Thread: A Winter Walk

A Winter Walk

Hi all

I haven't posted in a very long time, and in fact the urge to dress subsided over the Summer for some reason (does that happen to anyone else?). Lately it's been growing though, and I recently bought a coat and a rather nice new bra/slip combination in preparation for a little adventure.

So...I was staying at my pied a terre (very posh I know!) at Marble Arch in central London and I got dressed for a walk around in the late evening. I've done it before, only for a few minutes, but this time I plucked up courage to go a bit further. I dressed quite simply, in a pencil skirt and cardigan, although that was covered up by the short coat I was wearing. I wore flats and opaque black hose, and finished up the outfit with a scarf and a casual bag. Underneath I tried out a new-style gaff arrangement which was quite comfy and effective, as well as some padded panties. My waist was trimmed in with an elaticated heavy duty sports belt that I picked up a while ago. I spent quite a lot of time on my make up, maybe a bit showy, but I do seem to be getting better at it.

I was very nervous when I ventured out, but soon relaxed into it, and took myself along Park Lane, spending some time looking into the windows of the expensive car showrooms, selling Bentleys and BMWs. I passed a lot of people (meaning I walked by them!) and the only reaction I got was from a guy on a Boris Bike (Londoners will know what I mean), who shouted 'nice hair' as he went by. I have been thinking that my wig is a little showy, so perhaps I need to get a new one that's a simpler style.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures. One shows how I was when I was out, in the other I tried pulling the hair behind my ears, which looked quite nice - the wig hair colour matches my own quite well so my wispy sideburns blended in OK. I didn't have any earrings though - that's something I'm working on (as I don't have pierced ears).

Only another small step (literally - the pencil skirt shortens my stride!) but a lovely one and I want to take more.

Jayne xx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    From the dark end of the street, to the bright side of the road.

Follow me - www.twitter.com/closettran

Gold Member
    You look great; Your hair looks very natural.
    Rader

Good going, Closettran! By your pictures you have no problems passing as a lady. Thank you for sharing.
    Di

well done and you look great. I am plucking up courage to do the same next week when I am in London. I have the outfit all planned and an evening available. I am getting nervous already and this post has helped reassure me. I am lucky I can dress at home with my wife but only up to a point. I want the feeling of being fully Sarah and the cold air against my legs. It will be my first time out dressed since I was a student 30 years ago. Wish me luck!
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

Last year for Christmas I stayed in Hyde Park. Lovely wandering around there, everybody is in to their own thing so no one notices.
    I like your hair and outfit, well done.
    Summer dressing seems like you are going naked in the world sometimes and I sometimes don't go out as often.
    Winter dressing in London is a good cover up and such a contrast.
    There was snow in St James park earlier this year and I spent about 6 p on extra buttons for one of the snowmen already made.
    Wearing what you see in my avatar it was nice and warm and cuddly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great outfit - from the photos, I think if I saw you in the street I'd assume you were a lady. London's great for going out dressed because everyone is so diverse and yet so self-absorbed. Hopefully that was the first of many walks outside. :-)

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    You look wonderful! Hope you enjoyed your time out

Very nice pics and a good outing (walking in cool weather is great)

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. It's given me a lot of confidence to move forward.

Sarah, I've just seen your thread about planning your outing - I think it's wonderful that you can share things (up to a point) with your wife, you are very lucky with that. I know what you mean about having cold air on your legs, that's very thrilling, although my tights were pretty thick and did keep me quite warm. Another time I plan to wear some opaque nude colour tights for coverage and then put on some sheer ones over the top. That will have to wait for another day though.

One time before, a few months ago, I did venture into a small supermarket, but I just couldn't keep it up and had to scurry away. I'm going to work up to getting back into a shop next time. I think I might venture into Primark on Oxford Street, maybe try on some shoes! It's incredibly busy in there, but that's a good thing I guess.

Love to all

Jayne, xx

I was planning the same visit to Primark on Oxford St if I can pluck up the courage to get there. I buy stuff from there in drab and got some shoes recently. Yes it is busy - but think I will feel safer in the semi dark of outside. Their bras are a bargain. Would love to linger longer looking at underwear there & in La Senza. I can in drab but don't like to linger too long in some shops. The chaos of Primark means you can be quite anonymous!
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

I really like the look with the hair behind the ears. I do that too at times and I think it makes my face look better.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

very natural, look like the real deal to me
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Sarah - yes I've shopped there in drab too, my shoes and skirt are from there. I won't have time this year now, but after Christmas I'm hoping I can get enough nerve to shop there dressed. I fancy some higher shoes, maybe a nice dress.

Almostalady and MssHyde - thanks for the nice comments, I will go for the behind the ears look next time, just need some dangly earrings...

Jxx

Hi, good for you!

As for your questions about seasonal frequency, I'm gonna say my desires don't change much over the course of the year. It seems like there is always an imminent fashion change coming. Be it a New Year's dress, Spring sweaters, summer dresses, fall boots, or holiday finery.

However, my ability to dress in the summer definitely does drop off because of the wife (teacher) and kids being off from school. There just isn't as much private time.

Anyway, enjoy the season (whatever time of year you are reading this.)

Kathleen Ann