Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How important to you is a 'flat front'?

Quote Originally Posted by RitaCD View Post
    Like stephNE and Cheryl I tuck 24/7 (unless I'm in the shower). .
    So seriously, how do you urinate?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    HPatti, Why would any crossdresser not want a flat front.
    Perhaps because:
    Its just not important to them
    It doesnt show under a dress, skirt, or loose slacks
    Its uncomfortable
    A zillion other good (for them) reasons

Everyones body image is different. Whats important to me as a CDr will not be important to another CDr - and that is fine. That is why I asked and each is free to respond as they wish.

Luv and Hugs
    Patti Remick

Definitely a flat front. If I see a GG in tight pants, sweats, spandex, something like that and obviously totally flat, I sigh to myself wishing it were I.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I need a flat front when dressed and because I like to dress each day it is tucked always which has made it easier to do each time I have done it. Everything learns their place and they head for it when given a gentle nudge.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

I like to be relatively flat, but not to the point where comfort is compromised. If extreme measures are needed to hide the equipment I will rethink my wardrobe choices. I'm too old for the T-shirt-and-leggings look anyway!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I like to keep a flat front always 24/7. It just makes me feel better about myself no matter what I'm wearing. Luckily, I don't have a need for glue, superglue, tape or anything else. I'm actually more comfortable when tucked. However I do sometimes wonder about adverse side effects. After all they are designed to "hang loose"
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Deborah J.

Platinum Member
    I am quite careful to present a flat front, to use your words, when en femme. It's important for me to eliminate, to the extent possible, any visual cues to my birth gender

Flat for sure, but... If it's summer and I'm out in the back yard with no one around, I just love a cool breeze under the skirt. Then they're free!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna June View Post
    Definitely a flat front. If I see a GG in tight pants, sweats, spandex, something like that and obviously totally flat, I sigh to myself wishing it were I.
    Ditto. Same here I have toe envy

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I like to be relatively flat, but not to the point where comfort is compromised. If extreme measures are needed to hide the equipment I will rethink my wardrobe choices. I'm too old for the T-shirt-and-leggings look anyway!
    ^this. Even a moderate briefer kind of flattens what is there, and when I wear ruffled panties under a skirt/dress, well you can't tell anyway. Downside? If one of 'the boys' pops out when I move a certain way, it becomes a serious problem, as the elastic acts like a saw on the scrotum.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna June View Post
    Me 100%.

A flat front is even more important than a bust. .... at least as important.
    I tuck well and love wearing gg jeans. Sorry Karen. LOL

Aspiring Member
    Depends on the outfit, but with leggings or any slim/tight fitting clothing it's imperative to me

Aspiring Member
    I tuck often but wonder are there any dangers or risks associated with it since it does not seem nature designed the scrotal area to be confined like that often under extreme pressure. Just how durable are the testes, is there any chance of doing permane nt damage like crushing them in any way?

I'm like you Patti, blessed or cursed, small down there. All I need is a pair of comfy undies and control top pantyhose and I'm flatter than a board.

Very important to me, It really wreck the apearance of a nice outfit
    with a make bulge in the front. Must be smooth for the right.

Well not totally smooth, you need to have the curves in the right places.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Cyndigurl, can you tell more about the operation and procedure to get rid of the twins

Quote Originally Posted by joan47 View Post
    Cyndigurl, can you tell more about the operation and procedure to get rid of the twins
    Not Cyndigurl, but the operation is called an "orchiectomy", and if you do a web search, you can learn all about it.

It's a pretty drastic thing to do just to achieve a "flat front".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hello,
    Am I totally out of the norm in liking (loving) the feel of "my stuff" against the satin and lace
    of the particular clothes I'm wearing? I've been "Dressing Up", on and off for about 30 years and I mean, sure I've tried tucking
    a few times and it's just not that comfortable. I know each person is different and has different sensibilities but I like being a man,
    even though the cloths suck, just as much as I love to dress like a lady once in while. Having no desire to change my sex, I just
    feel like I have the best of Both worlds.

...I'd also like to add that I choose undies and outer wear that do
    a wonderful job of presenting a "flat front".
    Last edited by Eryn; 12-18-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    A flat front for me is EXTREMELY important, I am for all intense purposes female in mind and spirit, Physically though I am not who I want to be, So when I dress I do want to be as close to my true self as possible, So yes it is put in a proper place where it can not be seen.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Well, it's doggone essential! It's a bit of a stretch to wear tight jeans, heels, forms, makeup, etc, and then have an obvious bulge!!!

In fact, since almost all of my jeans are rather tight, it's just a whole lot better to tuck in them no matter what gender I'm presenting, else it just attracts attention...obviously!

It took me a week of constant tucking to figure out what works best for me, but now tucking is just a 10 second operation so there's no reason to not be tucked when I want to. I don't even give it a second thought anymore, I just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I would think the response is universal that any cross dresser wishing to pass as a woman wants a "flat front." If you are attempting to appear as womanly as possible, why would you want the tell tale sign of manhood? If I want to look as womanly as possible, would I not want to wear a bra with something that would suggest or create the illusion of natural breasts? So, as I sit banging on the keyboard I am wearing a bra with enhancements and somewhat concealing my manhood without feeling uncomfortable.

I had a smile come to my face because the question also made me think back to the time period when television shows or movies sometimes poked fun at the attempt of boys to 'enhance' the appearance of their manhood by using a rolled up sock in their pants! Somehow that was suppose to make the young girls swoon!
    Yes a flat front below is as important as an projecting top front. I went on hormones to shrink my already small package and got it really small to almost child like. Breast didn't respond as I wanted and got implants. Now in tight curvy jeans and tee or crop top can't tell me from gg. Well worth effort doing!
    Last edited by wilt575; 12-18-2012 at 10:17 PM.

I too need a flat front at all times. While wearing a dress or skirt I usually tuck with a pair of Hanes, Waist smoother pantyhose (discontinued last month) and
    a medium Tena pad which when positioned just right and with a little dab of petroleum jelly creates a flat, feminine and ladylike front. But I wore a pair of
    black leggings out recently and that posed a whole different tuck-pad-pantyhose situation. With leggings it had to be tight tuck with control top pantyhose
    then leggings with a very long sweater.....you know, just in case......dana

A flat front is essential to carry out a perfect feminine image. I tuck every time I wear my panties and that's daily now.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    If I'm going out, then yes, I want a flat front. Since I don't get to go out dressed much anymore, when I'm around the house, I don't bother with any tucking...
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Well let's see... when I'm dressed to the nines, the tight panties, and two pair of spankx pretty much take care of things down there. When I'm just casual in guy mode, I'm still wearing chic low rise jeans and I still have to tuck.... those pants aren't made for walking without tucking.... LOL...

So yea, I like the look and I consider it just part of the routine.... and yea this is me.

Renne.....
    Attached Images Attached Images