Thread: May I have the pink button too?

May I have the pink button too?

On my last airplane trip, I intentionally wore my light blue Bali bralet--no metal bra clasp to be detected by their Flash Gordon body scanner. I was still asked to 'step aside' and got a friendly pat down--no 'what's this' as before with the metal clasp being a tattle tale. guess their machine can see everything!
    good thing I wear Silk Reflections pantyhose instead of my high waist pantygirdle with six metal garter clasps--that would really excite the machine and be an even more embarassing 'what's this' question session!
    I so wish I could request the 'pink button' (visible on their side of the screening machine)--with a figure of a female--for the color blind TSAers. Clearly women get a pass on underwire bras,girdles, etc.
    what have you experienced -crossdressing airport memories to share?

It would appear that nobody at airport security actually knows what the policies, procedures, and regulations are. They make it up as they go. Flying has been made about as un-fun as it can get, short of making you sit on the wings and hold on.
    There was a wonderful piece on 60 minutes about a year ago called 'security theater', which stated that modern security measures at airports was a charade, to make the flyers feel something was being done. Can you hide enough explosive in your cardigan buttons to down an airliner? I doubt it. Could a baggage handler be bribed to put a big package in the hold of an airplane? Absolutely. I agree something has to be done, but I don't think it has to make us feel like potential criminals.
    Sadly, I now feel that we have to metal detector every single man, woman, and child entering a school. -Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    ..... I agree something has to be done, but I don't think it has to make us feel like potential criminals.
    Sadly, I now feel that we have to metal detector every single man, woman, and child entering a school. -Celeste
    It seems our enemies are winning the war. They aren't actually killing us, but they have made life miserable for us and caused us to lose many of the rights this country (the USA in my case) was founded for.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda