Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are CDs More Affectionate?

I don't know if I would be calling myself more affectionate, but I am certainly much more caring and compassionate than most males. I tend to agree with Nichola overall.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by LelaK
    Though CDs are mostly straight, I think we're much more willing to display affection publicly too. Am I right?
    [SIZE="2"]In public I am burdened by obligatory male detachment, but I do show affection to other MtF crossdressers, especially here, especially if I have an interest in the person or persona. It all depends what mood I happen to be in, I suppose…[/SIZE]

I suppose I should've asked also if CDs are more emotional or sensitive than most men. Should I have asked that?
    [SIZE="2"]You are what you ask! Some are, and some aren’t – the “community” is just like any other, displaying a wide range of sensibilities, tastes, and personal connection with one’s own emotions. I happen to be a rather sensitive male, but I wouldn’t say that is a prerequisite condition for crossdressing. That being said, the words "I don't care" never cross my lips...
    [/SIZE]

I do find that my SO is absolutly more affectionate then my ex husband, I love it
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-17-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: quote removed, no need for it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]----Live....Laugh....Love------SO of Cassandra Lynn.

No, not convinced. We might think ourselves to be but I wonder if others might see it that way?
    I know myself that I am attempting to make up for a bucket of guilt when I may appear more affectionate/don't-say-no when shopping with my wife. Lots of guilt. Her friends (who don't know) don't see it that way though.

And Tamara's right, the bitchiness online and in person can be astonishing.
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I have often noticed that there appears to be less affection shown by American men than shown by most European men.
    There seems to be a sort of macho thing going on in the U.S. It even seems to show up here sometimes.
    So a CD girl from the U.S. is less likely to hug than a European CD girl?
    Sorry Suzy, i know you meant no offense but this got a bit of raised brow from me as well.
    In fact, i seem to recall a list i saw a few years back that listed American males well behind several European, Latin and Asian countries as the most sexist/macho.
    Which to my mind would be a poor indicator of affectionate behavior.

But i think we should also note that the last 5 to 7 years of economic hardships across the globe has caused a severe amount of stress and tension amongst all peoples on this orb, so perhaps we are making snap judgements at a bad time in history.

That said, i kinda like the way Tina (aka suchacutie said it).

As for myself, i've always been more of the sensitive type and after getting into recovery and coming to terms with my true self, i am more affectionate. At the same time i have been dealing with poor finances, an unsatisfactory living situation and trying to get my feet firmly back under me, once that happens the floodgates will fully open.

I have to agree with most that I am more loving and caring then most males! I'm even more so when I'm in female mode which is 24/7 now!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I think a lot of CDer's display more affection showing more of their feminine side.
    More thought, consideration and affection than the average male.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I always heard that a male cat would be more affectionate if you had him "fixed". I haven't tried it on myself though.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think that you may find some of the GGs on here may disagree with you on that because of the way that they have been treated by a CDing husband or SO and they may also say if they are affectionate but to who, it is easy to think that just because we have this feminine streak within us that we are going to inherit the good bits of the female race .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Being of Teutonic background, showing emotion is not something we do. However, since I have become involved in the Hispanic and TG communities, I have found that both are more touchy/feely and I am getting used to hugging and air kisses. So yeah, I guess, I mean I don't know...(stands 8 inches away and reaches to hug without touching)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ..... I am getting used to hugging and air kisses.
    But that hugging can be a problem if you're in "male mode" but wearing a bra under your shirt!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I'm the SO of a crossdresser. My partner is the most affectionate man I've ever known although he doesn't show affection in a "girly" or touchy-feely kind of way. It's difficult to define but the hugs, cuddles, handholding, touches, etc have a masculinity to them that make me feel cherished as a woman and a lover.

You're exactly right, we are more affectionate. When I go out, I'm giving all kinds of hugs and kisses, it's great and freeing too! It's so different from when I'm in drab, and I love it!

A very interesting thread. I honestly never paid that much attention to the matter. Then again other than my friend, Penny, who was killed a few years ago in a car accident I never knew a CD/TG in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post

As for myself, i've always been more of the sensitive type and after getting into recovery and coming to terms with my true self, i am more affectionate. At the same time i have been dealing with poor finances, an unsatisfactory living situation and trying to get my feet firmly back under me, once that happens the floodgates will fully open.
    Getting my waders out and putting a smile on my face....

I must say any man who is in touch with his feminine sides is more affectionate and caring etc.

Maybe I'm not more overtly affectionate, but certainly more compassionate towards all others when I'm dressed. I've come to love my feminine nature, and dressing frees me, even when I'm alone. Like Red Green says, "we're all in this together!" hugs, Elfin
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Outwardly affectionate in either guise, no. But I do note that I'm much less uptight about getting a hug or a kiss when dressed.

As I already work in a profession where I'm pretty much automatically assumed to be gay, I try very much not to support the stereotype of the 'in denial' homosexual. So no, I don't routinely hug guys. Women on the other hand, every chance I can get; with no regular GF, any sort of affection is something I usually have to pay for, as I don't always have a female friend around with whom it's appropriate to snuggle up to.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.