Thread: Purging is fun

Purging is fun

I know some may see the title of Purging is fun as a bad thing but I have found it is a very good thing.

Having CD for the past 20+ years I have collected lost of different items. Also not wearing much more then panties for the past 9 years, I was not sure what I had that I could wear now that I want to go out pretty again.

So what started as just trying to see what I owned turned into a purge of my wife's and my closet and tubs of old clothing. I found I had plenty that just needed to be thrown out or donated(I am never going to be a size 4 again).

With me going though and looking at stuff and planning for my Going out pretty date on Saturday I found a few crates of clothing that I had not seen before. Turns out one of my wife's friends had give her some clothing that we to small for her friend. My wife had forgot all about that we had those cloths and we found that most of it fit me perfect. A few things where either to big for me or I could not see myself going out in, but it added several new items to my part of the closet that I had just emptied of old boy clothing that no longer fit me.

After going though the crates we found my wife remember that some of the stuff had made it into our closet but she never wore any of it any more, if she ever wore it. So we went though off of her clothing and purged everything that was too small or to large for both of us. I was able to find a few jumpers for wearing around the house or when I work from home(I am really enjoying getting to wear the new jumper today for work). I also found a new leather jacket that fits me perfect that is now the basis for finding something to wear saturday.

I now have a little extra space in my part of the closet because I got at least two new items for every three items that I decided to donate or throw away.

Getting to purge in my case has been great since it really started a new era of my CD life and has made me really thing about who I am now. Late time I CDed on a regular basis I was 60 to 70 pounds lighter and 10 years younger. I found that my tastes 10 years ago where more for formal dresses and I really did not own anything casual. Now I have more casual and work out clothing. So for me purging has got me a lot more clothing to wear while getting rid of the things I did not need.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Some times you can not see clothes for the closet and it is time to thin out the excess. I am just starting to go through and get rid of things that I have not worn for over a year. My new rule is one item in one out if it worn for the same reason. Summer tops form two years ago get donated when this years crop gets brought in. I was really surprised at all of the clothes I found that I will never wear again because I no longer need long sleeve tops to hide the hair on my arms and high necked top and dresses that no longer need to hide hair on my chest. Once I was able to go smooth showing more skin as most GG's do has helped my presentation. So my ne motto is out with the old in with the cute.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Banned Read only
    Honey, that's not purging, that's cleaning house. And I don't like doing either one. The first costs too much money replacing everything and the second requires way too much effort.

I hate to think how much money I've wasted purging, just in shoes. Of course, cleaning house reveals those clubby heels that are way out of style. I do kind of enjoy donating stuff that someone else might be able to use.

Good heavens!!!!!!!! Get to a doctor as quickly as possible and save yourself NOW!!!!!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    Honey, that's not purging, that's cleaning house. And I don't like doing either one. The first costs too much money replacing everything and the second requires way too much effort.

I hate to think how much money I've wasted purging, just in shoes. Of course, cleaning house reveals those clubby heels that are way out of style. I do kind of enjoy donating stuff that someone else might be able to use.
    I think I see it more as a purge since I am seeing it as I am going to need to spend a lot of money to get a new wardrobe. This is the first time I have cleaned house since I moved out of my parents house. It was sad to see how much of my clothing and shoes has to be thrown away since they where falling apart.

Being able to donate some of my fun items that I loved to go clubbing in was hard but at the same time I am hope that some other girl will enjoy them.

Purging is throwing it ALL away.
    You have done what I need to do, get rid of extraneous crap.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife and I did a cleaning out a couple of weeks ago. She started first - and I was the recipient of some nice things. After we were both done, each of us now have LOTS of space in our closet and dressers. Our new goal is to fill them back up again. Goodwill get the old stuff and we get new.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    As others have said, Nevarrie, what you're doing is not "purging," it's "thinning out." I should know, I've done both.

When my first wife moved in with me, I purged, got rid of every scrap of feminine clothing I had. I thought I could stop dressing for good. And now more-experienced-me looks back at younger-me and goes, "Har har har..."

Before my fiancee got here, I put my clothes in storage this time. But I thinned them out first, donated a number of items that didn't really work for me. I still had boxes of stuff, though. And, of course, now that's all out and back home again. And I'm glad I didn't purge this time.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    agree not a purge, but cleaning house. I've never purged either