Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy or Reality

Just how green is that grass? Ask me when I was younger and it would have been a straight yes, the older I get the more responsibility I have, marriage, friends, work etc and I have kinda accepted my lot in life, there is no magic, I am well aware of reality, I love my wife. But still can I be the female version of me? Yes of course at the end of the day I have never been happy as a man, I would take that option. It won't solve all my problems and it has its own challenges but I will be stronger as I will feel right.

I know this is for CDs to respond...but, as a GG, I'd have to say if some magical power came to me right now and told me I had to be either an unattractive female or an unattractive male...I'd probably go for being male. It seems like there's so much we have to apologize for already as females...and, I feel really bad when I see that some girls basically have to apologize for being sexually unattractive. It's pretty weird. But, I think it would be very hard to be an unattractive woman. Being an unattractive man isn't great either, but the worst looking men seem to have a weird sense of entitlement...so, maybe I'd have that attitude too. I guess with average looks, it doesn't quite matter. Average skates by pretty well...beautiful girls seem to get attention and so do unattractive women. "Average" seems to cause less of a splash either way. But, one person's "average" is another person's "ugly"...so, you can't win really. But, I'd probably jump bodies if I had to live as an unattractive woman. That really sucks to say...but, there you go.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I suppose even average to less-than-average looking women who look at a gorgeous woman must--on some level--think "I'd love to be her." In answer to your question, Reine, if I could swap out all my Y chromosomes for Xs and roll back the impact of starting with Ys (lose my height, broad shoulders, etc.), I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if it meant being just an average-looking gal. My exterior would finally match my soul. If you've got any insight on how to make that happen, you could make a fortune...

I'm pretty happy with my looks as a woman. I look much like my sister did 10 years ago. If I could lose the Y chromosome then I'd expect to have her chin and slightly smaller nose. I'd be very happy with that outcome.
    Sally

If you would have asked me that question when I was younger, my answer would have been yes, without a doubt.
    Now however, that implies that I am wishing my dear wife and kids away, who I love dearly and would never do.
    That said, I would be happier as a woman, I know that is what feels right for me.

Sweet thread ,,, An if you notice most people have said any woman will do as long as it's Woman ? Get threw the door an then work on the rest I guess ? We shall see what happens ,,, Modern Medicine is a Wonderful thing nowadays ,,, So make an appointment with your MD an lets Dance ,,,LOL,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Hi Reine, yeah I said yes in the other thread... a bout flippant maybe but I took the nature of the thread as rather lighthearted - I could have misread it!

At the stage I am at the moment I think, yes if I could a female Kaz I would like that... but I would want a return ticket! I would love to experience being a real woman. But I do not want to lose what I have built in my life. Those relationships are so special and people depend on me. I would just like to able to switch and out... this is impossible, so I am who I am...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Following this thread,
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-her-or-BE-her,

... I'd like to rephrase the question just to see if the answers are the same.

How many of you would still want to BE her, if instead of being a "really attractive woman", you were simply a feminine version of yourselves which, if you fall within the average range in terms of looks, would be just an ordinary looking woman like most of us out there. You know, the ones who don't get whistled at, who don't have men tripping over themselves to open their door … the women who go to the grocery store and no one pays particular attention to them because they look just like everyone else.

If you substitute the mental image of a 10+ model with an image of the unassuming and average looking female your age who lives down your street, would you still want to be her?

Thanks for your responses! I really am wondering about this.

Hi Reine,
    I would prefer to be the male I am, however, I would also want to be able to be the woman I have inside of me, when I want to change out of 'maledom'. I do not need to be a 10 as a female, but would want to maintain my '8-9' rating as both a male and a female.
    The attention-seeking female is not for me, but the type of woman (and male) that gets a positive reaction of acceptance among people he/she meets is good enough for me.
    Hope the above is helpful to you in your quest for information. If I have not answered you correctly, please let me know in a PM and I'll try to answer you.
    Kind regards,
    Di

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    If I qualify to answer, I guess looking like the average woman rather than a female version of Frankenstein's monster would be a nice change.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Average looking gal would be fine. I'd like lots of hair on my head (instead of everywhere else. But on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is VaVoom, I'd settle for 5-6 middle of the pack.

Edy

If my life would change accordingly -- a female version of my self would be great..................................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    If I qualify to answer, I guess looking like the average woman rather than a female version of Frankenstein's monster would be a nice change.

Yea right ,, All the pretty ones say that ,,, You look GREAT ,,, Meowwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Hi Reine,

Average would be just fine with me. I like who I am, and while I am "only" average in the looks department, I think I am unique in my own way, as are most people that I know (men and women). To just be accepted for that, and appreciated for it would be more than enough. I think that an average looking woman has a lot of options to make herself seem just a little bit more appealing to others, if she chooses to do so.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Quote Originally Posted by MssHyde View Post
    I would be very happy without the male chromosome, to be a natural version of myself XXX Cheyenne (edit)
    Yes.. me too, as most have responded. Just pretty please someone remove that darn Y chromosome. Otherwise, I'd be quite happy to be just a completely feminine version of myself. I'd stop no one in their tracks, sadly, but as my Father once told me, if you can't look at yourself in the mirror and accept what you see, you've a real problem. Of course, he didn't realize I'd have more than a little bit of makeup on my side to help with that reflection…
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar

Smile Life is a Search for a Good Feeling

If I were an ordinary looking woman, I would still have energy and enthusiasm which would shine forth through my smile and my eyes. This draws others as much as physical perfection. People like to feel happy and alive and seek out those people who make them feel that way..
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I know this is for CDs to respond...but, as a GG, I'd have to say if some magical power came to me right now and told me I had to be either an unattractive female or an unattractive male...I'd probably go for being male. It seems like there's so much we have to apologize for already as females...and, I feel really bad when I see that some girls basically have to apologize for being sexually unattractive. It's pretty weird. But, I think it would be very hard to be an unattractive woman. Being an unattractive man isn't great either, but the worst looking men seem to have a weird sense of entitlement...so, maybe I'd have that attitude too. I guess with average looks, it doesn't quite matter. Average skates by pretty well...beautiful girls seem to get attention and so do unattractive women. "Average" seems to cause less of a splash either way. But, one person's "average" is another person's "ugly"...so, you can't win really. But, I'd probably jump bodies if I had to live as an unattractive woman. That really sucks to say...but, there you go.
    Karate not here, Shannon-San...
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

This question is hard for me to give a definite yes or no to. My ideal fantasy is to be a shapeshifter, able to change from male to female form and back at will. At 5' 9" and some 240+ pounds. I'm not happy with my body as a male. As a female, I would be satisfied with my height, but with either gender, I would want my weight to be proportioned to my height. I wouldn't have to be a Shopbop model body-wise, but an average, healthy form as a female would make me happy. I wouldn't have to be a beauty, but I would want to be at least cute, which I often see myself as in pictures with makeup and a wig on.

That said, even though I tell myself several times a day anymore that "I want to be a girl," there are things about women as a group that annoy me, just as there things that men as a group bother me too. Being a "two-spirit"* makes it hard to identify with either group completely.

I often wish that I had been born female, but would never go through any kind of sexual reassignment process. But if I could find a magic piece of labradorite to enable my shapeshifting fantasy (if there was such a thing) or if there was a great shift on December 21, placing myself in a permanent female body with total acceptance from my family, friends, and cow-orkers, I think I'd be happy.

*"Two-spirit" is a term that I just learned this week which I really identify with. It represents the "third gender" that many Native American tribes accepted. Two-spirits often became the medicine person of their tribe and were treated mostly with respect and often with fear due to their alleged power. (See picture below.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

First of all Reine I think you are way above average. Me? MS. average please!

Interesting question. The answer for me is, well...... it depends. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder isn't it, so if I have to describe a beautiful woman in my eyes, one to be whistled at if you will, it does not require a beautiful face , but rather, a beautiful overall look. To me, a very average looking gg can become very exciting and sexy simply by dressing up in heels, a short skirt possibly with a revealing top, and hair, makeup and nails done. Size is of no consequence to me per say as I have seen many larger women looking very hot in my eyes simply by looking fabulous. So would I want to be the 10 on the block when en femme? Absolutely without a doubt. Can I be in reality? Not likely and getting older by the second is not helping either. I do still turn heads on occasion when out and about. Why? Not because I'm beautiful. I suppose for the very same reason I notice women; because I dress out of the ordinary and I suppose the heels, hose and skirts, hair, hoops, makeup, etc. are an exception to the rule today. Then again, maybe I'm just being read, who knows? I do know this much; when out and about, I fell like a 10 inside regardless what my outer appearance tells and that, is precisely the feeling I love the most about being gender enhanced/tg. I always do my best and try to achieve 'that' look that satisfies me as looking as sexy as possible, regardless what others think. I do it for me, not them. I am sure there are others like me that can be turned on by a very sexy dressed gg that is not near a 10 as we know it. Nothing about being ordinary turns me on mentally or physically, and therefore, have no desire to 'feel' ordinary.

Banned Read only
    I don't want to be a woman, I want to be a passable cross dresser. I would prefer to be considered attractive as opposed to being dumpy or even plain but passable, shopping for myself and chatting with the store sales people. All the while, them thinking that I was female when in female mode.

I've always been the type more attracted to personality than to looks and most of the GG's I greatly admire I admire because their personality and sense of style. If I could be a woman I would be the stay at home mom or the lady that works by her husbands side at the shop or on the job.

Yes, I'll take a female version of me.

What most people consider a 10+ woman, and I myself consider a 10+ woman might be significantly different, and also I've always been looking from the perspective of wanting to be, not wanting to be with. I'll describe a really attractive woman from my perspective. She's going to be somewhere between 5'2" and 5'6". She won't be skinny to the point of shapelessness, she'll have feminine curves. She'll weigh somewhere in the 120-140 lb range. She won't have big boobs. A B-cup is fine. What's really important is how she presents herself. She'd have dark brown or black hair in a classic bob and it would be really bouncy and shiny. Her nails and makeup would be impeccable. Probably she'd have dark nail polish and smoky eyes. She might wear glasses. Glasses are hot. She wears sliver jewellery not gold. She'd have on a black turtleneck sweater, a tartan skirt falling a little above the knee (her legs would have great muscle tone). She'd be wearing opaque tights and chunky shoes with no more than 3" heels. Possibly mary janes. She would exude an air of class and intelligence and would smell really nice but in a subtle way (i.e. not causing eyes to water at 20 paces). That's a 10+ woman for me and definitely given the chance I would be her.

Now on the other hand, if we are talking the XX version of me, it's fair to say that most of the women in my family are well above average attractiveness. In her youth my mother was often compared to Audrey Hepburn, and my cousins female children are amazingly attractive. It seems that the Y chromosome saddled me with the face of a slapped kipper. Had I been born a girl I might have come out looking a little like Natalie Portman. I would definitely want that.

As far as being an average woman, so long as she has looked after her body about as well as I have then I'd probably be up for it. I've watched my weight, eaten a good diet, been kind to my skin and my scalp. Even if I still had the face of a fish, I'd be happier than if I was some kind of silicone boobed plastic doll.

I was out and thought about this thread tonight...PERSONNA!! We want the personna without the mediocre poop that comes with it..To be an average looking woman with a big personna would be the ultimate! Exactly like Marilyn Monroe...a big personna!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I'd certainly prefer to be a female version of myself. That would be better than what I have now, as long as I continue to be fit as I am now. But, like Joanie, I'd really prefer to be a shape-shifter. I'd rather have complete freedom to design myself however I want whenever I want to. There are a lot of unattractive aspects of physical human bodies that I'd like to make totally attractive, I mean my own, not others'. I like for everyone to be free to express themselves as they like. I would not want to attract men, except as friends. I'd still want to be attractive to women, or at least to one woman. And I might like to have kids.

I believe such fantasies will become real possibilities within a few decades or at least centuries.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"