Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plucked Eyebrows?

I have plucked mine for years. The first time I took it down in stages and I think people noticed but they thought I was odd anyway. The funniest was my observant brother, he just stared at me and said "Have you plucked your eyebrows" the look on his face was such concentration. I just said yeah, they define my face unlike your hairy caterpillars. He surprised me by standing back and saying, yeah looks good. My eyebrows are borderline acceptable and not that noticeable other than a well groomed guy, however when compared to my family that naturally have thick eyebrows it's very obvious. But I have done it so long no one realises anymore. Apart from stragglers mine have never grown back, so anyone new to plucking I would advise against over doing it.

Mine were shaped by threading and now I pluck them every day or two to keep them on track.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I have shaped my eyebrows over the last year. Pluck any that grow to long,grey or to dark.They are not to thin and if any one has noticed no one has commented other than my SO.Thicker slightly shaped brows on GG now seems to be the latest trend here in the UK.

My wife does mine. I keep them not thin, but not masculine. And, a litle tape under the wig makes them look good.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Mine are plucked fron the bottom and trimmed at the top. Stray hairs only. Mine are naturally high, and arched, so other than lightly penciling, very little reminiscing is needed.

I get my eyebriows waxed every two weeks, thin and arched as possible. I am older so many of the hairs are gray so I have to use pencil to fill it in.
    I don't think people notice in male mode unless I use too much pencil. I alos use a waxbrow pencil

I've been plucking for years to make the smaller and also trimming what is left to keep it shorter.

I am married but I still pamper myself each month. I go into a nearby salon (dressed as a man) and get a mani and pedi with clear polish and then get my eyebrows waxed, going from thicker near the bridge of my nose, to thinner with a slight arching.

By the way... the ONLY comments I get from women in the salon are "I sure wish my husband would come in and get groomed too!"

No one has said anything about my eyebrows out in public.

CJ

I havent tried shpaing them yet, still an little nerverous about screwing them up or making them to fem wouldnt be good if i showed up for work with Fem eye brows. But i do want to start trying to get them a little thinner with a slight arch.

I keep my bushies down to a medium arch these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mine have been waxes thin, and arched since long before I went full time. Nobody ever said a word about it. I stand by my belief- people see what they want to see, if it doesn't have boobs and a dress, it's just a guy to them.-Celeste

I'm a baby about the pain of plucking/tweezing. Twenty-two years ago when I under went electrolysis I had the technician wax my eyebrows and every week she would permenently remove any strays that grew back. So far I've never had to think about my brows except a bit of penciling once in awhile.

Karan

I've kept mine tweezed and arched for the last 6 or so years without ever a comment. I can't let them go a week without feeling I'm getting "bushy" and it irks me to no end.
    Sometimes I will take a pencil to them to make them more prominent depending on what I'm doing. Sometimes I'll add a bit of mascara too.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I suggest threading your eyebrows. You will get a nice delicate shape without the pain of waxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
    My wife does mine. I keep them not thin, but not masculine. And, a litle tape under the wig makes them look good.
    My wife plucked mine the first time, and I've maintained them by plucking and trimming. While not a high feminine are in male mode I can shape them into a feminine style with an eyebrow brush when doing my make-up.

my wife plucks mine! not to thick not to thin

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I pluck my eyebrows and keep them thin and with a curve. No one has noticed as far as I can tell. But then I wear glasses and it kind of distracts from them.
    This is me too. I also think it helps if you do a little a time and not a dramatic pluck them all at once thing. Also, what is eyebrow "threading?"
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I'm new!
    I've just started getting my eyebrows done. I'm slowly going to thin mine out so it doesn't look SUPER noticeable, mostly so people get used to seeing me with clean eyebrows. But, I have no intentions on getting woman's eyebrows. I actually just like them cleaned up for guy mode.

I should be getting glasses soon, so it shouldn't be super noticeable soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by minalost View Post
    This is me too. I also think it helps if you do a little a time and not a dramatic pluck them all at once thing. Also, what is eyebrow "threading?"
    It's shaping your eyebrows using a piece of thread. It's pretty neat.

threading is what they do at the mall, they twist 2 strings in the middle and it catches your hair and pulls it out. ==x|== your hair would be the | and as you pull the right strings apart it grabs the hair and pulls it out. Kind of like the spring epilators it works by opposing pressure. It's quicker than single hair tweezing. Go have someone do it though if you never have, it's difficult to get it right on your first try and you can end up with a line of missing hair :-D

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Eyebrows trimmed and plucked. Not overly dramatic, just a little bit of shaping. Luckily I have fair and a fair complexion, so it's not too noticeable. I also just plucked a little bit at a time, so I don't think anyone noticed. One friend who I hadn't seen in a while asked me if I was doing something different to my eyebrows, and I replied that I was trimming them and keeping my unibrow in check. None of my friends know, but there are probably suspicions...

Ana

Aspiring Member
    I just keep mine neat with an electric trimmer, then pluck to shape just a little so it still looks ok for guy mode. I don't think brows need to be too thin for a feminine look.
    Take a look at Mila Kunis, her brows look stunning without being overly thin.

I get mine waxed every two weeks when I get my arylic nails filled. They are thin and arched, my wife hates them, I use pencil to highlight and go over gray hairs.

Good question:

I do pluck on occasion but every two to three weeks i go get my haircut and have them waxed.
    Found this nice little Vietnamese shop that does haircut and waxing. In male mode I told the young girl after she finished my haircut i wanted to get my eyebrows waxed.
    Intinally I was reluctant because did not want to go to far to upset my wife are draw attention to myself at work. Showed the girl a picture of me on my phone and said this is me sometime....and want to gradually do a little more every-time to reshape them in a way that can not be detected.

So far it has worked and I think has made a difference in my female presentation.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    threading is what they do at the mall, they twist 2 strings in the middle and it catches your hair and pulls it out. ==x|== your hair would be the | and as you pull the right strings apart it grabs the hair and pulls it out. Kind of like the spring epilators it works by opposing pressure. It's quicker than single hair tweezing. Go have someone do it though if you never have, it's difficult to get it right on your first try and you can end up with a line of missing hair :-D
    Yes. For me, having the young Indian lady "Thread" me at the mall is the way to go! Nice, clean lines. Stings like a B$%&*! But lasts for several weeks.

I have thinned mine out gradually and now maintain a feminine arch. I wear glasses in drab mode, which partially hides them anyway. It really made a big difference (I feel) in my femme face.