Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time out at walmart. no one gave a crap. success!

Post 1st time out at walmart. no one gave a crap. success!

Until today, I've only dressed up around my gf at home. Not anymore!

I was doing my makeup this morning and thought, "hey, this looks pretty good" and spontaneously went out. My gf and YouTube both taught me how to apply makeup more naturally. I used to wear blue eye shadow and red lipstick all the time lol.

I wore a purple dress with black leggings and black boots. I threw on a hoodie and pajama pants over my female clothes so my neighbors wouldn't take notice. No one was outside anyway. I hop in my car and drive about 40 minutes out of town and pull up to a Walmart. I finally took my male clothes off and step out of my car. Super scary moment. I almost backed down but I was like, "I came all this way, I should do this."

I took a deep breath and left the safety of my car. If you've seen the movie 28 weeks later, it felt like the opening scene where the guy leaves his cabin, he opens the door and its really bright out and hes just so vulnerable to a zombie attack lol.

I pass by a few people in the parking lot but no one looks at me. When I enter Walmart, a young woman makes eye contact with me and I'm like, "oh god she knows!!".

I quickly learn that no one actually gives a crap and my heart rate slows down to just really fast instead of really really really fast. I always dreamed of shopping for clothes and makeup while free of harassment or fear. I literally dreamed. It was a dream a come true! I had my disguise on! So I bought a cute looking top, some purple tights, sunglasses and some foundation because I was almost out at home. While testing the color on my skin, another young woman said excuse me, and grabbed some lipgloss. She was barely looking at me to my surprise. When she walked away, I watched her to see if she was going to give me a second look like, "holy crap is that a guy?" But nothing. She just kept walking.

I was feeling brave now. That gave me the idea of walking up to two girls who worked there. They were talking about something when i started to pretend to look at stuff they were standing in front of. They looked at me and said, "oh excuse me." and stepped aside and continued talking. Then I walked away but hid behind a corner to eavesdrop lol. They didn't mention me at all. Ive completely passed!

I went to checkout but realized there were no self checkouts. My confidence was sky high anyway so I went to a register with an old Indian lady. Kinda like a robot, she said, "hello, how are you." I just smiled. I felt like Ariel from the little mermaid without a voice lol. I paid for the items and was about to leave when she stopped me, "ma'am." I don't remember if I smiled but my heart just warmed up at the fact that she called me ma'am.

She pointed at the foundation in my cart that I had not put on the conveyor belt thing. "Did you want to buy that too?"

"Omg. I'm sorry yes."

Whoops. Lol I have an unmistakably male voice. Very deep. She stared at me and I could see her brain processing it. I hurried up and paid for the foundation and bailed! Strangely, that gave me some more courage too. I realized, if someone reads me, nothing will happen anyway.

I was so happy. I felt like skipping home and singing little mermaid songs haha. But my home is 40 minutes away by car.

Anyways, that was my day. I want to post a pic but can't on my phone for some reason.

Great story and congrats!!! I suspect we will be hearing much more on your new adventures. Way to go!!

That's awesome weezah. It's very difficult for a lot of us to get out like you did, Many more coming I bet!!
    Oh, how I wish....

Welcome to the outside world, and the Sky didnt fall in,the only thing that will suffer will be your bank balance,
    great story glad you made it home , are you ready to do it all again ??

merry christmas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Brilliant Weezah! Doesn't feel great? More adventures to come I expect.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

The think that amazes me about places like Walmart (ASDA in the UK) and especially the likes of Tesco is just how GOOD some of the fashions are.

Tesco has a range called F&F which includes some stunning dresses, including this one which is great for quality and I love the style and cost - US$60.

Last edited by Catherine Hopkins; 12-20-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Relinked to version withing limits - sorry
    love

Cat

Congratulations weezie Glad you had a zombie-free day at Walmart! Looking forward to hearing more of your forays, gurl!

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

The hardest part about gettin out and about is our own fear of the CD Police, which don't really exist except in a few really wierd places.... Watch out for the little kids. I mean the 1 to 2 year olds... they will stare you down girl... at least they do me... the rest of the people either don't look or don't care... suits me just fine...

Renne.....

Good going, Weezah! Glad all went well for you and you accomplished a goal you set for yourself. Now you can look forward to many more enjoyable outings. Best wishes.
    Di

Quote Originally Posted by weezah View Post

I took a deep breath and left the safety of my car. If you've seen the movie 28 weeks later, it felt like the opening scene where the guy leaves his cabin, he opens the door and its really bright out and hes just so vulnerable to a zombie attack lol.
    Great description! I'll bet there are an awful lot of us who have experienced this feeling at one time another, myself included. It's that initial moment of vulnerability that you just have to get over and realize that the zombies really aren't out to get you.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Best wishes for the next time!

-Bree

Guy wearing dresses
    I've seen far worse things than even obvious crossdressers at Wal*Mart. It will eventually settle down from a panic to the comfort of being out "en femme."

That's great you got out and had such a good experience. I think it is funny that so many of us feel bravest to first go out in the big chain stores. i think they make us feel anonymous and even if (or when) we get read, it is easy to disappear in the crowd.
    regent,

Last time I was at Wal Mart I did see a zombie.....at least I think it was a zombie.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Congrats on the adventure. I have yet to shop while dressed. Like you said, its all in our heads. Someday I'll be brave like you. Until then I'm living vicariously through posts like this one!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

That's agreat adventure. Walmart is one place where nobody looks out of place. There's even a website where people post photos:
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-20-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Link is not acceptable as it makes fun of people
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Well done. I didn't quite manage a shopping experience this week on my first outing - just some window shopping. But having read your post and looking back at how relaxed I was beginning to feel I should have been confident enough to interact in a shop! To be honest my feet were starting to kill me. You did a great job and if you feel like me you cant wait for the next time
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Awesome for you. I would ask you to post the pics but I can wait to see the new video of "people of Walmart" LOL!
    I want to be this girl!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well done GF we are so proud of you.
    Overcoming the fear is quite amazing huh?

Sounds good Hon. Just be careful you don't get featured in one of those "people of wal mart" photo deals.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hmm, if I want to give a crap at Walmart I go to the rest room.
    I agree nobody gives a crap usually, good for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Poor Walmart... the testing grounds for CDers... Great story! ...you are correct, nobody cares, we think people notice, but most don't until we do something unusual....even then, they are not sure, but if you think about it, what would your reaction be if you were surprised in the same way? ...generally, I think its just fear of a bruised ego many people don't care and are curious or enjoy it.
    Chickie

Yeah I wonder how many strange things a Walmart employee sees haha.

Here's a photo of me and the sunglasses I bought.

And I can't wait to go out again!

*edit
    Resized the photo per forum rules. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-20-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Pic to big read the rules for sizing for external links

And another one is out the door! Soon (if not, already!) we 'll be an army in the streets! We shall take over the malls! Look out world; we're invading!

That's so great. That has been my experience at Wal mart once and four or five times grocery shopping. People are pretty much focused on what they have to get done.
    Mary

Wow, Thats amazing, My first time out in public was at a Walmart parking lot. I parked way out and walked almost to the door and saw a shopping cart and decided to push it to a cart return. I must of passed 20 or more people and all anyone said to me was Hello or Hi. So I went back to my car and left. That gave me the confidence I needed. Now I,m out and about alot.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.