Thread: Funny thing from a while ago...

Funny thing from a while ago...

I guess it's safe to tell this story now, since the store has been out of business for almost a year...
    bit of background - I had worn a dress and heels for halloween, and I have natural long hair and fingernails (which I'd been painting a variety of colors (much to the amusement of my coworkers )... but i'm far from the prettiest girl by any stretch of the imagination
    the setting - a small electronics store, slightly before closing time.

As I'm counting the day's receipts, the phone rings...

I answer, and it was one of the (muuuuch older than me) customers asking if we have ...something... (I don't recall the exact item, as it was something we didn't carry..)
    After this he asked me if I was a CD, I said that I had broken social norms from time to time, and then he asked me out.... rather embarrassing... so I had to explain that I didn't go that way, and wife would *not* be pleased... (well, less pleased than she usually is regarding my "hobby" :P ) this goes on for a bit, and he eventually got the point, and was a bit disappointed

When I told my wife she fell upon the floor and laughed, and later asked me why I didn't take him up on the offer....

apologies for my writing style, english is my native language, but i am not a writer :P

What made him ask if you were a cd, had he been in the store before and seen your nails?

How accepting is your wife these days?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Lynne,
    It is always nice to have an admirer, but it is a little creepy too! It sounds like you looked nice enough to excite a man. At least he did not ask you out in the store in front of the other customers.
    Thanks for sharing your story,

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I suspect that he had been into the store previously and the item check was just a ruse for the real object of his desires......You.

Unfortunately for him, the item was in stock but not available for rent or purchase!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

one never knows ... wife is still in dadt mode unfortunately
    That's true... if he would have asked in person... coworkers found it pretty funny though... I'll post a pic of what I wore for Halloween later

hi lynnef

Wow you must be flattered by this expreince , I guess you are more convincing as a women (giggle) show us the halloween pic .