Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age where is teally clicked; and your start started dressing as often as you could

Age where is teally clicked; and your start started dressing as often as you could

For me, it was just this year at 48...oops so much for typing in nails!! teally should be really!

Banned Read only
    When I retired with a still working life. Right now I'm taking a break from decorating the Christmas tree. Fully en femme in dress, heel, hosiery and all the proper undergarments, and, wig.

Just this last summer actually for me. Not because I didn't want to but this is the first time in my life I have lived alone and had the opportunity to fully dress and learn how to do so. I am dressed fully 4 or 5 times a week and usually wear something all the time.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I don't remember a time when I didn't want to dress as often as I could.

Walked out of the house fully dressed in '80 at age 22. Never looked back, and wouldn't have stayed in any situation that would not let me be myself.-Celeste

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Experimented with stuff from Mom's closet as a young kid through my teens, but never fully dressed -- head to toe, including wig and makeup -- until two years ago, when I was 38 ... and LOVED it

In 2003, at age 55, I went full time, then stopped, returning to the (near) 24/7 in the middle of 2004. I first dressed in 1956, put looking back at it it really must have been circa 1954.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I made the move to fully dressing up, ie the whole deal when I was in my twenties. It's only recently, age 40, that I've been trying (and trying) to make a "look."
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

At age 31 I found myself in a situation where I could focus on dressing for extended periods of time without having to hide. Also funding had improved, so I could purchase the items I desired, which of course allowed me to build a better wardrobe. It's been 16 years now and there have been a few periods where I put it away, but it always returns. Right now, I'm in one of the more extended and better phases. It's amazing how the joy continues and at times intensifies.

Aspiring Member
    I was 6 years old playing with my sister & I knew right away then I had to do it. It became my childhood secret & I longed to be a girl. I'd dress when I knew I'd be alone, but I was brought up to be masculine & it wouldn't have went down well at all if I'd been discovered. My heads a mess sometimes, but the highs are so high I don't think I'd want to change.

I was on and off all my life. Then mid life hit me like a ton of bricks a year ago and that was it. Now I get it in as often as I can

I've always loved and admired women's fashion, but I didn't seriously start dressing until about four years ago.

Platinum Member
    Lol, I opened this thread just to find out what 'tealy' was. You're right though. As I've...ahem...matured, I do fond I spend more and more time en femme...because I can and because I want to!

Allie was born in late 2006 from zero, and this year I became legally and certifiably old. Starting later in life was all to my advantage, being old, somewhat mature, experienced a lot in life, realized that life is a terminal illness and it is better to live it to the fullest before I lose the opportunity to do so. I jumped on board that train and have never looked back.

Banned Read only
    I think it was about 13 years ago that I first stepped out fully dressed and made up. From that time forward, it has become an obsessive passion.

Who doesnt love boots!
    i was 19 in college
    - Jessica

My first memory of dressing is when I was about 7 or 8 - got caught in my mom's girdle and stockings. Kept going through childhood and adolescence, although deeply in the closet. My older sister is a year older than me so I borrowed her stuff whenever I had a chance. Pretty much put it all away while I was in the Army (got drafted near the end of the draft era) and then picked it up again after the Army - borrowing my wife's stuff when I could. Came clean to my wife after being married about 15 years and her response was that I could do what I needed to do, but she didn't want to be involved. And she didn't want me to go out in public, or tell our kids. I agreed to those terms and life was good. When we retired 4 years ago we revisited the conditions and she says I can dress as much as I want, pretty much as often as I want, so long as it stays in the house, and the rest of the family doesn't find out. Again, I'm happy with those conditions. There are days I'm completely drab; days I'm wearing pantyhose and a bra; days I'll add a skirt; days I'll add a skirt and top - it all depends on how I feel when I get dressed. I wear heels almost every day at home, nightgowns almost every night, and have had mani/pedis for over 10 years now - usually red polish on my toes and clear on the fingers.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

When i bought my first wig. i think I was about 29 (now 40). My earliest memory of dressing of any kind was when i was about 8. But I know I had done it before then. The first time I put a wig on that was it. There was no more "partial" dressing unless it was to try on something I was looking to buy.

It had all clicked when I got real old, ten years old.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
    I was 6 years old playing with my sister & I knew right away then I had to do it. It became my childhood secret & I longed to be a girl. I'd dress when I knew I'd be alone, but I was brought up to be masculine & it wouldn't have went down well at all if I'd been discovered. My heads a mess sometimes, but the highs are so high I don't think I'd want to change.
    About 5 years old no ,other boys in neighborhood, just my older sister and other girls,older sister and her friends dressed me up as girl whenever possiable it I just seemed to enjoy it. When I got into teens did it full time except at school when parents were gone on business and just sister and me. Always felt more girl than guy and got my implants to get the projection and looks to match my curvy hips and butt I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    Experimented with stuff from Mom's closet as a young kid through my teens, but never fully dressed -- head to toe, including wig and makeup -- until two years ago, when I was 38 ... and LOVED it
    For me first time full dressed up, all moms stuff. Makeup, green sweater dress, jewelry, panties, bra (stuffed w/socks), panty hose, heels, no wig however...10-11yrs old. Even shaved my legs then too albeit a horrible job.

Now and then in college, living with girls and having some privacy. But there was a shift in my late twenties / early thirties. Felt the need to express that part of myself much more. Now I dress whenever I have the house to myself, usually for an evening when my wife (who knows) goes out with a gf. Even an hour spent en femme is nice, and puts me in a good mood the rest of the day.

Senior year of High school. We had to play a football game in 12" of snow, and coach told us to wear pantyhose under our girdle. Well, that was it for me!

ooohh i started when i was 11- 12 yrs old., by sneaking my sisters clothes. Then my second year in college, i had an apartment with a friend. ANd i found i could dress in my room (fully). ANd as the years progressed, i moved into my own place and leanred to dress more and more without hiding. but it was this year that i actually went "public" with my secret. ANd now im happy i can dress and those around know. But ive been told i need to come out more so i can dress outside whenever i please. But at present, i dont feel the need too

melissa

I really "got into it" about age 40. I also started at about age 10 or so, but never really became in touch with the real me until that magical big 4-oh.