Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye forever...

Goodbye forever...

... is what I hope to be saying to my glasses tomorrow. LASIK is scheduled for first thing in the morning and it comes with a free week off work!

I don't know if I'd have had the chance anyways, but it was a big bummer to read the post-op instructions that said no eye make-up for two weeks.

Now hopefully I'll be able to avoid missing those critical signs across the street (it made me walk an extra mile or so in London when I missed the street sign) and see the faces of people a bit more clearly as I explore the world. It should be fun.

Wish me 20/15 vision!

-Bree

Good luck, and may you get 20/15!

Good luck to you my girl....hope all goes very well and your sight will be better then ever!!!! Hugs!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Here's wishing you a happy 20/15 Bree.

Docs say I cannot improve my eyesight with any treatment, and my left cannot even be corrected with the glasses.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Aspiring Member

Good Luck Bree

You sure can pick the attention grabbing titles though.

Best wishes for a speedy and excellent recovery.
    Hugs and love,
    Sandra1746

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    All the best for a quick recovery!

merry christmas glad its coming a bit early for you
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Good luck Bree! I bet it'll be nice to say goodbye to those glasses once and for all hmm?

~Krasus

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, good luck, Bree! You're a braver woman than I am; I'm squeamish and don't want lasers and sharp scalpels near my eyes! (Besides, I'm around a -10, a little outside the acceptable range for LASIK. Oh well, I can deal with contacts. )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Ah that's on my to do list..... C U on the other side.... of the glasses

Renne.....

Good luck and do enjoy your new freedom to live without glasses. I would do it, but correcting my nearsightedness would exacerbate my far sightedness. My daughter had it done and is more than satisfied with the results.

Good luck bree all my best wishes for a speedy recovery
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sounds exciting.Wishing you a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    it was a big bummer to read the post-op instructions that said no eye make-up for two weeks.
    And you will follow those instructions to the letter, please!

One of the possible consequences of not doing so is an infection that results in loss of an entire eye. The laser eye people don't talk about that possibility anywhere but in the fine print, but it happened to a friend of mine.

Enjoy your new vision, carefully!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

If surgery would help my eyesight, I would do it in a minute. It won't, my eyes are just old (like the rest of me). I guess the least I should do is buy a pair of girly looking bifocals.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

What a great date, 20/15.
    All the best and please keep us posted.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Bree, scary thread title. Don't do that again as I like reading your threads and wouldn't want you to leave the forum.

I admire anyone willing to let someone near their eyes with lasers, scalpels.... My wife gave me a blepharoplasty procedure a couple of years ago and I almost needed general anesthesia for the dermatologist to doing anything around the eyes.

Good luck with the procedure.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Lasik is the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread. I only wish I could have had it when I was younger, before I needed reading glass

Thanks everyone!

So far, so good after the surgery.

30 minutes after the procedure I was a puffy-eyed monster with a pounding head. After about 8 hours of intermittent sleep I'm was almost back to being just a monster. Thanks for the sleep Valium!

Now, I can even look at the computer screen and write this for a few minutes. I think my eyes have a bit more settling in to do but it sure appears that I'm better off than before. I'll have to wait just a bit to see just how much improvement I got.

Only issue I had is that I was the Guinea Pig for the day. I was first in line of 30 people and they got me into the chair, clamped open an eye, put on the suction and the laser went "pheeeeewwwww......". Oops, bit of a technical hiccup and back tot he waiting room for 20 minutes while the laser recycled. Bah! Lucky for everyone else I got that out of the way for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    Bree, scary thread title. Don't do that again as I like reading your threads and wouldn't want you to leave the forum.
    Sorry, but I do have a flair for the dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    And you will follow those instructions to the letter, please!
    No worries. I have no reason to push it. Two weeks is nothing compared to long term health.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    Lasik is the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread. I only wish I could have had it when I was younger, before I needed reading glass
    Laser surgery doesn't change the eventual need for some sort of correction. We all are going to need either reading glasses or bifocals as our natural lenses become less flexible.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Had my first checkup this morning and I'm already better than 20/20! Hopefully it'll be even better with a few more days for the eyes to settle down.

If it's right for you it sure it can be worth doing!

-Bree

"...Oh, I see, said the blind man.....as he picked up his hammer and saw".

Bree, welcome back! I'm glad you are recovering nicely.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    wow!!! fantastic!!! and here I am pondering the idea of contacts!

I hope everything continues swimmingly..

Good luck! I considered LASIK before, but I'm happy with my contacts / glasses combo

Congrats and glad it went well.Just concentrate on recovering and enjoy better eyesight.