipment.
    Apple I and II Macintosh 512 K and of course later Apple ranges.
    PDP 4 and 11 mainframes.
    A couple of early IBM's and later.
    Radio Shack range of computers early Model 1s through to later models
    All the operating systems and most computers have to work because I still convert files for people from one system to another.
    Forget about retro clothing and other interests.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I collect credit cards!

Really! I have some from chain stores that no longer exist.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I like walking around in see through wellies full of swarfega ;-)

Not really, I'm a home cinema buff.
    How do I feel about my SO. Chris de Burgh - Forevermore, says it all.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I collect cloisonne pins (which I guess makes me a "pinhead" ). I have a denim jacket so covered in pins, it might well qualify as a bulletproof vest! Many of them are from places I've traveled, or my relatives have. But I also have a few rarities.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels
    What other strange HOBBIES might you have?
    [SIZE="2"]I have a VERY strange hobby – I write about crossdressing on an online discussion forum... [/SIZE]

In the summer, I ride motorcycles ... every twisty road to no where eventually leads to somewhere.
    I also enjoy woodworking ... stopped for a number of years but recently got back into it. One of my first major builds was a full wet bar in the basement (photos are on my facebook account if interested) that I just finished a couple of weeks ago.
    I used to be a very avid trumpet player ... studied classical, played dixieland jazz/swing/big-band mostly.

As for collections - shoes!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Hi.

Being a member of our Edwardian group 1900 to 1914, Do all my clothes design sew & make then wear them for our outings .

As well as our Renaissance group lots of lovely garb,

like doing woodwork & wood turning ,Photography And Archery in my garb all dressed up.

...noeleena...

With my wife, we love to travel (44 states and 20 foreign countries) and read. I also have good building skills and home remodeling is my summer hobby. But most of all, I am an avid living historian/reenactor/collector with my current interest being WW I and WW II. I guess I just like the vintage stuff
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !