Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plucked Eyebrows?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plucked Eyebrows?

I'm curious to know how many of you girls pluck your eyebrows. I know a lot of us keep their legs shaved, but this is easily hidden when in drab. Even with shorts on it's not very noticeable. Plucked eyebrows however are much more "in your face". I'm not talking about a minor cleanup, but a real shaping with a thin defined shape and a noticeable feminine arch. Makeup is easily removed, but a feminine eyebrow is there for awhile. Sort of a burn your bridges and no going back statement.
    I've always thought that one of the reasons that GG's look like GG's is their eyebrows. A nicely shaped and defined brow is just one of the reasons they look so cute. Of corse there are many other reasons, but the eyebrows do add to the total look.
    Myself, I keep mine fairly thin with a noticeable arch. Not so much that I look surprised all the time, but definitely not masculine. Sort of a retro '40's look. So even when I'm in drab it's obvious that I crossdress. Not a problem for me as I'm not ashamed of my lifestyle. I'm actually proud that I live an alternate lifestyle. Normally even when not dressed I'll wear women's shoes and nylons. Not spikes or anything radical. It's usually women's loafers or something casual.
    What do you gals do?
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Wow great question. I've wondered myslef. Does using a pencil help to fill in up top where youve not hair and then use make up to conceal where there is hair?

I have kept my eyebrows plucked for many years. In male mode I just draw them on a bit lighter.
    Hugs, Carole

I want to start, but as of right now, I do nothing.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I pluck, in fact I just finished before signing on here. When I get my chest and back waxed I also have my brows done. Been doing to so long that everyone just thinks i have well groomed brows.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I have plucked for a few years. Slowly shaping them from the bottom as the eyebrow guides recommend. I don't want the really thin because the hair will thin a you get older. A friend of mine has pencil thin brows and has to fill much of them in because she use to pluck them thin for years, now that they are thinning out she doesn't have much left. I do notice when I neglect them for a while the really short stubble are more noticeable than the thin well shaped brows. I shoot for the feminine looking brow that is not over the top.

I pluck mine for a while.. just trying to get the kind of cleaned up as they were a mess, all over the place.. this summer i started having them waxed..and thinned them down a little at a time to where they were pretty good in either girl or boy mode.. However this last visit i ask the lady to do them a little thinner.. and she did. They are very fem, thin and arched with a natural arch of my face, when i looked at them i loved them but did kind of worry abot someone saying something. That never happened, even though i am sure it was noticed at work, but then they have seen my shaved legs, shaved arms, long clear polished nails and my long hair that is half way down my back and dyed red... i do keep it in a high girls ponytail at work...

I just use the razor and shave off about half the thickness. Been doing it for several years now, and probably just looks the way they are. Besides, my brows are gray enough I doubt many would even notice.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

my wife plucks mine! not to thick not to thin

I barely have any eyebrows, and even then, they're covered by my glasses.

Mine were shaped by threading and now I pluck them every day or two to keep them on track.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I've been plucking for years to make the smaller and also trimming what is left to keep it shorter.

I keep my bushies down to a medium arch these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mine have been waxes thin, and arched since long before I went full time. Nobody ever said a word about it. I stand by my belief- people see what they want to see, if it doesn't have boobs and a dress, it's just a guy to them.-Celeste

I'm a baby about the pain of plucking/tweezing. Twenty-two years ago when I under went electrolysis I had the technician wax my eyebrows and every week she would permenently remove any strays that grew back. So far I've never had to think about my brows except a bit of penciling once in awhile.

Karan

I suggest threading your eyebrows. You will get a nice delicate shape without the pain of waxing.

threading is what they do at the mall, they twist 2 strings in the middle and it catches your hair and pulls it out. ==x|== your hair would be the | and as you pull the right strings apart it grabs the hair and pulls it out. Kind of like the spring epilators it works by opposing pressure. It's quicker than single hair tweezing. Go have someone do it though if you never have, it's difficult to get it right on your first try and you can end up with a line of missing hair :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    threading is what they do at the mall, they twist 2 strings in the middle and it catches your hair and pulls it out. ==x|== your hair would be the | and as you pull the right strings apart it grabs the hair and pulls it out. Kind of like the spring epilators it works by opposing pressure. It's quicker than single hair tweezing. Go have someone do it though if you never have, it's difficult to get it right on your first try and you can end up with a line of missing hair :-D
    Yes. For me, having the young Indian lady "Thread" me at the mall is the way to go! Nice, clean lines. Stings like a B$%&*! But lasts for several weeks.

Good question:

I do pluck on occasion but every two to three weeks i go get my haircut and have them waxed.
    Found this nice little Vietnamese shop that does haircut and waxing. In male mode I told the young girl after she finished my haircut i wanted to get my eyebrows waxed.
    Intinally I was reluctant because did not want to go to far to upset my wife are draw attention to myself at work. Showed the girl a picture of me on my phone and said this is me sometime....and want to gradually do a little more every-time to reshape them in a way that can not be detected.

So far it has worked and I think has made a difference in my female presentation.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

They would grow down on my eyelids if I didn't pluck daily. not pretty, I have tried waxing, threading and electrolyses. Trying rapid lash to thicken the top line, raise them higher. No one has ever said anything, but don't really care i like the trime arched look.

I tweeze and pluck my eyebrows, my wife says that i sometimes go too far, too femme. But I agree with the statement that a nice set of brows is quite feminine.

I pluck my eyebrows regularly. I started slowly and progressed to a more feminine/clean (or so I think) look. I get the same comment from my wife, that sometimes I go too far. Still no one has said a thing, though I am sure people have noticed. Just try to keep them clean and not overdo it.

I have been getting mine waxed for the past 2 years but last week I got my wife to pluck them for me. I said give me a nice thin shape and she did what I asked....

Its awesome!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mine are so faint its hard to see them to pluck them.
    I use a small brow trimmer to get an arch.

I pluck.....but mostly only the unruly ones, but I do slowly work on the ones on the bottom, but it seems like I barely keep up and I do pluck almost every day or at least everyday...

Brooke Shields probably has just as much of an eyebrow as I do, or maybe even more, but I haven't yet perfected mine into a more feminine look. I keep plucking away at whats in the middle and a few underneath, but just haven't quite got there yet...

By the time I get them where I want, they will be grey, or everyone will think that I've just aged enough that they are just thinning out. I'll keep plucking, I guess.

Suzanne