Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What other strange HOBBIES might you have?

Banned Read only

What other strange HOBBIES might you have?

I know many don't like that word [understandably...if you were born in the wrong body and have known it since age 3 or 4] and others have no trouble with it. But it IS actually quite accurate for most. Go look up the DEF for it.

IF someone can go weeks, months or years without doing it, Or START at 40, 50 or 60 just WHAT would be wrong with telling some nosey person, "it's one of my hobbies"?

So, anyone here collect Star Wars stuff, old transistor radios, matchbox cars, etc.? Or know anyone else with a "unique" hobby?

I receive and read a ton of magazines. Does that count?

I build models. I am building a 1/32 scale aircraft at the moment but I used to build period ship models.
    The last one took me over two years.

I also pick my nose, does that count.
    Last edited by suzy1; 12-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.

I collect British campaign medals(Egypt /Soudan1882-89).
    Paula
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

I have collect vintage nail pullers from the 1860s thru the early 1900s..... this is my pride and joy.... the Samson Bulldog..... I even have a book on nail pullers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was a hobbyist programmer, but I've lost interest over the past year or so.
    One day I'll have to pick it up again when my motivation is higher.

Maybe not as strange as it is incredibly nerdy.

Karren- That looks like it would hurt. Have you tried cuticle scissors, or nail clippers?-Celeste

I collect guitars (mostly Fender), and purses. Both of these hobbies, tho' not strange, can be financially crippleing.-Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Karren- That looks like it would hurt. Have you tried cuticle scissors, or nail clippers?-Celeste
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! lol. They would have loved these machines..... Back when nails were hand made and expensive... people pulled them out and saved them for reuse.... once they started mass producing nails.... nail puller became obsolete ....

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I enjoy horseback riding and camping.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I build modals. I am building a 1/32 scale aircraft at the moment but I used to build period ship modals.
    The last one took me over two years.

I also pick my nose, does that count.
    No Suzy, picking your nose doesn't count unless you 'collect' the pickin's

I make mathematical models. I have complete sets of the Platonic and Aristotelean polyhedra and am workin on a complete set of the stellations of the icosahedron. If anyone wants to know more about this odd hobby, look up a colleague of mine, Magnus Wenninger, on Wikipedia.

Hannah

I collect military gear, mostly because I am too lazy to get rid of it lol. 70% of the boxes of junk I own, consists of military uniforms, cold weather gear, empty magazines and other crap I've never used that kept getting issued to me.

I also train and run 100+ mile ultra marathons on a fairly regular basis. By "regular" I do mean as often as my body and the military allows me to run them. Would that qualify as a hobby or insanity? Maybe the collection of water bottles I own would be closer to a hobby lol?!

I use to collect vintage gaming consoles like the Atari and Colecovision.

Very cool nail-puller, Karren.

I collect signed baseballs. And I have a small, but rather impressive collection going. Some of the best ones include Willie Mays, Steve Carlton, Bob Gibson, and Stan Musial

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Military models, especially armored vehicles and soft skins. I have a bunch of WWII airplanes that need to be built, B-17's B.C/D, E. F. G and SB. I spend too much time of this site sometimes. I should be modeling. Kids are arguing about who gets to unload dad's stuff.

Oh, they do not know of my collection of slips, over 400 now!

Horse back riding, Shooting, Working on car now I am no a mechanic any more help a friend overhaul his a 302 out of 68 mustang.

I collect bicycles. Well, I don't collect them for collecting, but, there is always a specific need that only this bicycle will fill. Next one on the list is a fat bike for deep snow days.

Fortunately, my GF is as big a bike nut as I am, the only problem is that when we move in together, we'll need a seperate room or garage for them all!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Hay Karren that really cool !

Grooming my retrievers tho its more like a second job LOL

Working on any old German car.
    Last edited by Robinkay; 12-10-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

I'm an aspiring 3-D computer modeler who builds triangular mesh models of women's fashions (what else?) for use in virtual marketplaces like Second Life! I use Pinterest (as "Elfin Skytower") to collect fashion ideas. It's turning in to way more than a hobby I guess. Elfin
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese View Post
    Horse back riding, Shooting, Working on car now I am no a mechanic any more help a friend overhaul his a 302 out of 68 mustang.
    That 302 is a great little engine, tons of ways to gradually improve the thing to adapt it to the use you have for it. BTW, something called 'tri-Y' headers were the hot item for it back in the day, may be hard to find, and you may have to improvise the clutch linkage but the power is worth it if you do.

Me, model trains. And collecting badges from the private police forces the rail lines had. Collect old movie DVD's, and during the summer, I take the projector outside and have late night movie marathons in the backyard, invite neighbors to come and bring their own chairs, every weekend has a theme; ww1, ww2, James Bond, Korean war, cold war, comedy, monster, space, western, and my favorite, 'the worst movies ever made', people bring their worst, we vote, and play the crappiest ones, and get drunk.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I enjoy woodworking and remodeling. Over summer I had rebuilt my garage, replaced rotted wood, soffit, facia and vinyl siding. Now I am in the midst of remodeling my kitchen. All with no professional training. Its getting some rework,drywall repair, new cabinets and ceramic tile floor. Also into firearms, collecting and shooting. And I do all that while raising 2 kids and going to the gym at least 5 times a week.
    Ok, now Im not alone here but can anyone explain to me why me and so many others have such "manly" hobbies. I know they are all hobbies that women can do also, its just society sees gender roles as so seperated.

Music. I have built a home studio and write songs and produce and record them as well. Along with collecting guitars (I only have 13 right now) it is a very expensive hobby, but it is very satisfying. I also enjoy reading physics books, building guitars, and antique hunting. Cooking is also high on my list but since I am on a strict diet I do not get to do much of that lately. I don't think any of these is particularly a "manly" hobby but I never really thought about that much.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 12-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I think going on crossdressing forums would have to qualify.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Very cool nail-puller, Karren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinkay View Post
    Hay Karren that really cool !
    Thanks! my wifes grandfather gave me one decades ago then I found another at a garage sale.... now I'm up to 15.... different ones.... most cost me $5 or $10..... the Bulldog was $100.... I find them at flea markets and estate sales mainly....

Here's the book with patents and drawings.... www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1420874527

I also collect old cameras.... per 1959.... have nearly 50.... some really unique ones....

.......My Photos

Let's see... antique collector/dealer, website designer (more of a hobby than a profession), and World of Warcraft. And no, I don't consider crossdressing a hobby, it is more of a lifestyle.
    Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

I collect snowflakes--the reason being, I'm tired of hearing people say, "No two snowflakes are alike." Who the flip would know? Who's examined every last one of them?

So that's what I'm doing--collecting and comparing snowflakes. It only takes one counter-example to disprove a rule, so if I find two just alike, that shoots down that rule, and I'll let everybody know.

I'm not just examining the ones I collect myself. I have people from all over the world sending them to me. I've got some from as far away as Nairobi, Havana and Ouagadougou. So next time you shovel your front walk, just box them up and send them to me. There's a lot riding on this, you know.

Annabelle