Thread: "Passing" in Grade School

Aspiring Member

"Passing" in Grade School

I had a hair appointment yesterday. For the last 30 some years I have gone to my hair appointments as Leanne. I've been driving to a town 30 minutes away for the last six years for my beauty needs. My hairdresser was injured in an auto accident a year ago and didn't do hair for months. Now she is slowly working back by taking a few clients at her apartment. As I was being shampooed, Amanda said," could you do me a huge favor? Can you take me to the grocery store after this?" I told her that I would love to help.
    She did a great job on my hairstyle and even retouched my makeup. Then on the way out to my car she took some pictures with her camera. I felt a little over dressed in my skirt, blouse, and heeled boots. Amanda wore jeans and a top. Maybe some day I can figure out how to post the pictures here.
    At the grocery store she bought over 100 cans of vegetables. I thought to myself, wow, she must really like to stock up. While driving away from the store she explained that the food was for a charity project at her son's elementary school. Then she told me how to drive there to deliver the food because she didn't have the use of her car for a while.
    I hadn't planned on going into a grade school but was thankful that Amanda had done such a great job on my hair and makeup. At the school we couldn't park close because of the buses so it took us many trips to move everything into the office. No one seemed to look twice at me so I guess I passed. Come to think of it I had always tried to "pass" in my grade school, but for a different reason. Amanda gave me a big hug when I dropped her off at her apartment. I told her that I was glad that I could help.

Yes you made an A plus because this is what we do whether dressed as a female or our male mode this is the time of year when we help friends, neighbors, and complete strangers. It doesn't matter what your were wearing it's the help and the willingness to help a friend. A bet you had a glow around you as you may have push the shopping cart around that grocery store. You more than had a passing grade you graduated. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thank You for sharing your story. It's always great to hear that there are people out there that will help a neighbor or friend out when they are in need. If everyone did this, the world might be a better place than it currently is.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Helping others...while dressed. Tis the season now go all year round!!

That's tremendous Leann. New haircut, friend recovering, a vote of trust and confidence, unexpected outing + passing. Great all around. PM me if you need help posting your pics. I'm sure several folks would like to see them.
    Mary

This thread has goodness and niceness all around it.
    A great job and being able to return a favor as well.
    Glad you passed at grade school again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you for helping out, Leanne, I know this is a tough time of the year for some, so you may not realize just how important that really was. Steph!
    Stephanie

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What a great story from a great person, Leanne. i am so glad it all went well for you, and you were able to help your friend, and a lot of others.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.