Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plucked Eyebrows?

Plucked Eyebrows?

I'm curious to know how many of you girls pluck your eyebrows. I know a lot of us keep their legs shaved, but this is easily hidden when in drab. Even with shorts on it's not very noticeable. Plucked eyebrows however are much more "in your face". I'm not talking about a minor cleanup, but a real shaping with a thin defined shape and a noticeable feminine arch. Makeup is easily removed, but a feminine eyebrow is there for awhile. Sort of a burn your bridges and no going back statement.
    I've always thought that one of the reasons that GG's look like GG's is their eyebrows. A nicely shaped and defined brow is just one of the reasons they look so cute. Of corse there are many other reasons, but the eyebrows do add to the total look.
    Myself, I keep mine fairly thin with a noticeable arch. Not so much that I look surprised all the time, but definitely not masculine. Sort of a retro '40's look. So even when I'm in drab it's obvious that I crossdress. Not a problem for me as I'm not ashamed of my lifestyle. I'm actually proud that I live an alternate lifestyle. Normally even when not dressed I'll wear women's shoes and nylons. Not spikes or anything radical. It's usually women's loafers or something casual.
    What do you gals do?
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Wow great question. I've wondered myslef. Does using a pencil help to fill in up top where youve not hair and then use make up to conceal where there is hair?

i don't pluck but mine are prof. waxed every 3 to 4 weeks and very fem for the past 15 yrs,

Gold Member
    I only pluck to thin slightly and clean up the strays for neatness. Eyebrows do not have to be thinned or arched to be feminine. Just ask Brooke Shields among many others.

OH yea! Been waxing mine since 2000, but it's a bit more accepted for Latino guys to do that. If you ever go to Puerto Rico you will notice that most of the guys have very groomed eyebrows with precise arches and "mucho" sharpness.

I love my eyebrows now, pre-2000 they were hair wastelands. It's funny though, I get a lot of hate comments about my eyebrows on my "Male" YouTube channel. go figure.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    When Tina started out 7 years ago, her eyebrows were one of the first things that had to be addressed. My wife explained that it would take a few years to arch them because, at the time, there was not enough hair simply to change the shape by plucking. It's taken several years but she was right that the hair will move if you insist upon removing some of it, at least for me! I'm not sure anyone has noticed (who would say anything, anyway?) and I've never caught anyone staring at them. The angle is not brutally sharp, but they are clearly arched and rather thin.

P.S. It's probably important to note that at this point in my life, if I didn't pluck my brows I would have a 2" wide unibrow. Frankly, I need to pluck them not to be a "cave man"! However, they don't need the femme arch that I give them.
    Last edited by suchacutie; 03-18-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: additional thought

Aspiring Member
    I shave mine to a feminine arch but have to wear glasses when I drive.

I get mine threaded every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Eyebrows do not have to be thinned or arched to be feminine. Just ask Brooke Shields among many others.
    My goal is the Brooke Shields look. I wouldn't wnat them thin and arched in either boy or girl mode.

However, I don't shape them at all. My belief is that they will be noticed, even if no one says anything. And I'm sure someone special to me (my wife) would both notice and say something, and then I'd be in for months of grief until they grew back.

When I've gone for transformations, the MA has covered over the real eye brow and redrawn it thinner and arched. Look at my profile pic (of me, not the cutie cartoon). I'm not sure how noticeable it is, but I was sporting covered up brows and fales eye lashes. Left to my own devices, I try to lighten under the brow to make it appear thinner.

I was wondering if there was some kind of "brow wax" that could be used to clatten bushie brows.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 12-16-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Mine are waxed thin and slightly arched every few weeks. I know that I look a lot better this way.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

eyebrows.jpg

I've slowly plucked mine over the last 6 years. I also lift them a little with tape so they are more arched in female mode then male. I also wear glasses in my male presentation so they are not as visible then.
    Sally

I pluck... been doing it for so long I can't remember when I started! No comments or looks. But then I am pretty bald in guy mode and keep what hair I have ultra short... With that look you don't want big eyebrows, even as a guy!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah J. View Post
    Myself, I keep mine fairly thin with a noticeable arch...So even when I'm in drab it's obvious that I crossdress.
    No, even when you're in drab it's obvious you keep your eyebrows fairly thin with a noticeable arch. In other words, a male who cares about such subtleties of grooming.

That is, unless you are wearing your "I'm a CD'er" button and then all bets are off.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I tweeze mine, I have to use brow power or pencil in man mode
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

I have just started plucking and trimming mine. I plan on slowly, over time, grooming and shaping my brows so that it is not obviously noticeable to those that see me on a regular basis.
    Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

I pluck the strays just so that they won't look like Sasquatch. I use a little brown shadow to darken the arch when I dress. They're still a bit lush, but many GGs are in the same boat.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have kept my eyebrows plucked for many years. In male mode I just draw them on a bit lighter.
    Hugs, Carole

I want to start, but as of right now, I do nothing.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I pluck, in fact I just finished before signing on here. When I get my chest and back waxed I also have my brows done. Been doing to so long that everyone just thinks i have well groomed brows.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I just use the razor and shave off about half the thickness. Been doing it for several years now, and probably just looks the way they are. Besides, my brows are gray enough I doubt many would even notice.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

I barely have any eyebrows, and even then, they're covered by my glasses.

I have plucked for a few years. Slowly shaping them from the bottom as the eyebrow guides recommend. I don't want the really thin because the hair will thin a you get older. A friend of mine has pencil thin brows and has to fill much of them in because she use to pluck them thin for years, now that they are thinning out she doesn't have much left. I do notice when I neglect them for a while the really short stubble are more noticeable than the thin well shaped brows. I shoot for the feminine looking brow that is not over the top.

I pluck mine for a while.. just trying to get the kind of cleaned up as they were a mess, all over the place.. this summer i started having them waxed..and thinned them down a little at a time to where they were pretty good in either girl or boy mode.. However this last visit i ask the lady to do them a little thinner.. and she did. They are very fem, thin and arched with a natural arch of my face, when i looked at them i loved them but did kind of worry abot someone saying something. That never happened, even though i am sure it was noticed at work, but then they have seen my shaved legs, shaved arms, long clear polished nails and my long hair that is half way down my back and dyed red... i do keep it in a high girls ponytail at work...

1) I pluck mine regularly. I mostly just remove the stragglers and accentuate the arch. Other than that, I don't really change their size or shape much. They can pass for clean boy brows or girl brows.

2) I trim my brow hairs to keep them from getting too long and bushy. I brush them straight up and trim them back a little with a little electric trimmer.

3) When I dress up, I brush my brows with clear mascara. They end up looking more neat and defined.

4) I define them in a couple places with a tiny bit pencil.

I keep mine trimmed somt he neighbors don't complain. I make them middle of the road, thinner and cleaner than natural and works for any time. I keep the outer ends trimmed so the arch is not really there...I pencil the thin arch in if I want it. The other thing that works really well is to draw over your brows with the pencil forming the shape of the arch, it darkens them up and fools the eye to make it see an arch. The other thing...not for every day though, but great under a wig is to use tape to pull your skin up creating arches.
    Chickie