Thread: cleaning the back

Smile cleaning the back

need a bit of help here, i am not very twisty, and my joints do not like to bend very far, nore do i have that elusive second elbow.

but having trouble getting the hair off my back.

have tried attaching a razor to a stick. not very effective.
    tried spraying hair remover..but i get way too much "over" spray. aka i miss the back completely.
    would love to get it removed by a pro..but no money for that at this time.

any help here?

loni

I've seen a couple of different back razors. I have a little bit on my back, but I don't bother with it since its usually covered up when I'm dressed.

Here's one that I found on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Razorba-Classi.../dp/B002MUAP2E

Or there's an electric one that you can get from Wal-Mart
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mangroomer...haver/13989627

They all look like pain in the a$$'s, but hey its what a girls gotta do sometimes!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

wire ties, a decent quality razor with a pivot head, and a 3/8" dowel rod. trim the ends off the wire ties, Go SLOW. use a back loofah (loofah on a stick) to suds up some shampoo or liquid soap for 'shaving cream'. Personally, i can reach with clippers,. that works well enough for most occasions, for me...

yes, it is a pain in the as$, but as Amy Lynn says...

more like a pain in the wallet. the hammer thingey is only $70.usd. OUCH

electric looks cheep, but then they have never worked very good for me. bought the best on the market and all have broken down within a year, some in only a month. and never gotten a clean save.

can not do amazon as they now charge sales tax for ca. and if pay-pal would just unlock my account. i like guns, they do not.

Banned Read only
    Back in the days when I had the problem (and I was a hairy beast), I chose the scariest option of all. I found a friend. Best hair removal system for hard to reach places I have ever used. Try it, it works wonderfully.

Bought a http://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Do-.../dp/B000HQ0L2E I got it last week and tried it out. It is the best device I have tried yet for getting rid of back hair.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Banned Read only
    A couple of years ago, I saw the Razorba online and started to buy it. I've attached a picture of it. I started looking at the thing and decided it looked a lot like some glued together 3/4" PVC. So, I went to the local warehouse, bought a short piece of white PVC, a "T", a 45 degree connector, and 3/8" thumbscrew, all for about $3, and went to work. I had plenty of PVC glue at home and about 15 minutes later, voila, the perfect back shaver. It accommodates any disposable or non-disposible single or multi-blade (I use the battery powered Gillette Fusion) razor, it won't ever rust or wear out, you can safely travel with it in just about any luggage, and you can reach every part of your back with relative ease. Plus, if your dog eats it or you actually trip over it one day and it does somehow break, $3 and your back in business.

When I get home in a couple of days, I'll repost with a picture of my device. I'll be glad to provide exact dimensions and directions for anyone who wants them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Back in the days when I had the problem (and I was a hairy beast)
    I am LMAO at that one as I look at your picture!! Hairy and beast bring up such a picture of a creature!! But finding a friend and mutually reciprocating makes for a deal!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I got this idea from Karran and modified it a bit.

I got a long strip of thin material [a long thin belt will do] and fixed a Mark 3 razor blade head in the middle. [Bit tricky this but give it a go]
    All I have to do is rub it across my back [a bit like drying your back with a towel] and the hair is gone in minutes.

I haven't actually done this yet, but some of the local beauty schools in my area have the students work on customers at reduced rates. I think a back wax is $30 or so. The one I've been to has a "senior day" where seniors get 50% off so that would be $15 plus tip.. I've been told that hair grows back more slowly after a wax job than after a shave. And since a "male back wax" is on their printed price list, you won't be the first male to have it done.

It's worth checking into.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Most nail salons have a room in the back where they do the waxing. The prices are reasonable and if you do it 3-5 times, the hair will grow back thinner and thinner and lighter in color. A back wax usually costs $40-70 US and lasts 4-6 weeks. By the time you've done it the 4th or 5th time, it will last 6-8 weeks and after a year you might be able to go up to 3 months.

In contrast, shaving makes your hair grow back thicker and darker, and you'll need to shave more and more often, until you need to shave every few days.

Some salons have a "Full Man-scaping" package for about $200-300 that includes legs, chest, butt, and back. The women who do the waxing will treat you very well, and will be very friendly, because they know that you will be a regular if they do. It's a good idea to give them a 20% tip as well.

Last year, my wife treated me to a pedicure, manicure, leg wax, and eye wax - I've gone back several times for manicure and waxing and each time, the girls almost jump to be the one who takes care of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Back in the days when I had the problem (and I was a hairy beast), I chose the scariest option of all. I found a friend. Best hair removal system for hard to reach places I have ever used. Try it, it works wonderfully.
    I used to shower with a friend years ago.
    I kept telling her we needed to save water.
    Like me she had fair hair.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The "mangroomer" does work. The batteries last a long time. It is somewhat clumsy to use and I usually need two mirrors to see what I am doing. But as one person pointed out, the hair comes abck soon and is just as tough as before. Waxing is the next step up. I usually shave with the man groomer and then get the SO to run the epilator over as much as I can stand at one time. Epilation has a result some what like waxing. The pain is longer!!

Edy

Quote Originally Posted by Edyta_C View Post
    ........ I usually shave with the man groomer and then get the SO to run the epilator over as much as I can stand at one time. Epilation has a result some what like waxing. The pain is longer!!
    I bought my wife an epilator many years ago. I don't think she ever completed both legs before she put it away for good. It's probably gone now or I would at least give it a try.

I've had my wife trim my back hair but she doesn't like to do it and I can't really do it myself. I would like to try a waxing someday.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I use Veet on my back. Can get most with my hands but need help with the upper center section. I found a back scratcher stick with a sponge glued to it works great. Put on the veet lotion and gently brush over it, wait and then its easy off with a wash cloth run shoe shine style.

I would love to have it waxed or lasered, as even in man mode I hate my back hair. I epilate the rest of my body but have the same reach problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

the "mangroomer" works pretty darn good imo...ive been using for a few years
    [SIZE="3"]Gianna Versaci[/SIZE]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gianna25/

A close friend that knows??
    In my case my lovely wife epilates mine for me...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I use the Mangroomer too. You have to be careful to hold the blades flat across the skin or you may scratch yourself. I've also found that the blades sometimes bind and don't move, though the motor buzzes. A bit of electric shaver lube spray or light hair clipper oil will help keep them free moving.

Other than that, it works pretty good, though it's not as close as a razor would be.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I'm fairly flexible and can reach all of my back, but still have problems getting all the hair. My wife helps out and even she has problems getting the hair shaved. It seems the hairs grow in several directions and she has to shave every which way and still has to make multiple passes.

My shoulders and neck area I have no problems. The lower half of my back is easy to get too. It's just the upper half a few inches down from my shoulders that give my grief.

Yep, the ManGroomer works well for me.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

have done the epilator on my arms and legs. afraid to do my belly and chest. unknown how i can get to my back.
    might try the wax on the back. about how short should the hair be to do this? as full length might just be too gross.

but need to get some money first. short on cash and behind on paying the bills.

ok... i use nair on my back about once a week... i can get to most every area of my back but it is not easy... i also use it on my arms and hands.. Back to the back, i get the long bottles and lean forward and squirt it out on the area of my back that i have the hardest time reaching and the work my hands and arms back there to spread it out.. i put it in my hands and go to the lower back and sides and do the same for the shoulders and upper arms. i have three mirrors in my bathroom that i can move around until i get them where i can see all my back and be sure i have covered it all.. then wait a few mins and wash the hair off... fast and easier for me then trying to reach back and shave it.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I got this idea from Karran and modified it a bit.

I got a long strip of thin material [a long thin belt will do] and fixed a Mark 3 razor blade head in the middle. [Bit tricky this but give it a go]
    All I have to do is rub it across my back [a bit like drying your back with a towel] and the hair is gone in minutes.
    Here's my unpatented post... lol http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...light=back+off

I used it this morning.... cleaned all the hair off in less than 5 minutes... and basically costs nothing to build.....
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-28-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Another vote for the Mangroomer. I discovered it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. As soon as I got home I charged it up, and a few hours later I was mowing the back 40 (for non-American's, or for American city dwellers who have never been out of the city environs, the back 40 refers to a large plot of land - usually of at least 40 acres, or in general any large lot of land that is out of common view -- here, it's my not so subtle attempt at a joke.) Ahem, back to the manscaping. The Mangroomer works wonderfully in my humble opinion. My hair is thin, but there's a lot of it. Once I started using the Mangroomer, my back can withstand all but the closest inspection and look like a hairless female's back. I LOVE IT!

Rhonda