Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What other strange HOBBIES might you have?

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Unless the hobby is to do drag for showmanship and is not an inherent need to express a gender opposite than birth, I don't think they'll believe you.

Gender is a fundamental building block of who we ARE. Unlike optional hobbies like playing golf or collecting antiques, everyone has a gender even if, although rare, it involves a combination of traditional male and female traits and preferences. Our gender is not an option.
    I just saw a documentary yesterday evening on Gender. They mentioned countries such as India, Samoa, and one other country where they don't subscribe to the Western mindset of binary gender. In fact, folks that present both male and female gender identity are held in very high regard within some societies.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    I guess it's probably too late to ask which of your hobbies do you spend the most $$$ on?

Yes, Jamie, there have been societies here and there that recognized gender non-conformity. Wiki has general info on this. But, for the most part, larger, more contemporary societies don't condone it. We have members from India who feel they must remain closeted. Not sure about Samoa though. It's a pretty small place.

In my statement above, I was referring to societies where there is a major population concentration. It's no use making a general statement if we are to take the exceptions, or the few, as the norm.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by julie08 View Post
    I collect and play Magic the Gathering. I know, its a geeky thing, but it keeps me sane, almost anyway.
    This would be my main hobby as well, well at least the one I spend the most money and time on at the moment. To tell the truth my wife prefers the dressing over the Magic.
    The key to my heart is a sexy pair of heels.

"She is everything to me
    The unrequited dream
    A song that no one sings
    The unattainable
    Shes a myth that I have to believe in
    All I need to make it real is one more reason"...SlipKnot

I've got a '69 Camaro that I've been restoring slowly over the last 10 years or so. Actually getting close now, and should have it on the road next spring. Other than that, I enjoy doing house renovations and woodworking. I've re-done 2 bathrooms in our house as well as all the trim, baseboards, doors, etc.

Aspiring Member
    As the German helmeted guy would exclaim on 'Laugh-in': "Verrrry interethting!" Eighty posts of special hobbies of CDers and nearly all of them turn out to be masculine hobbies. One would think that wearing feminine clothes might include such feminine interests like quilting, knitting and belly dancing. Nevertheless, what an interesting group of people we have in this forum.

My main hobbies include, or did include, sailing, kayaking and traditional jazz piano.

Ineke

Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    As the German helmeted guy would exclaim on 'Laugh-in': "Verrrry interethting!" Eighty posts of special hobbies of CDers and nearly all of them turn out to be masculine hobbies. One would think that wearing feminine clothes might include such feminine interests like quilting, knitting and belly dancing. Nevertheless, what an interesting group of people we have in this forum.

My main hobbies include, or did include, sailing, kayaking and traditional jazz piano.

Ineke

I alter my dresses Ineke, does that count?
    And I cook, shop and clean too.

I am sooooo girly

Banned Read only
    Everything at my house is dusty because my housekeeper quit on me. So I guess I collect dust. Does that count as a hobby? That includes my library of +25K books.

I love working on cars, my current project is a 1971 Buick Sportwagon. I also build model cars. I collect some Hot Wheels. then there is Motorcycles. MMM see a pattern. Yeah, I'm a motorhead.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Quote Originally Posted by trisha_anne View Post
    This would be my main hobby as well, well at least the one I spend the most money and time on at the moment. To tell the truth my wife prefers the dressing over the Magic.
    I'd give up Magic for my wife to be more understanding about the dressing. Magic is way too expensive.

I enjoy archery as a hobby!! I am pretty passionate about it actually.
    Desiree

I'm into collecting gold. In the way of coins, chains, rings and bars. So far my collection consits of 1 coin and my wedding ring.
    If anybody has any they want to donate in order to help this fledgling hobby blossum, please don't hesitate to contact me

The avvy pic isn't me
    I've become quite fond of my time collection.......and that includes the past 24 hrs.

And if any of you were near death too, you'd understand zactly what i mean.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be strange, but I used to collect computer parts. No matter how old they were, or even if they didn't work. Now I collect Otaku USA magazines and swords. My sword collection is currently only at 1, a replica katana from an anime called Blood+, but I love it so.

I'm also a skateboarder, as a hobby, interest and lifestyle. Would that count too, even though it's not strange and the only strange part about it is that I've never broken a bone in 10 years?

I have many hobbies. I am first and foremost an outdoors nut. Hiking, camping, swimming, you name it. I occasionally make a little extra money as a whitewater guide. Next, I am a nerd. I read a lot, when I can, and also play nerdy games like Magic and WoW occasionally. I also am a musician playing guitar, bass, and singing in a band. I go rock hounding (generic term for some that walks around picking up shiny rocks quasi-aimlessly. Above all, I enjoy learning interesting things and people watching. It's kind of a hobby, I guess, to see someone and imagine a thorough story for them, especially the naughty bits.

I don't have any "strange" hobbies...all of mine are quite sane...We think..........my Precious....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Make.. model... patent date?
    I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I don't have any "strange" hobbies...all of mine are quite sane...We think..........my Precious....
    Lol That's a quote I can relate to.

ps Watching 'The Hobbit' Saturday, a new chapter in my hobby

I was thinking about becoming a bagel head...

search on "bagel-head trend" to see what I'm talking about. Its all the rage in Japan!
    Chickie

i have a couple of other hobbies, working on my jeep, and playing with my home theater set up
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Gold Member
    Since my retirement from Carpentry about 5 years ago, I have been playing with my investments.
    I have done fairly well too. Last year my tax guy told me that I made 4 times the money in the market
    than my wife and myself did while working our last year before retiring. I had to pay the Uncle a lot of
    money. This year I promised the tax guy I would try to behave myself. My wife then asked if I was
    going shopping. Sure I said, why not. LOL
    Rader

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    For me when I have the time my hobbies are cooking, collecting coins, riding my scooter, and collecting PEZ dispencers. I have about 600 Pez dispencers currently and figure when I die my son can get rich selling the them on line.

I collect old pinball machines and posters.
    Debbie Karver

I spend a lot of time working on my home..love solar energy.. but I also play drums in a death metal band.

Reading anything from Stephen King. Oh and watch my favorite basketball team.