Thread: Palm Springs

Palm Springs

Hi Everyone,
    I'm thinking of moving to palm spring ca..
    Would any one know if there are any planned
    communities that are CD friendly..

I don't know if there are specific communities that are CD friendly but it is a very Gay friendly city. I know a few cds that go out to clubs there. Toucans is the best one from what I am told. I don't think you would have any issues there. I do believe it is the 2nd largest Gay community next to San Francisco.

I used to live in Yucca Valley less than an hour from there. The bad news is, I was 17 when I left, so I know NOTHING about the TG scene there other than to agree with Tabitha that it is a very gay friendly city.

Palm Springs.Only traveled past in the train.
    It has always fascinated me and looks like an attractive spot.
    I think it costs to live there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Danelle

The difference between living in CT or living in the high desert of California is similar to living in CT or the moon. Be prepared to drastically change your lifestyle.

It is a very gay friendly place. I really love La Quinta which is nearly adjacent to Palm Springs. Palm Springs, La Quinta and Rancho Mirage are expensive places to live. There are surrounding communities that will cost less, but then you will meet a very red part of the State head on.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Let's start with Hamberger Mary's and go on from there. I have done The Springs dressed en femme in daytime with a friend and had a great time. We were at thrifts, a resturant and dept stores. No problem. The city also had a CD run for an office a while back (don't remember the office).
    joank
    Southern California

I spend most of February in Palm Springs each year staying with a relative. As has been said, it is extremely gay friendly. I don't dress while I'm there, but have seen many cd's out and about having a great time. I've also been to some pretty good female impersonator shows while there. I would not be afraid to go out and about in PS.

Jodi

I will be near Palm Springs, Indeo actually, on vacation from 28 Dec till 04 Jan. Although my loving, accepting wife will be with me, we will be visiting her parents for the week. Probably zero chance of dressing and visiting any of the sites, unfortunately....

Thankz everyone for ur imputs I will be back
    with some details of PS..